đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jessie J Supposedly Approached to Represent the UK or Eurovision 2022

Future Lovers

Featured Posts

FREEPALESTINE

i mean she so annoying and tasteless that she´s perfect for it, probably a win!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dancerinthedark95
On 6/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, zakariah said:

first china, now europe, can’t wait for her to be on america’s got talent!

I gagged 

Dancerinthedark95

for example, in Poland I guarantee you 8 out of 10 people don't know who Jessie J is xd she's not big anymore if she's ever been

StrawberryBlond
14 hours ago, Dutch said:

You having a bad taste or not seeing that Europe can have a different taste from yours? It’s not StrawberryVision thank god.

Last time the UK won was in what? 1997? 10 years before the iPhone was created. Eurovision isn’t the same as back then. Eurovision will give you exposure to 200 million+ people.

If the Dutch A-stars can go to Eurovision, not even winning yet resulting in international careers, then why are the British so cocky? Because it won’t launch the career into a Gaga career of 10 years? Eurovision is the biggest jump start you can get, it’s up to the artist to stay relevant afterwards. That’s not on Eurovision but on each artist and their teams. If they manage to fail, that’s on themselves. Literally 90% of the countries are taking it dead serious now, you guys just made yourself look like clowns to the rest of Europe. And you guys think we are the clowns. Fine. We are not gonna agree, but I already learned that from you previous posts about the subject.

Just because it's not your taste doesn't mean it's bad taste. When it comes to bad winners, I'm referring to Puppet On A String by Sandie Shaw (1967, UK entry too!), I Wanna by Marie N (2002), Fairytale by Alexander Rybak (2009), Satellite by Lena (2010) and Toy by Netta (2018). And that's not even including other bad entries that made the top 10 in other years. My question is, why did such terrible songs, and songs that seemed to even take the p**s in my view, do so well if it's all about "taking things seriously" in order to win?

It isn't about how much exposure you have. Eurovision isn't famed for creating winners that have successful careers afterwards. I looked up every winner since the show began. Less than a handful went on to have success post-show.

We're not cocky, just realistic. We know it can be a career ended for us, that's literally the opposite of cocky. Not because it won't lead to a big career but that it might kill a career, big difference. Clearly, most people view every contest as a big one off but aren't interested in supporting the acts afterwards, it's just what history has taught us. It's not that I think the rest of Europe are clowns, it's just that some sense of maturity falls away with this contest and it just becomes a show of which nations you want to keep in with, which I think is downright laughable over a song contest of all things. Believe whatever you want but I simply don't like my country being spoken of so disparagingly.

Archived