1. 1. Queen of the gays

• Cher
    • Kylie Minogue
    • Madonna
    • Barbra Streisand
    • Judy Garland
    • Janet Jackson
    • Dua Lipa
    • Other (Camila, Olivia, Taylor, Shawn etc...)

Featured Posts

weed
Just now, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

Literally Sophie ,produced madonnas first charting song in 30 years 

I know ur exaggerating but 4 Minutes by Madonna was #3 in 2008 lol and Give Me All Ur Luv hit #10

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AURAOFSHEISSE

Ok but Dua hasn’t done anything except release bops

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Reginald

I would literally move to Australia just to be where Kylie is the undisputed queen :ladyhaha: 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

FrederickSpears

Imagine adding Dua Lipa and Janet Jackson over Britney Spears :ladyhaha:

Esteban
10 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

Um what about Alizee, Angele and Yelle 

Princesses maybe, also no Alizee without Mylene. Yelle still too underground to be sacred queen. And in my opinion Angèle isn't really a gay icon, a lot of straight boys like her, a young feminist icon at best. But I love these women too ! 

Mylene sings gay anthems since 80's when it was bold to do it "Maman a tort", "Sans Contrefaçon", "Que mon cœur lâche".. And sexual emancipation songs "Libertine", "Pourvu qu'elles soient douces". I could go further with all her discography

HuffsAhoy

Madonna will always be number one. Without her tireless advocacy in the 80's and 90's gay rights wouldn't be where they are today. It makes me sad when I see young gays act edgy by dismissing her immense impact. I'd say Gaga is next after Madonna, her history speaks for itself. Cher has always been an ally but I don't think she's been on the level of M and Gaga (someone correct me if I'm wrong, though)! 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

flyaway
25 minutes ago, FreeBritney said:

Imagine adding Dua Lipa and Janet Jackson over Britney Spears :ladyhaha:

Well, Janet has been more open about her advocacy than Britney. Britney only releases bops but she hasn't been vocal about anything.

And Dua, well, she's also been an ally since the 80s, when she released Future Nostalgia.

Kadikaado
2 hours ago, Mythos said:

Not even putting rupaul as a choice...

episode 14 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

We're talking about queendom, not frackingdom. lol

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

flyaway
1 hour ago, A MESS said:

what about someone not gaslighting gatekeeping girlbossing :huntyga:

5feb009e26000012067a3444.jpeg?ops=scalef

Yxilon
30 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Princesses maybe, also no Alizee without Mylene. Yelle still too underground to be sacred queen. And in my opinion Angèle isn't really a gay icon, a lot of straight boys like her, a young feminist icon at best. But I love these women too ! 

Mylene sings gay anthems since 80's when it was bold to do it "Maman a tort", "Sans Contrefaçon", "Que mon cœur lâche".. And sexual emancipation songs "Libertine", "Pourvu qu'elles soient douces". I could go further with all her discography

I guess maybe I'm too young then, in Italy those princesses seem to be more popular than Mylene. 

Aya Nakamura too, even though I don't like her. 

Another one I forgot is Jain, she's very popular here and I love her worldbeat sound

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

Esteban
4 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

I guess maybe I'm too young then, in Italy those princesses seem to be more popular than Mylene. 

Aya Nakamura too, even though I don't like her. 

Another one I forgot is Jain, she's very popular here and I love her worldbeat sound

Im not that old ! :mark:

The peak of Mylene was indeed in 80's, 90's and early 00's, like Madonna. 

If you dont know her, you should listen to her and most of all see her mv's ! If you want start with Libertine and Pourvu qu'elles soient douces (these songs work as a whole) then, California, Désenchanté, The Farmer Project, L'âme Stram Gram, Sans contrefaçon, Que Mon Cœur lâche, XXL and Je te rends ton amour. 

I dont really like Aya too and I dont know if she is very gay friendly 

Archived