Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Do You Think Xtina Wasn't Able to Sustain Success as Long as Her Peers

Future Lovers

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

I don’t think it’s that deep. Please I’m not a Xtina hater but I don’t think she or her music were able to connect with people. She always had that grand powerful persona while, for example, Britney had the cool, vulnerable, relatable girl vibes. 

even during Bionic era which the visuals were similar to Gaga’s at the time, Gaga’s music was still personal and relatable at some level unlike Bionic and honestly Lotus was a pretty bad album with a very dated sound.  

I think even in her peak eras, she didn’t have that many hits like Britney or Beyonce did. 

I could see Xtina getting a P!nk kind of career if her music was relatable as I said. P!nk despite being different from the other girls, she had an unique vision and attitude which’s able to captivate many fans.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas

Maybe her attitude. I know a lot of other artists who have worked with her did not have a lot of nice things to say about her. Also, Britney was a global phenomenon when Xtina debuted and I think maybe it was hard to compete with her. Xtina has quite a few hits under her belt, too, but I think it was probably hard for her to get herself out of Britney’s shadow. 

Gimme More

She was always in Britney's shadow and wasn't really a nice person back then, apparently she's humbled herself now. She was literally known for not being a nice person so I don't think that helped.

Then when she came back she got accused of copying Gaga and the music just wasn't good.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

dynamite

When an artist releases mediocre music compared to their former works the public tends to lose interest and radio stop supporting as much, even if their subsequent releases are better. Bionic was ... Weird and the single(s) were not good.

It's like you only have one chance in the pop world and that's it, people are very shallow.mp3... There are exceptions though but I can't think of any.

GovernmentHookah

Where does Burlesque factor into all of this? I guess it doesn’t even matter?

But Stripped had hits like Dirrty, Beautiful, Fighter, Can't Hold Us Down and The Voice Within, not a 100% sure if they didn't hit #1 but they are her signature hits and some of the most recognisable for sure.

I think a management in her career is a huge factor as well, they don't seem to care to promote her or her work. The DWUW collab with Gaga would've been HUGE if it was an actual single and would've introduced her into a new audience.

It's sad as she has such an incredible voice and has inspired so many of the current artists today, but I guess everybody has there moment at one point but it is strange of what happened to her career.

It kind of reminds of when people said Gaga was "over" but she never was, she just went through a more quite phase in her career and came back stronger then ever.

JoeMo
7 hours ago, bestie said:

I think the over singing... 

this, and simply because the music has never really been good enough to maintain longevity. 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Agunimon

I thought Bionic is one of the best pop albums in the era it was released. Unfortunately, underperformed and under-marketed. 

Lotus was not good.

And then she spent like 10 years on The Voice, didn't she?

FentyGa

1.breaks between albums

2.attitudes towards those who came before her (burning bridges)

3.gaga’s rise (xtina wasn’t doing anything that nobody else was)

4.best new artist curse

BoomBig

I’m still pissed, even to this day.

Say what you want but Your Body deserved to be worldwide smash hit. :giveup:

Summerboi14

Her long ass breaks broke her neck.
She should've released Bionic in 2008 and something new in 2010.

StrawberryBlond

Definitely a mixture of long breaks and a bad attitude. Let's face it, popstars are all about frequent releases or people forget about you and when word spreads that you've got an attitude problem too, especially when you're a woman, it won't pan out well. When she came back with Bionic, it unlike previous releases, it wasn't good enough to warrant the long break and that was it for her. She lost so many fans with that album, including me. Lotus was even worse. She made a good return to quality control with Liberation but that was her longest ever wait for an album, nearly 6 years, and people had just lost interest by this point, not helped by the fact that promotion is basically non-existent. She just doesn't have the drive to be that big star anymore so the world stopped believing, I guess. At least all the diva attitude accusations stopped so she's hopefully changed for the better now but mud sticks and all that.

TimisaMonster

1) She was getting heavier and by industry standards was not marketable and people started focusing more on her weight than her music 

2) She had flop after flop after flop album and nothing was sticking so it just got worse and she was only holding consistent relevance through The Voice which she is no longer a part of 

3) New artists started coming in and that changed the sound of radio and streaming to a more indie/trap/hip hop vibe and Christina doesn't make any music like that so another nail there....

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived