other

'American Idol's' David Archuleta comes out as being part of the LGBTQ+

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProfessionalClown

I knew there was a reason why I was so mad he lost to the other David. Mr Archuleta already had my heart for years :hor:

Ziggy
3 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

What is it exactly that makes you "tell"? Surely those are social markers rooted in some sort of misogynistic, and by extension homophobic, ideas. Either that or you're suggesting some sort of "6th sense" that gay people have which is just not scientifically accurate. I'm so over the "gaydar" thing. It's so judgmental.

Eh I don’t think it’s that complicated. You can meet someone and see some sort of camaraderie or kinship in how they hold themselves. It can be the problematic stuff you’re talking about but I don’t think it is absolutely that always.

ever met someone and feel a bond with them only to learn you have a lot in common? It’s like that. Sometimes it’s just an innate thing you find drawing y’all together. I think a lot of closeted people see that in one another.

Queen Gloria

Lmao @ that young, angry f*g acting like gaydar isn't a thing. Calm down, sister. Happy pride month, chill. 

GagaSuperfan1

I could of made it hard to be more open about his sexuality because of the faith community he’s come from, also the collaborations & endorsements he’s received from the LDS Church. I think it’s hard for some christian people to see or accept other LGBTQIA Christians. I’m a believer myself, but I don’t see the Christianity of condemnation or carry the same culture some Christians do, I see Jesus as more of a rebel who broke the rules of the time to help people that were the misfits & rejects of society, that taught principles other people of faith couldn’t quite grasp & still can’t grasp lol. He was hated & disposed by people of faith at the time. I think he was much more of a bad ass like Lady Gaga, Ghandi or other leaders throughout history that didn’t conform & stood for something greater, MLK, Harvey Milk. The culture I’m really excited about is when I see people in general are starting to live much more spiritual centered based then religious centered based lives. I think this is so good, but also where you find yourself & your higher power more deeply, rather then through communities where there can be confusion or faith can become weaponized. I’m sure we’ve all experienced that, & my heart goes out to all of us who may of grown up in religious homes, we’ve gone through hard things, & I am so happy we have come out the other side, have our own communities & have been able to come to our own terms. My love goes out to Archie as this world of faith & their communities can be a hard one to navigate as LGBTQIA. Always stand for your truth & be a kindness punk like our examples throughout history. Love to everyone here & always here to talk if people need to. Have loved visiting & seeing these forums.

Squidward T

So he was gay, then bisexual, then asexual? I hope his super religious family isn't pressuring him to disown his identity. 

Justin Drew Bieber

Good for him :applause: (I misread and thought he came out as gay)

RAMROD

So happy for him, hope he feels liberated now. :woot:

Other than that, Gaga really is Queen of The LGBTQ+, huh? (J/K) :poot:

Z100 Jingle Ball 2008

singers-lady-gaga-and-david-archuleta-at

KISS 108 FM Jingle Ball 2008

david-archuleta-and-lady-gaga-backstage-

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TimisaMonster

I've known since the days of American Idol...it was even more awkward when he was took time off his music to be a Mormon missionary...we know they don't do the whole gay thing so that must have been rough... :awkney:

Glad he came to terms with it years later and now can be himself 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

lilboyblue

Man, I guess it was too much of an ask for a thread in GGD about coming out to at least have empathy the person's story, and not be a celebration of being right about their judgments of him.

Archie struggled with his sexuality because of his faith and the community he grew up in. I can relate with that and I think a lot in the LGBTQIA+ community feel as if they need to choose between the two, so I'm glad he's speaking about his experience.

nathantj594

Gurlllllll. We been done knew she done already done had herses. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Archived