Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ed Sheeran with bruised eyes and suit for "Bad Habits"

COOOK

Featured Posts

InTheCloset
26 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

The way he’ll get away with this literal copy + paste of The Weeknd. :bear: If it was a pop girl however… :madge:

Have u ever noticed if two women wear the same thing even if one wore it years ago the caption is always ‘bit*h stole my look’ but when men do its ‘twinning, twinsies or brother from another mother’. Women get scrutinized. While men get to ‘learn’

The abyss stares back

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeardASine

If it's actually titled The Math Monster I think it might be a tribute to Gagz

Jose P
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Timberlake, Bieber 

Hun, come on….

Justin used to be interesting and now he’s bland af, and let’s not even talk about Justin. 

Stephen
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

Hun, come on….

Justin used to be interesting and now he’s bland af, and let’s not even talk about Justin. 

The way you didn’t even specificy which Justin but it doesn’t matter :lmao: 

Butters Stotch

WTF? Watch him be nominated in every Grammy category, and snatch each trophy.

And Abel standing there like: I did the exact same thing last year and you paid dust to me :bear:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Queen Bitch

My upstairs neighbors are listening to Shape of You and it reminds me why I dislike him:ladyhaha:

Mean Winchester

Okay now I am interested....don't turn out like Katy Perry when she promoted Roar with her dark era then ended up having a cute album.

js4754394o9823
6 hours ago, Bradley said:

I brought up gender (or rather sex) as a factor because GGD has a history of doing these to male musicians. While female musicians do get criticism from GGD too, the negative sentiments expressed towards male musicians are especially prominent and frequent. Some examples being Maroon 5, Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Eminem, Drake, any male rapper, and of course Ed Sheeran himself. I know there are some musicians like The Weeknd that GGD praises, but some of the musicians I've listed here, like Timberlake, Bieber and Eminem are far from being bland. Now they might not be as great as The Weeknd or Michael Jackson, but they are pop stars (or hip-hop stars) who have withstood the test of time and who are capable of entertaining very strongly in their respective departments. Eminem for example is a lyrical and musical prodigy but it's not like GGD is willing to acknowledge that. Timberlake has amazing stage presence and has continued to experiment with genres with his major five albums. And if we can appreciate pop icons like Katy Perry and Jennifer Lopez who don't evolve as drastically as Gaga, then why are we so quick to label people like Bieber and Sheeran as 'bland' and 'basic' just because they stay within pop music?

The whole phenomenon I am commenting is how quick we are to criticise people like Bieber and Sheeran when we would normally extend a defence for Perry and Lopez. I am perfectly happy that these women are being defended, but the double standards is what I don't think is right on GGD.

GGD literally tore Ed apart because he wore a red suit. If this was a female pop star, people would already be defending her by saying how red suits aren't invented by *insert artist allegedly copied from*.

Stop trying to make men look oppressed

Most of them are mediocre and that's a fact

Go watch Katy Perry's concert and then look at what Bieber is doing on his stage

That's why we like her, but not him

While men are standing still, singing the same old songs again and again

Women are doing dances, vocals

Outfit changes, acting, concepts

There's a difference

And miss me with this Eminem comment

That 'lyrical genius' used word f4ggot in his music more than I did in my whole life

He can choke

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Chromatography
16 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Stop trying to make men look oppressed

Most of them are mediocre and that's a fact

Go watch Katy Perry's concert and then look at what Bieber is doing on his stage

That's why we like her, but not him

i don’t know what website you’re on, but everyone trashes katy 24/7 lol

17 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Women are doing dances, vocals

Outfit changes, acting, concepts

There's a difference

as a woman myself, idk, i feel like men and women bring different things to the table. so what if men don’t have firework tits and giant angler fish on stage..i can’t believe i’m defending ed sheeran, but you know what you’re getting when you pay for his ticket. his style is lowkey with a guitar singing. just as i’ve been to women’s concerts doing the same thing. idk, it’s just weird how we can’t just all appreciate the different things different artists can bring to the table. instead we’re constantly pitting them against each other.

js4754394o9823
15 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i don’t know what website you’re on, but everyone trashes katy 24/7 lol

as a woman myself, idk, i feel like men and women bring different things to the table. so what if men don’t have firework tits and giant angler fish on stage..i can’t believe i’m defending ed sheeran, but you know what you’re getting when you pay for his ticket. his style is lowkey with a guitar singing. just as i’ve been to women’s concerts doing the same thing. idk, it’s just weird how we can’t just all appreciate the different things different artists can bring to the table. instead we’re constantly pitting them against each other.

The comment I was replaying to said we like Katy, but not men

So I explained why

There are a lot of haters, but KatyCats are here too

Fans know what they are paying for, but we "non fans" can still look at it and criticize their work

And it's not about putting them against each other, but there are double standards that need to be called out

Because women are not only doing more, but they are getting less in return and the smallest things can destroy or damage theirs careers

Like a new hairstyle, going back to Katy

And btw, mediocre is not the worst thing you can call someone, there is a lot of room for improvement in that word

Chromatography
1 minute ago, kukuryku666 said:

The comment I was replaying to said we like Katy, but not men

So I explained why

There are a lot of haters, but KatyCats are here too

Fans know what they are paying for, but we "non fans" can still look at it and criticize their work

And it's not about putting them against each other, but there are double standards that need to be called out

Because women are not only doing more, but they are getting less in return and the smallest things can destroy or damage theirs careers

Like a new hairstyle, going back to Katy

And btw, mediocre is not the worst thing you can call someone, there is a lot of room for improvement in that word

i never said mediocre was the worst thing to call someone. what is with GGD users putting words in my mouth today?

BTW, katy has like, 5 fans on this site total. people drag her every opportunity she gets. also a new hair style isn’t a great argument because bieber’s hair style over the last month and a half (before it turned cultural appropriation-y) was subject to tons of scrutiny. also, the fact that you’re equating katy’s decline with just a hair style is...interesting. she kept up childish antics that people got tired of, her sound did not evolve, and she’s not strong vocally. blaming a hairstyle is insulting to women. i am lowkey insulted that you will attribute the blame of failure to anything other than the person who was making the decisions

js4754394o9823
17 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i never said mediocre was the worst thing to call someone. what is with GGD users putting words in my mouth today?

BTW, katy has like, 5 fans on this site total. people drag her every opportunity she gets. also a new hair style isn’t a great argument because bieber’s hair style over the last month and a half (before it turned cultural appropriation-y) was subject to tons of scrutiny. also, the fact that you’re equating katy’s decline with just a hair style is...interesting. she kept up childish antics that people got tired of, her sound did not evolve, and she’s not strong vocally. blaming a hairstyle is insulting to women. i am lowkey insulted that you will attribute the blame of failure to anything other than the person who was making the decisions

So it's even worst then

Because not only is she putting more work, but people here hate her too lol

And they were both criticize about their hair

But Katy is nowhere to be found on the charts anymore, while Bieber is in top10

And she just made a change, he was ignorant, if not racist

And it was not the only thing that made people not like her, that's why I said "destroy or damage", but just look at the comments when that happened and even now

It's ugly, I don't like it

But that's the reality

And it's just proves my point

+her vocals are great, she improved a lot

Archived