MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

news

Kylie Minogue - Marry The Night (Reimagined)

Featured Posts

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blake

• HuffsAhoy

• dynamite

• Monsieur D

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Queen Kylie with Gaga?   

Who's gonna tell her  

THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME, THEY'RE MY FAVORITE ARTISTS OF ALL TIME I CAN'T HANDLE THIS I HOPE IT'S AN EXCLUSIVE NEW SONG JUST PLEASE BREED MY PINKY TWINK HOLE RAW AND LEAVE IT OPEN FOR OTHERS TO ST

ProdigyARTPOP
10 hours ago, MOT said:

There's nothing wrong with it as such, but at the end of the day it's just MTN being sung by someone who isn't as good at singing as Gaga is.

You guys do understand how covers/reimagined songs work right?

When Gaga covered Your Song by Elton John she added her own flair to it,

Hell when she did the National Anthem earlier this year she sang it in a different key to fit her vocal chops.

Its not supposed to sound like Gaga,

because it’s Kylie’s version. Plain & Simple.

• Like 11
MonsterofFame

Overall, I didn't like Kylie's version. I'm glad they changed the production and put that campy light Kylie touch to it but it doesn't work for such a strong, powerful, and emotional song like MTN. 

Kylie would've been better suited for Americano, Hair, FHOL, or even TEOG. But MTN just doesn't work with her. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
MOT
16 hours ago, MOT said:

There's nothing wrong with it as such, but at the end of the day it's just MTN being sung by someone who isn't as good at singing as Gaga is.

6 hours ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

You guys do understand how covers/reimagined songs work right?

When Gaga covered Your Song by Elton John she added her own flair to it,

Hell when she did the National Anthem earlier this year she sang it in a different key to fit her vocal chops.

Its not supposed to sound like Gaga,

because it’s Kylie’s version. Plain & Simple.

Yes but ....I don't know what Kylie is bringing to the party here. To me her version just sounds like Gaga's version being sung less well.

On Your Song, Gaga brought her voice to the party and improved on Elton's version imo.

Edited by MOT
  • Thanks 1
Aussie
On 6/11/2021 at 9:58 PM, bionic said:

Kylie is a long time ally but not a member of community

Yep and Ally counts. Good on Gaga to recognise a global LGBTQ+ icon

• Like 1
Aussie
1 hour ago, MOT said:

Yes but ....I don't know what Kylie is bringing to the party here. To me her version just sounds like Gaga's version being sung less well.

On Your Song, Gaga brought her voice to the party and improved on Elton's version imo.

Honestly I’m not sure I understand. Kylie paid respect to original while also giving it a disco-club infusion 👌🏻

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
Joshie
On 6/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, Agunimon said:

um

is that you in your profile pic?

:vegas:

Yes babes, it's me! 

• Love 1
Anderson123

Fans digest these things so quick lol. Comments went from "OMFG KYLIE ON MTN" to "not as good as Gaga's lol doesn't work on her". Guys it's just a cover, the original song is still there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
HuffsAhoy

Over 48 hours later and it's still an iconic cover! I cannot stop listening!! Haters gonna keep on hating while Kylie keeps on serving :whitney:

Rain on Me
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2
M i K E Y

now I need a rock version of TEOG and I'll be fed for the next 3 months 

also I'm very very excited About Highway Unicorn since it's one of my favs from BTW

My debut album ''Dance Floor Melancholy'' is out July 2nd!
  • Like 1
Sine From Above

You can pre order BTW: Reimagined from Amazon UK now!

It's so strange how the album will be released in June but we won't get the CD's until September, whats happened there?

STREAM BORN THIS WAY
HorusRa2
23 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Over 48 hours later and it's still an iconic cover! I cannot stop listening!! Haters gonna keep on hating while Kylie keeps on serving :whitney:

Nothing but facts. I like both versions of the songs but It's just really unfair to place the same vocal expectations on Kylie as Gaga as they are so different. It's not that Kylie doesn't sing well so much as Gaga has a more powerful forward voice than Kylie. It's all personal preference but some people could be reminded that this kind of comparison is very much putting two women against each other when there's no reason to do that.