💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG7 = Ballad album?

Klonoa

Featured Posts

LittleMonster20

I’d definitely be here for an album with songs like Speechless and Princess Die, but not a full ballad album.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Patriziaa Reggiani

Aren't we getting them ballads since 2014 Jazz album and TIHTY 2015 then there was this whole tribute Era she did to prove her effortless vocals and up till ASIB we got that, please Gaga does Dance Pop the best in the game, she need to have more albums like that, ballad album maybe LG10.

I will not watch House of Gucci

Suspiria
15 minutes ago, Reality said:

She actually hasn't had that many piano ballads outside of ASIB though. Like, for songs like You and I and TEOG, sure, she plays them acoustically a lot of the time, but those still aren't piano ballads.

Also, TF to ARTPOP was from 2008 to 2013...which is more than her "toned down ballad-heavy eras."

I'm sorry, but there's literally no reason for people to be like "We've had enough ballads." Most of her career is still shaped by dance pop.

As I said, we don't necessarily need more dance pop. But she definitely has a LOT of piano/acoustic ballads. There are endless genres to explore, not just 2010s EDM and basic piano/acoustic love ballads.

Personally I just loathe that type of song. I think if you want to listen to that, you can listen to the literally millions of songs in that style that have been made over the past century. We have the technology and inspiration to make literally any sound we want now, why are we still making songs that could've been and have been made millions of times since at least the 50s?

I guess it's just preference, but it just irks me to see major influential pop stars create such boring and overdone music. There will always be artists who like to do throwback genres, but I just personally think that major artists like Gaga should contribute towards capturing the current moment or to pushing music culture into the future. (Yes she is the artist, what she does is her choice, but this is just how I personally view it).

Reality
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

As I said, we don't necessarily need more dance pop. But she definitely has a LOT of piano/acoustic ballads.

If she wants to do something else, that's totally fine; I'd personally love a rock album. But again, I'd argue that she doesn't have that many piano/acoustic ballads. Whenever she performs, she turns a lot of her songs into piano/acoustic ballads, but the studio versions of those songs aren't. ASIB is definitely filled with piano ballads, and Joanne has some ballads, but even then, not as much as people think.

6 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Personally I just loathe that type of song. I think if you want to listen to that, you can listen to the literally millions of songs in that style that have been made over the past century. We have the technology and inspiration to make literally any sound we want now, why are we still making songs that could've been and have been made millions of times since at least the 50s?

If you dislike piano ballads, that's just a personal preference. I can't argue for or against that; however, the second part of your statement is a flimsy argument. If that's the case, then why do people still paint? Why do people still sculpt? Or make movies or TV shows using certain, "older," techniques? Or draw with a paper and pencil? You can still find ways to write good piano ballads. Adele does it all the time and she gets a lot of commercial and critical acclaim.

I guess it's just preference, but it just irks me to see major influential pop stars create such boring and overdone music. There will always be artists who like to do throwback genres, but I just personally think that major artists like Gaga should contribute towards capturing the current moment or to pushing music culture into the future. (Yes she is the artist, what she does is her choice, but this is just how I personally view it).

And she can still do that...No one is saying that she should just turn her career around. It's literally one album out of literally dozens that she'll create in her career. I mean, nothing about Chromatica was particularly groundbreaking or "pushing music culture into the future." 

🖤👹

Roboboy
54 minutes ago, Reality said:

5/6 of her solo album are dance pop albums. I'm honestly tired of this rhetoric :smh: 

....you're calling joanne a dance pop album? 

Seeing the surge in general approval after the one-two punch of ASIB & Chromatica, theyre very very likely to put out another album in the vein of Chromatica to really capitalise on that universal approval.

But I also think they'll give it a huge budget to make the most of it and probably double up on tour dates.

We are in the midsts of a BTW renaissance due to the anniversary and it'd being remembered favourably, adding to her approval.

Remember, it's a business. The label wants coins.

So no, I don't think it'll be full of ballads, especially with Justice for ARTPOP still being a thing, I fully expect the label to provide her with a collection of producers to put out something spectacular, we can explore planet chromatica for years to come.

What if Venus' (as yet undiscovered) moon is called Chromatica... the truth is out there. She will start covering bananarama "Venus" and catatonia "Mulder & Scully" :vegas:

Reality
3 minutes ago, LG6IsHere said:

Honey, where did I say that????

Awkward Kathryn Hahn GIF by Nerdist.com

🖤👹

Massive Monster
1 hour ago, A R T P O P said:

a reverse Koonsian experience.

There will in fact be no ballads but there will be two tracks of Gaga screaming in the official language of Chromatica over white noise programmed by Marina Abramović.

It will be performed from the perspective of The Countess and similarly to ARTPOP it will launch with an app, to be made exclusively for Blackberry devices.

:air:

Kind regards

dynamite
9 minutes ago, LG6IsHere said:

Joanne will be the remaining 1/6 that's not dance pop :neyde:

Suspiria
28 minutes ago, Reality said:

If you dislike piano ballads, that's just a personal preference. I can't argue for or against that; however, the second part of your statement is a flimsy argument. If that's the case, then why do people still paint? Why do people still sculpt? Or make movies or TV shows using certain, "older," techniques? Or draw with a paper and pencil? You can still find ways to write good piano ballads. Adele does it all the time and she gets a lot of commercial and critical acclaim.

Well as I said there will always be artists who use old mediums, and there will always be a market for it. But how many 21st century art megastars are there that are known for traditional portraits or still lifes? I can't think of any. Same goes for architecture, and every other creative field. The artists/creatives who will (and should IMO) define our era will be the Anish Kapoors, the Zaha Hadids and Frank Gehrys of the world. Regardless of whether or not you like their work, they are doing what hasn't been done and are creating the artistic identity of our current time.

Sketching with a pencil is a useful tool, but you can find skilled sketchers drawing portraits on any street corner or in any high school art classroom. Similarly, a piano or guitar is useful for sketching out songs, but as a final output its just not impressive or interesting.

Regarding Adele, well I personally can't understand her success lol, I think she brings absolutely nothing new to the table. But while she has had crazy immense success, there was a fair bit of backlash when she won her last AOTY Grammy over Lemonade - people in general felt that something more contemporary and relevant was more deserving of that acclaim. We don't want people to look back on the 2010s and remember stale old Adele.

28 minutes ago, Reality said:

And she can still do that...No one is saying that she should just turn her career around. It's literally one album out of literally dozens that she'll create in her career. I mean, nothing about Chromatica was particularly groundbreaking or "pushing music culture into the future." 

I guess I'm just pessimistic about the number of albums Gaga will create lol. Already a Gaga solo album is a once in every 4 year event, I feel like she will release less and less as time goes on, I don't want her to waste one of those rare events on something dull.

Chromatica wasn't pushing music into the future, but it did feel very contemporary, especially in its featured artists. Plus 90s house music was fairly short lived, so referencing it still feels pretty interesting and unusual.

I hope I don't sound like I'm coming for you btw, I'm just enjoying the discussion:flower:

Reality

Well as I said there will always be artists who use old mediums, and there will always be a market for it. But how many 21st century art megastars are there that are known for traditional portraits or still lifes? I can't think of any. Same goes for architecture, and every other creative field. The artists/creatives who will (and should IMO) define our era will be the Anish Kapoors, the Zaha Hadids and Frank Gehrys of the world. Regardless of whether or not you like their work, they are doing what hasn't been done and are creating the artistic identity of our current time.

Sketching with a pencil is a useful tool, but you can find skilled sketchers drawing portraits on any street corner or in any high school art classroom. Similarly, a piano or guitar is useful for sketching out songs, but as a final output its just not impressive or interesting.

Regarding Adele, well I personally can't understand her success lol, I think she brings absolutely nothing new to the table. But while she has had crazy immense success, there was a fair bit of backlash when she won her last AOTY Grammy over Lemonade - people in general felt that something more contemporary and relevant was more deserving of that acclaim. We don't want people to look back on the 2010s and remember stale old Adele.

I guess I just don't see it that seriously...Like, it's a genre of music, and it's a genre of music that people still love and appreciate. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant to the fact that there are people out there who do and the fact that this style of music is still very popular. I understand what you're saying, but at the end of the day, it's pop music, not rocket science. It's a completely subjective medium and it's not like piano ballads are a lost art form. There are still many artists (big and small) who create piano ballads.

I guess I'm just pessimistic about the number of albums Gaga will create lol. Already a Gaga solo album is a once in every 4 year event, I feel like she will release less and less as time goes on, I don't want her to waste one of those rare events on something dull.

Chromatica wasn't pushing music into the future, but it did feel very contemporary, especially in its featured artists. Plus 90s house music was fairly short lived, so referencing it still feels pretty interesting and unusual.

I hope I don't sound like I'm coming for you btw, I'm just enjoying the discussion:flower:

Piano ballads aren't dull though. At the end of the day, I suppose that's something you and I are going to disagree with. In fact, I think her ballads are her best work. ASIB is my favorite Gaga project that she's done to date, so I wouldn't see her releasing a ballad album as a "something dull." I mean, she released a jazz album for god's sake, and that if you want to talk about "Why do we need to go back? Let's move forward!", then that's the antithesis of what she did with C2C. It's also sort of the antithesis of who Gaga is as an artist. Yes, in many ways, she's an innovative artist, but she also takes a lot of inspiration from people back in the day. 

Chromatica felt "contemporary," sure, but that's also because "throwback" music (especially in regards to disco and house) was already making a comeback. Also, it's funny that you say that the featured artists are "contemporary" when you literally have Elton John there lol. Like, don't get me wrong, I loooooove Elton John, but I wouldn't call him a "contemporary artist."

BTW, I'm not offended by this conversation if you were worried about that lol. Likewise, I'm also just enjoying the discussion :flower:

🖤👹

Mother of Puppies

Do u guys remember the interview with NikkieTutorials? 
Gaga said that in this next decade there will be tons of different music. :vegas: So I hope she‘ll do a whole disco album 

Dance Party GIF by saregama

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

HausOfAntonio

Wouldn’t be my top pick personally but it its what Gaga wants I’m not stopping her :laughga:

TheFame Monster

People here like to hate on Joanne. It’s my favorite album. I wonder if people who don’t like it would be on board, if Gaga created a similar sound, but more edgy in the vain of Perfect Illusion, Electric Chapel, Marry the Night, Heavy Metal Lover, John Wayne. 

I’m still here for a ballad album though:vegas:

Archived