question

Solar Power vs. Green Light

OhHenny2020

Solar Power vs. Green Light  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Better lead single

Featured Posts

luckyanderson

I'm going to be honest with you it was not until I saw the LSFYLegacy on Drag Race All Stars season 3 between Kennedy and BenDeLa that I really gave the song a second opportunity listen and chance and boy was I ever so glad. "Greenlight" is the ORIGINAL "driver's license." It is an emotional experience. It comes from actual lived, hurt and heartfelt experiences. It is the perfect introduction to the narrative of the story that is "Melodrama" as a full body of work. While I did not dislike "Solar Power" and got some subtle Florence + the Machine vibes while watching the video, "Green Light" as well as the entire Melodrama album are Lorde's magnum opus and I don't think anything thereafter has a chance at comparing as it does not stem and rekindle such aforementioned feelings of hurt and loss from young love lost (mind you "Solar Power" is also about a completely different subject). 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

Stop comparing bad bitches for reactions 2k21 :shadow:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

OhHenny2020
13 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Stop comparing bad bitches for reactions 2k21 :shadow:

It’s the same bad bitch doe :oprah:

MonSwiftAnton
1 hour ago, OhHenny2020 said:

It’s the same bad bitch doe :oprah:

So you hate the song, and you've felt the need to sh*t all over it in all threads now. We get it, but can we enjoy it without you spoiling it and this moment for us who likes it?

OhHenny2020
13 minutes ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

So you hate the song, and you've felt the need to sh*t all over it in all threads now. We get it, but can we enjoy it without you spoiling it and this moment for us who likes it?

I never said I hate the song? It’s nice. Am I underwhelmed? Yes. I have just as much right to voice my dislike for the song as you do for liking it. If somebody else’s opinion of a song on a fan forum ruins the song for you maybe it’s not the opinion that’s the problem. Personally, Green Light was a better lead single for me. Also, I still love Lorde, I was just expecting more.

Archived