Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

In The Heights - currently at 97% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

In The Heights - currently at 97% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/in_the_heights_2021

Lin-Manuel Miranda's Tony-winning musical is a surefire Oscar contender that lights up the screen with the immigrant experience of the American Dream. The estupendo cast gives the summer's best party a heart that sings and a spirit that soars.

June 11, 2021 | Full Review…

Peter Travers

ABC News

TOP CRITIC 

How much pleasure can you take? How much joy can you stand without flinching? One way to find out is by watching In the Heights.

June 10, 2021 | Full Review…

Joe Morgenstern

Wall Street Journal

TOP CRITIC 

In the Heights is a joyously rhapsodic spectacle that deserves to be viewed on the biggest screen available.

June 11, 2021 | Rating: 3/4 | Full Review…

Sara Michelle Fetters

MovieFreak.com

TOP CRITIC 

In the Heights is unashamedly romantic, fearlessly thrilling, endlessly optimistic and given life and voice through sheer love of people, of place - of community.

June 10, 2021

Richard Whittaker
Austin Chronicle

TOP CRITIC

Maybe I didn't exactly dance down the aisle on my way out of the theater, but rest assured that I did so in my heart.

Full Review | Original Score: 4/4

Moira MacDonald
Seattle Times

TOP CRITIC

June 9, 2021

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

SEANGT

i've been seeing the trailer for this movie for 2 years and I'm still not interested lol I can't believe how long movie studios delayed movies just to make box office money. 

JusKeepBreathin
3 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

i've been seeing the trailer for this movie for 2 years and I'm still not interested lol I can't believe how long movie studios delayed movies just to make box office money. 

You're probably missing out on the best movie of 2021. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

StarstruckIllusion

Anthony Ramos played Ally’s besite in ASIB (he should have had more screentime tbh), and he respects Gaga a lot. Seeing him star in a major movie with praise and media hype like this after only 3 years later is so cool. Maybe I missed a few chapters but it feels like it really helped him

kaojen

As a huge fan of this show on stage... the film is so amazing! So proud of this amazing cast and crew! 

Franch Toast

Ooh, I should watch this tonight on HBO Max. 

Anthony was so good in Hamilton

She/Her/Hers

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Ooh, I should watch this tonight on HBO Max. 

Anthony was so good in Hamilton

Such a kind hearted, talented soul. Not to mention a full three course meal. Hubba hubba 😍

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Gaga's Oscar cancelled!

They didn't mention the actress just Anthony. 

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

thehanyo

I couldn't get into it. Was a little too long and boring for me. Maybe I'll try another time.

• 6 months later...
badfaith

I know I'm super late to the party but this movie is amazing! The music, the colors, the story ugh :flutter:

Schwerk

Love musicals but this one wasn't really my thing. Very predictable, and the story didn't go deep enough into the harsh reality to me, too many fairytale vibes. Also all the female songs are so cliché and not powerful at all, except for the grandmother, she sang such a beautiful song. I can imagine I would've liked it a lot more as a stage production. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived