🐍 Official visual for Dorian Electra's remix of "Replay" 🐍

opinion

Todrick Hall: Slavery worked

Featured Posts

Pennywise
2 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

that was not the right way to put it:saladga:

what he’s tryna say is that the precedents set by slavery are still present and (unfortunately) thriving in the form of institutional racism. but clearly he’s not a wordsmith because....it sounds so bad:cryga:

Honestly :air::air:

It's like, out of all the ways he could have phrased that, he picked the worst one possible :bradley:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rebel

• Serial Chiller

• GagaSuperfan1

• littlepotter

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

😭

this. i read it as “they tried to pit us against each other with slavery, and it worked, right now we’re divided.”  the delivery was poor but i *think* i understand what he was going for 

Lona Delery

what is thiiiis honey:bear:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
CannaeDrive

He could have just shut the **** up tho. So useless :neyde:

Algorithm, the beat.
Reality

I don't really know much about him, but I think I understand what he's trying to say. 

If I understand correctly, he's not saying that he's for slavery. He's saying that there's infighting the community that has been perpetuated by the systemic and corrupt instutition of slavery, and he's not necessarily wrong. That said, he 100% could've worded it better.

I think it's valid for people to criticize his wording, but I kinda think some of y'all are blowing this out of proportion. People just see the phrase "slavery worked" without looking to understand the context of what he's saying. 

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ᱬ || ℙ𝕣𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝔼𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕝 ✧ || 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖈𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖚𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖒𝖊 ۞
  • Thanks 1
Sine From Above

Yikes, this just is awful...I felt bad for them at first as I felt like Gays were way too bitchy towards them but now I kind of see why.

STREAM BORN THIS WAY
Funkymonkey
7 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

what is thiiiis honey:bear:

Am i correct for reading this in Nene's voice :wtfga:

• YAAAS 1
Lona Delery
2 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

Am i correct for reading this in Nene's voice :wtfga:

yes :green: 

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
  • LMAO 1
JusKeepBreathin

I wish people would spend a little more time paying attention to their teachers in reading comprehension class and less time being appalled by tweets that don't mean what their educational failures make them believe it means. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Thanks 1
holy scheisse
11 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I wish people would spend a little more time paying attention to their teachers in reading comprehension class and less time being appalled by tweets that don't mean what their educational failures make them believe it means. 

:ladyhaha: honestly tbh...