šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga work with Jack Antonoff?

Opulence

Featured Posts

nightadieu

Iā€™ve just recently seen a video comparing songs he has produced for other artists and how they all literally sound exactly the same. I never noticed when Iā€™ve listened to them individually but back to back theyā€™re practically the same songs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer

I love most of Jack's works but I don't think his production will work with Gaga's sound. Jack's sound tend to be more analog, unlike Gaga's loud dance-pop songs.

Plus, I feel like Jack's works has been same-y for quite some time now. Still good but almost the sameĀ chord progressions and instrumentations.

I also like that Gaga triesĀ to giveĀ opportunities to other producers.

Ā 

Sneaky Oliver

I think so. He's a great meticulous producer. It just happens that TS, Lana, Lorde and others have been chasing a similar sound with him and maybe Gaga would go for a different route. That beind said, I hope Gaga won't drop Bloodpop for her next project. I want a Bloodpop x DJWS-producedĀ record one day.

Iā€™m on my Legacy Act era

MadreMonster

Like maybe one song but I donā€™t think it would match her style for an entire album.

MadreMonster
6 minutes ago, Sorceress said:

I love most of Jack's works but I don't think his production will work with Gaga's sound. Jack's sound tend to be more analog, unlike Gaga's loud dance-pop songs.

Plus, I feel like Jack's works has been same-y for quite some time now. Still good but almost the sameĀ chord progressions and instrumentations.

I also like that Gaga triesĀ to giveĀ opportunities to other producers.

Ā 

Yeah, I agree. I could tell the variety when he was more up and coming but I can instantly guess he produced songs when I hear them and itā€™s getting a bitĀ predictable.

LaLa

I like him as a producer, and I love Bleachers, but I just don't see him meshing well with Gaga at all.Ā 

But hey, maybe it would push them both out of their comfort zones and into a completely new direction and be great. They could try one song

djBuffoon

I would be interested to hear that, but for some reason, it doesn't sound like it would fit.

LilyLark
37 minutes ago, Opulence said:

I had no idea he dissed Gaga, do you have a link to when this happened?

He said there was a difference between Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Lily Allen, etc. in that the latter musicians' music seemed relatively "throwaway." He's a talented producer, but it was a petty, weird comment pitting Taylor against all the other pop girls. Granted, I think that quote is quite old but still...ick.

LilyLark

Jack is undeniably talented, but on a personal level he comes off a bit weird. He's given several comments that reek of mild misogyny over the years (including the infamous one where he pitted Taylor against all the other pop girls). Also, his working relationship with a (then) barely legal Lorde was...strange. The misogynistic media, if I recall, tried to make it like "is Lorde the other woman" when he broke up with Lena instead of "why is this grown ass man all over this much, much younger girl".

I also think his production on COCC was some of his worst and while Solar Power is excellent...the sound is somewhat reminiscent of his other production. Basically, if Gaga worked with him 3 years ago I think it would be one thing but now I feel like he's kind of ...spread out too much.

Another poster brought up Joel Little, and I agree that he would be a more interesting choice than Jack. I also think Burns did some excellent, interesting production for Gaga.

C1trus
51 minutes ago, Opulence said:

I had no idea he dissed Gaga, do you have a link to when this happened?

Here's the link.Ā 

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/funs-jack-antonoff-slams-lady-gaga-katy-perry/story?id=24599534

Based from the way he talks, I don't think he andĀ Gaga could get along.

I prefer Gaga exploring more talented underground producers out there.

Ī¹'Š¼ ĻĻ…ā„“ā„“Ī¹Ī·g ŅÆĻƒĻ…я sтяĪ¹Ī·gs

blackpink

meh...i like his music with Taylor and the alt girls he regularly works with but they kinda all sound the same at this point. plus iā€™d rather Gaga work outside of the typical big producer names at this point of her career and give upcoming producers a chance to work with herĀ 

Archived