💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jessie J Supposedly Approached to Represent the UK or Eurovision 2022

Future Lovers

Featured Posts

Future Lovers

SEI_82885524.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo 

Jessie J is reportedly the favourite contender to represent the UK at Eurovision Song Contest 2022, with bosses keen to avoid another disastrous year. 

James Newman flew the flag for the UK at this year’s Eurovision with his song Embers, but finished with a disastrous nul points after failing to secure any votes. 

Eurovision bosses are said to have approached Jessie in hopes that she’ll sign up for next year. 

A source told The Sun On Sunday: ‘The production team are desperate to make a fresh start after this year’s flop and are trying to lure top talent with promises of lucrative record sales and international exposure.

‘They are determined to come back fighting and think Jessie would be perfect. She has a huge following in Europe. But Jessie is in demand, so pinning her down might be harder than they think.’ 

Jessie, 33, does have a busy schedule at the moment after returning to music last Friday with her hot new single I Want Love, and she’ll have an upcoming album to promote too. 

However, all’s not lost as Bill Bailey has volunteered to represent the country and has even started writing his song. 

According to RadioTimes.com, the Strictly Come Dancing winner said: ‘Yes, do you know what? I was writing [a Eurovision song] today. This very day … because I just thought, why not? Come on, we’ve not been doing well lately.’ 

He added: ‘It couldn’t have gone worse. We need to inject a bit of fun, I think.’ 

The 55-year-old comedian also recently revealed that he attempted to apply for Eurovision once but his entry was rejected. 

He said on Good Morning Britain: ‘A few years ago I sent in an entry to Eurovision and it was a spoof anthem, the BBC said it’s too silly. This taking it seriously, that’s not going well either, is it?’

Asked how he would approach Eurovision, he explained: ‘There’s always something on my mind, a rock song, I don’t know. We’re not taking it seriously enough.

‘We’ve got it the wrong way around. We should focus on the visuals of it, make it into a huge celebration of Britishness with some great hooks.’ 

Metro.co.uk has contacted Jessie J’s reps for comment.

source

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RahrahWitch

Wouldn't be worth it for her even if the UK wins which is not going to happen :ladyhaha:

E2B1XIYUUAEpAjT.jpg:large

KURUSHITOVSKA
8 minutes ago, Forbidden Love said:

She has a huge following in Europe

Yeah they love her in Kosovo

I guess

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Glamourpuss

I always thought they weren't allowed to submit well known artists with chart success. 

Future Lovers
3 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Yeah they love her in Kosovo

I guess

The poor intern who had to write this article and pretend that Jessie J holds any significance anywhere in the world...I hope they're doing okay

js4754394o9823

Jessie's career is so wierd

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

bionic
6 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I always thought they weren't allowed to submit well known artists with chart success. 

I don't think there are restrictions on who can be sent beyond age and group size

buy bionic

Teletubby
19 minutes ago, Forbidden Love said:

A source told The Sun On Sunday: ‘The production team are desperate to make a fresh start after this year’s flop and are trying to lure top talent with promises of lucrative record sales and international exposure.

if Jessie J will say 'no' they should ask Adele. She is also top talent with promises of lucrative record sales and international exposure :lolly:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

LateToCult

Isn’t doing Eurovision viewed as kind of embarrassing if you’ve had success?

CautiousLurker

It's gonna be painful to see Jessie J get 0 votes :bradley:

Spoiler

Just kidding, I dont watch Eurovision :huntyga:

I’m sorry but my heart won’t be able to take her getting 0 points, she’s too god damn talented for that!! She deserves better 

Get that fire exit door, I’m off...

zakariah

first china, now europe, can’t wait for her to be on america’s got talent!

Reminds me of when we sent Cascada for Germany and got pretty close to last place. I LOVE Jessie's music, but if it's not an absolute banger, I don't see her fame pulling through. 

Archived