💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Todrick Hall: Slavery worked

Rebel

Featured Posts

Economy
1 hour ago, Serial Chiller said:

You don't even have to account for his history or context to see how fcked up this is. It's like saying "Shitty things happened for a reason, and we wouldnt be strong and tough if not for the shitty thing"

No, shitty things happened because people were being shitty. 

Me when ppl praise wars humanity has had because of the positive changes it brought to society... like who said killing millions and sending millions more to suffering and poverty in most circumstances was the only way to bring change?

Humans in general know how to be sh*tty. Just cuz things sometimes get better afterwards doesnt mean the sh*tty period needed to happen in the first place if only our species were more mature :bear:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy

He's a vile man anyway, so it's not shocking he's post something dumb like this. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

RAMROD

Did I really just read this? :madge:

I reprimanded him sternly, what y'all think?

:bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Serial Chiller
2 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Lol- I know y’all have more of A mental capacity then reading past “slavery worked”- he is making a point- worded controversially. He isn’t saying he is pro slavery lol. 

Well now that I read the tweet again it does seem that way but you can't deny he has the WORST way of phrasing himself. 

CubbyGaga
9 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

I think I get the point he’s making about institutional racism... I guess it just comes across as insensitive? :selena:

It’s honestly just poorly worded.  There’s really nothing to freak out about.  His point was sarcastic in tone.  

littlepotter

What he meant is obvious but did he really think he could get away with casually bringing up slavery when twitter people are waiting for the slightest slip up to have a field day

chaeri pls

littlepotter
14 minutes ago, SuperSunset said:

Out of subject but isn't this person  that made pop star high series?

Yes

chaeri pls

The Child
11 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

I think I get the point he’s making about institutional racism... I guess it just comes across as insensitive? :selena:

It’s the wording :awkney:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

FentyGa

that was not the right way to put it:saladga:

what he’s tryna say is that the precedents set by slavery are still present and (unfortunately) thriving in the form of institutional racism. but clearly he’s not a wordsmith because....it sounds so bad:cryga:

Archived