Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ed Sheeran with bruised eyes and suit for "Bad Habits"

COOOK

Featured Posts

Dominic

Looking forward to it! I'm expecting quite a change in sound. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid Oreo

The ….. Monster

Bad ……

uhm chile nways so

grimreaperbarbie

come through Shape of You Vault by Math Labs :lolly:

Chromatic, Chromatic, put your hands all over my colors.

FFXIV WhiteMage

The Meth Monster :laughga:

Still looking forward though. I want him to give me that super generic background mega bop that I'll play whenever I poop :kara:

Pennywise
31 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Points were made! & check the official single cover...

E3mw0CRWEAUeQq_?format=jpg&name=900x900

:ohwell:

Coming for your clownie, I see :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Bradley
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

But that's not the reason he's getting dragged here? He's getting dragged for his basic music, basic concepts that are nowhere near original, and his overall blandness. Everyone was praising The Weeknd a few months ago because he deserved it, not because he was a female pop star. Literally 3 pages into the thread and not a single person brought up his being a male as a point of criticism (unless I missed something) except you. 

And you did say "let's do this to female artists from time to time" or something like that, implying they don't already get dragged for breathing wrong.

I brought up gender (or rather sex) as a factor because GGD has a history of doing these to male musicians. While female musicians do get criticism from GGD too, the negative sentiments expressed towards male musicians are especially prominent and frequent. Some examples being Maroon 5, Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Eminem, Drake, any male rapper, and of course Ed Sheeran himself. I know there are some musicians like The Weeknd that GGD praises, but some of the musicians I've listed here, like Timberlake, Bieber and Eminem are far from being bland. Now they might not be as great as The Weeknd or Michael Jackson, but they are pop stars (or hip-hop stars) who have withstood the test of time and who are capable of entertaining very strongly in their respective departments. Eminem for example is a lyrical and musical prodigy but it's not like GGD is willing to acknowledge that. Timberlake has amazing stage presence and has continued to experiment with genres with his major five albums. And if we can appreciate pop icons like Katy Perry and Jennifer Lopez who don't evolve as drastically as Gaga, then why are we so quick to label people like Bieber and Sheeran as 'bland' and 'basic' just because they stay within pop music?

The whole phenomenon I am commenting is how quick we are to criticise people like Bieber and Sheeran when we would normally extend a defence for Perry and Lopez. I am perfectly happy that these women are being defended, but the double standards is what I don't think is right on GGD.

GGD literally tore Ed apart because he wore a red suit. If this was a female pop star, people would already be defending her by saying how red suits aren't invented by *insert artist allegedly copied from*.

CyanLights
34 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Points were made! & check the official single cover...

E3mw0CRWEAUeQq_?format=jpg&name=900x900

:ohwell:

What in the Twilight cosplay 

Babba the Hutt

"Hey everyone, I'm painting my nails, using makeup and pink colors during Pride Month! Am I a LGBTIQ+ ally now?" - Ed Sheeran, probably. :huntyga:

Cookie Tookie

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Where’s that fan that was telling me how Ed Sheeran is more talented than The Weeknd? Because it looks like miss Ed is taking notes right out of Abel’s dossier honey.

Brainiac

Am I the only one who feels like this an BLATANT rip off of The Weeknd's entire After Hours era aesthetic? Like, it's SO glaringly obvious.

Babba the Hutt

O1Ysk.jpg

As usual, he might automatically get far more recognition for doing the same thing others have done before. And he only had to add fangs. :neyde:

• COOOK changed the title to Ed Sheeran with bruised eyes and suit for "Bad Habits"

Archived