💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'American Idol's' David Archuleta comes out as being part of the LGBTQ+

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TMM90
Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

So.... a 6th sense? :oprah: That gay people are born with? Sounds completely plausible and not based on appearances at all.

Based on my own experience I can feel/tell if someone is Gay or not. It has nothing to do with anything you just said. It has to do with recognition and that should be aknowledged as well. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CyanDante
2 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

So.... a 6th sense? :oprah: That gay people are born with? Sounds completely plausible and not based on appearances at all.

I don't think all people are born with it. Some ones are unfortunate like me. :poot:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

HausOfAntonio
Just now, TMM90 said:

Based on my own experience I can feel/tell if someone is Gay or not. It has nothing to do with anything you just said. It has to do with recognition and that should be aknowledged as well. 

It just doesn't sound right to me that someone will look at someone and deduce their sexuality, sorry. Sexuality is extremely intimate and doesn't have any ties to how we choose to present ourselves. All of it's physical manifestations are purely based on social constructs.

HausOfAntonio
1 minute ago, CyanDante said:

I don't think all people are born with it. Some ones are unfortunate like me. :poot:

You're just a good non-judgmental person sis :ladyhaha:

Chic
11 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

What is it exactly that makes you "tell"? Surely those are social markers rooted in some sort of misogynistic, and by extension homophobic, ideas. Either that or you're suggesting some sort of "6th sense" that gay people have which is just not scientifically accurate. I'm so over the "gaydar" thing. It's so judgmental.

Do you realize that science has been able to find a “gay smile” that predicts whether someone is gay quite accurately? Open your mind sis

HausOfAntonio
1 minute ago, Chic said:

Do you realize that science has been able to find a “gay smile” that predicts whether someone is gay quite accurately? Open your mind sis

Missed the point sis. Also with those studies its a classic case of correlation not equalling causation. Nothing is being proved and there are many ways to discredit or disprove these types of studies even though they indicate a connection between variables.

The issue is that most of the time people project their ideas of what being gay "looks like" onto other people. In David's case it pretty obvious people consider his demeanor and occupation to speculate about his sexuality.

CyanDante
4 minutes ago, Chic said:

A facial recognition experiment that claims to be able to distinguish between gay and heterosexual people has sparked a row between its creators and two leading LGBT rights groups.

The Stanford University study claims its software recognises facial features relating to sexual orientation that are not perceived by human observers.

The work has been accused of being "dangerous" and "junk science".

Plus it's not science, just a deep learning ai algorithm. 

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

RichAssPiss

Poor thing. We all knew from the American Idol days, but he always had that creepy religious family and overbearing dad around. I come from a religious family as well. And I sympathized with his situation. I've always hoped he would find himself and find peace. I wish him well. 

A MESS

not me thinking about adam archuleta

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

JusKeepBreathin
8 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

What is it exactly that makes you "tell"? Surely those are social markers rooted in some sort of misogynistic, and by extension homophobic, ideas. Either that or you're suggesting some sort of "6th sense" that gay people have which is just not scientifically accurate. I'm so over the "gaydar" thing. It's so judgmental.

Oh Lord. The condescension is epic in this post and the reach is even more epic. 

Don't quote me again with your opinions stated as facts.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

ThisGuyTony

Kinda sad he was hiding it all these years. I remember when he was being called homophobic a few years ago… It seems he is in a better place with himself. :heart:

Noah

SO happy more and more people are being open with their feelings. I wish more celebrities would be open like that and be an example of openmindfulness. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Archived