💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
audio

Chromatica (Dolby ATMOS / Spatial Audio) Proper 5.1 Apple Lossless

Maxxie

Featured Posts

https://mega.nz/folder/M1gQyDSR#oOqY3AbhMUqA8FbeSItHbw

Someone already posted a stereo downmix before, so here are the original mixes in 5.1.

IMPORTANT: You do NOT need an Atmos certified player to have the full effect on a surround setting (since this is a rip of the resulting output of a Dolby certified player, not full fledged TrueHD/E-AC3 + positioning metadata source files), but you will need it if you want to reconstruct the positioning on stereo headphones.

• Don't forget to use an Atmos enabled player and activate it on Dolby Access (if you're on Windows 10) if you're using headphones and not a surround receiver. Else, you will get a stereo downmix without reconstructing the spatial audio on the headphones output.

Some players will not be able to decode it properly (AIMP4 for example will have a constant flickering sound and play only one channel). It's not a problem with the files, I tested them one by one.

• MPC-HC / MPC-BE will play it properly, so will macOS Music app. I believe VLC would be fine as well.

• If you're using MPC-HC/MPC-BE with headphones and Dolby Access to enable Atmos Headphones, DISABLE "normalizing" and "downmix to stereo" in Audio output configs. Else, you'll get a weird volume balancing and/or a downmixed stereo. If you're using a receiver, you do not need Dolby Access, just set the output to PCM and you'll be fine.

• Yes, the files are gigantic, since they are 6 channels and lossless. They are compressed in Apple Lossless, since there's no loss in quality compared to the WAV sources, but they are less than half the original size. You can easily convert to FLAC without losing anything as well, if you need to.

• Tags and cover art was taken from iTunes-bought version of Chromatica.

Edited by Maxxie
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 6

Damon

so listening on my android device with my bluetooth headphones won't work? lol don't have dolby on my redmi

... and now i just sit in silence.

Just now, Damon said:

so listening on my android device with my bluetooth headphones won't work? lol don't have dolby on my redmi

The music player will probably just downmix it to Stereo and, depending on the quality of the downmix, you'll hear oscillations in volume and wonky surround. Since this is not full fledged Dolby Atmos, (TrueHD / E-AC3 + positioning data), you technically do not need an Atmos certified to get the full effects in the downmix, though - but it will not play as intended on headphones without reconstructing the positioning data with Dolby software.

Chromatica Island

I have a Chromebook lol, so the youtube uploads are not the intended sound?

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Julien Lockhart

Unfortunately they're "not really in dolby atmos"

My smartphone can play Dolby Atmos songs and they're not .. I found Paparazzi and some others songs earlier this week but I can't find Chromatica

You can see here Alice (not in dolby)dzru.jpg

And Paparazzi Dolby Atmos

ckab.jpg

Paparazzi came from this link : https://mega.nz/folder/8tRHAQLK#PBY665IN5Xfkz3aSzo3f3A/folder/khRhBCoA

Edited by Julien Mayer
He ate my heart

12 hours ago, Julien Mayer said:

Unfortunately they're "not really in dolby atmos"

My smartphone can play Dolby Atmos songs and they

Paparazzi came from this link : https://mega.nz/folder/8tRHAQLK#PBY665IN5Xfkz3aSzo3f3A/folder/khRhBCoA

Yes, as I said in the post, those are OUTPUTS, captured from the analog signal that goes to a surround receiver in PCM, from an input that was in Dolby Atmos. These are the results of an Atmos decoder, not the source files. I don't think there's a method for downloading source files from Apple Music, since they have pretty strong DRM, so these are the best we can get for now.

Edited by Maxxie
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Monsterabriel said:

I have a Chromebook lol, so the youtube uploads are not the intended sound?

YouTube is, at best, Opus at 192kbps. If they were Atmos downmixed before sending to youtube and you are using Dolby Atmos Headphones to reconstruct the effect on a stereo equipment, then yes, it works. 

16 hours ago, eksistents said:

These files won't play in macOS Music app though... Any guesses why?

No idea! Maybe try converting them to FLAC and see if you get better results? Maybe Music wasn't updated for surround sound yet, or QuickTime will play them?

Julien Lockhart
39 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

Yes, as I said in the post, those are OUTPUTS, captured from the analog signal that goes to a surround receiver in PCM, from an input that was in Dolby Atmos. These are the results of an Atmos decoder, not the source files. I don't think there's a method for downloading source files from Apple Music, since they have pretty strong DRM, so these are the best we can get for now.

So I'm wondering, someone post a mega link with many songs from many artist, they are in m4a but it says they are in Dolby Atmos with my smartphone and yes they are, the quality is incredible 

There is the link : https://mega.nz/folder/8tRHAQLK#PBY665IN5Xfkz3aSzo3f3A

Edited by Julien Mayer
He ate my heart

Chromatica Island
1 hour ago, Maxxie said:

YouTube is, at best, Opus at 192kbps. If they were Atmos downmixed before sending to youtube and you are using Dolby Atmos Headphones to reconstruct the effect on a stereo equipment, then yes, it works. 

I dont have the headphones, I have skull candy earbuds

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

3 hours ago, Julien Mayer said:

So I'm wondering, someone post a mega link with many songs from many artist, they are in m4a but it says they are in Dolby Atmos with my smartphone and yes they are, the quality is incredible 

There is the link : https://mega.nz/folder/8tRHAQLK#PBY665IN5Xfkz3aSzo3f3A

I have many of those files, they are, indeed, real Atmos. If you open up the M4A container you'll see the audio is in E-AC3 with Atmos metadata. They are not from Apple Music, though. No idea where those came from. But it's a completely different deal, what we got in WAV for Chromatica was the decoded output of files like those you got from the link.

For real Atmos, we would need the files themselves and an Atmos capable player to decode them correctly (into something like those WAVs we got).

Here, I opened up metadata from one of the files so you can see what I mean:

https://imgur.com/bqaO9vr

Edited by Maxxie
  • Love 1