💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga References

Mother of Puppies

Featured Posts

Mother of Puppies

Ok, so since I'm still a relatively fresh born little monster in the "non-musical-sense" I still haven't figured out all of these references below. :oops:

So I would need some help to understand some of them.

The ones I don't get are those: (the rest I know)

- Reverse Warholian Expedition (Did she twitter that?)

- Your God is not here Michael

- She's blind (What's that about? I just know the meditating one lol)

- Buy 1, buy 10 (I've heard that somewhere but can't remember what it was about)

- Skype Ball

- Gagaville

- Shallowbucks (was that the fake Starbucks ad?)

- Out of control

- Angela Cheng

4-DDFB82-B-61-C6-4239-9810-7-CACBD2121-D

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Lucas
2 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

Ok, so since I'm still a relatively fresh born little monster in the "non-musical-sense" I still haven't figured out all of these references below. :oops:

So I would need some help to understand some of them.

The ones I don't get are those: (the rest I know)

- Buy 1, buy 10 (I've heard that somewhere but can't remember what it was about)

- Skype Ball

- Gagaville

- Out of control

- Angela Cheng

Reverse Warholian Experience is something she said during the ARTPOP era. Wharol used art to bring pop culture at the front and with ARTPOP she wanted to use pop culture to bring art at the front.

I think the blind one is from the ARTPOP era when she was in a chat on littlemonsters.com and was writing the lyrics to Donatella in chat and wrote "I'm blind" instead of "I'm blonde"

Buy 1, Buy 10 is from the Cheek To Cheek era when a TV host girl was telling people to buy the album in crazy quantities and it was quite funny

Skype ball I think is from the end of the BTW era when Gaga did a Skype interview and we expected to get infos about ARTPOP etc and it was the worst interview ever actually

Gagaville is from the beginning of the BTW era when Gaga collabed with Farmville (the game) to debut songs from BTW

Don't know the others

20 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

Your God is not here Michael

Here is an old thread on this one:

chromatic puzea

your god is not here was some funny devil theory her "old hairstylist" released about gaga it's acc pretty wild

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/62798487.html

out of control is just an unreleased song

and angela was some interviewer who seemed set out to kill gaga
it was rumored that it was perez hilton behind the acc :toofunny:

I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT 

Helxig

During ARTPOP she would say that ARTPOP is the reverse of what Andy Warhol did with popart. Andy warhol took mundane images of pop culture and everyday life and made them into fine art, Gaga desccribed ARTPOP as taking art and making it into pop culture. A 'reverse warholian expedition'

This one is hilarious :laughga:  just someone trolling online years ago that became a meme in the fanbase

Gaga used to have a website called Littlemonsters.com where she would chat sometimes with fans, and one time she said "Lets sing Donatella... I'm blind" instead of "blond" :laughga: hilarious typo

DWl182XUMAAQ41Z.jpg

See above :laughga:   I couldn't find it, but thankfully @ivy found it as I'm typing this up

- Skype Ball

Long story short, this was a livestream in partnership with Skype that was WAY overhyped where Gaga was supposed to be interviewed by fans. It ended up being really awkward, Gaga didn't seem in the best mood, and was cut short really fast. A lot of people wre upset about that for along time... Still a sore subject to some

- Gagaville

Farmville was completely taken over by Gaga in promotion of BTW back when Farmville was huuuuge on Facebook!

gagaville.jpg?w=980&q=75

Some fan made an ireally convincing fake promo for Starbucks to get people streaming Shallow and it worked :laughga: 

53b.png

- Out of control

As far as I know that's just an unreleased song? Maybe I've forgotten something

- Angela Cheng

Angela Cheng was this media person who used to write disgusting hateful articles about Gaga all the time, and eventually it was uncovered that she was a completely made up person! There was reason to believe it might've even been Perez Hilton getting back at Gaga for ending their friendship

https://www.bustle.com/articles/19897-who-is-angela-cheng-the-mysterious-pop-culture-blogger-is-infuriating-hollywood

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

River

angela cheng was something for the historic books

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Massive Monster
1 hour ago, Ivy said:

Here is an old thread on this one:

I've been a fan since ever and just discovered this

I'm crying and have just done my abs for the week :air:

Kind regards

The fact that I know all of them is so embarrassing... I've been here too long

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Mother of Puppies
1 hour ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

I'd add the soccer mom twitter accounts for Joanne promo back in 2016...that was a hoot! :ladyhaha:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/sep/07/lady-gaga-perfect-illusion-new-single-fake-twitter-fans

omg this is hilarious ! :ladyhaha: I wish I could've contributed to that :billie: When her next single comes out we gotta do that again! :haroon:

Mother of Puppies
2 minutes ago, flyaway said:

SkypeBall

Yeah I'm watching it right now. :ladyhaha:

Archived