💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jessie J Supposedly Approached to Represent the UK or Eurovision 2022

Future Lovers

Featured Posts

Dutch
29 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Isn’t doing Eurovision viewed as kind of embarrassing if you’ve had success?

Depends how you enter the competition. If you want to go there to revive you’re career with a bad song and 0 knowledge and passion for Eurovision, than yes, you’ll end last and you’ll will be the laugh of the day.

However if you really join to compete, then people will appreciate it. In the end people don’t vote for your name or for the career you had/didn’t have. It’s all about those 3 minutes on stage where everybody starts from 0. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juanlittlem

Jessie J is such a great singer. I think if she really is into Eurovision and writes a great ballad she could do great.

We all know she's got a great voice so she can for sure get some points with the juries.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❀ Teletubby.

Noah

We need the United Kingdolls instead! 

⟡ ⋆ ËšïœĄâ‹†đŸŠąâ‹† ËšïœĄâ‹†âŸĄ

ARTPOPe

UK: Here's Jessie J, can we have more than 0 points now? đŸ„ș

Everyone else:

Stream The Love Invention

RAMROD

YAAAASSS!!! :tony:   Sing, Kween of Ex-Bisexuals!! SINGGG!! :applause:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
15 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Jessie J is such a great singer. I think if she really is into Eurovision and writes a great ballad she could do great.

We all know she's got a great voice so she can for sure get some points with the juries.

we don't need ballads. We need her to make a bop like Party In The USA again!

Starmie25

I'm convinced someone from The Sun noticed a twitter comment about how her new track "has Eurovision vibes" and then chose to make a headline out of it lol. 

Though a deep cut "Glory" aka political, gospel-esque anthem would absolutely go off at a Eurovision setting. 

Monster Voices

I think it's genuinely humiliating for people with actual international careers to participate. I always saw ESC as a competition for new artists. It would be like going to the X factor or sth. 

Forever and Always!

BleepBloop

There was also some talk about Charli XCX and A.G. Cook last month :air:

RAMROD
10 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

There was also some talk about Charli XCX and A.G. Cook last month :air:

XCX may be decent, the way tATu were then. A bit edgy, a bit fun

Dutch
32 minutes ago, Monster Voices said:

I think it's genuinely humiliating for people with actual international careers to participate. I always saw ESC as a competition for new artists. It would be like going to the X factor or sth. 

It’s literally the biggest music show on earth? How is that humiliating? It’s a song contest, not a singing contest. Both Duncan Laurence and MĂ€neskin scored a hit all over Europe and even beyond. It actually should be a honour to participate at the biggest stage of the world.

This attitude is exactly why the UK is doing so poor in the contest; not taking it serious enough while the rest of Europe is sending more and beter quality songs, artists and performances with the years. UK just likes to stay bitter and looking for excuses everywhere besides looking at themselves and change their plans to improve. 

StrawberryBlond

She'd stand a better chance than sending a complete nobody but unless international views of the UK dramatically change, I can't ultimately see us landing on the left side of the board regardless of who we send. Bill Bailey would be such a trip, though! I really don't see how they can be given promises of lucrative careers after this, though. Not a single UK entry, even the winners, have gone on to have lucrative careers. If they were successful before, they went downhill post-win if anything.

9 hours ago, Dutch said:

It’s literally the biggest music show on earth? How is that humiliating? It’s a song contest, not a singing contest. Both Duncan Laurence and MĂ€neskin scored a hit all over Europe and even beyond. It actually should be a honour to participate at the biggest stage of the world.

This attitude is exactly why the UK is doing so poor in the contest; not taking it serious enough while the rest of Europe is sending more and beter quality songs, artists and performances with the years. UK just likes to stay bitter and looking for excuses everywhere besides looking at themselves and change their plans to improve. 

It's humiliating because a big name success shouldn't need the show, it's seen as a way for new talent to emerge and for them to get a chance. If you already have millions of fans all over the world, you shouldn't need Eurovision. It's a springboard for a career at most, but not as a way to extend an existing legacy.

The songs being sent are mostly good for Eurovision standards, but not by general chart standards. The reason we don't seem to take it seriously is because all our entries go downhill after they succeed, even if they win. If you look up the history of previous British success stories, you'll find that their Eurovision entry was their last or one of their last successes before their career just tapered off. I even found out that Love Shine A Light was the last song that Katrina and the Waves ever put out. Even winning the contest wasn't enough for them to continue with their careers. We just seem to be cursed in that sense. We see entering the contest as more of a career ruiner than a career beginner. And when you think back on it, how many Eurovision winners went on to have huge success afterwards? ABBA were the one big exception but who else? At most, they get a boost in their home country and neighbouring nations but no one else cares. If it really did bring about huge careers afterwards, maybe we'd take it more seriously. As such, we just see it as a night of camp fun and there's nothing wrong with that.

MaybeKermit

Wait did the rules change? Can a countey just randomly "approach" an artist and ask them to represent them?

I remember when i was a kid here in Belgium we'd have televized pre-selections etc and live shows to choose the act that would go to the eurovision

Phlop

So this means Gaga can compete too?

Like why is she competing in these shows when she’s had a career (whether or not she’s super popular or not)?

BYE

HuffsAhoy

She's too good for Eurovision tbh :ohwell:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Archived