Watch THE Speech

society

Texas hospital suspends 178 employees who refused covid vaccination 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

StuckInMyMind
12 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

This is outrageous...they legally can't fire them, but essentially it's like forcing a treatment on someone or be out of work...are you serious? People have a right to get whatever health treatment they want or not...it's not even a political thing...it's a basic human right and HIPAA...

100%. If you don’t want the vaccine, it should not be forced. Absolutely absurd.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HuffsAhoy

• TimisaMonster

• alsemanche

• Fresco

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hospital is 100% right, but I disagree about not paying employees who took their first vaccine if they didn't have the time yet to take their second shot. And if your religion forbid you from

This is outrageous...they legally can't fire them, but essentially it's like forcing a treatment on someone or be out of work...are you serious? People have a right to get whatever health treatment th

A Houston hospital has suspended 178 staff members who have refused to abide by its mandate that employees be fully vaccinated by Monday. Nearly 25,000 of Houston Methodist's staff members have b

Fresco
Spoiler

Somewhat off-topic but similar issue.  I still get annoyed if I think about the doctor that brought ebola from Africa to New York. He volunteered to go to Africa to treat ebola patients. He was so sure he did everything right with protections, while he was there getting his moral high, saving lives for charity. He did not allow any time to quarantine before resuming his activities in New York. He came back and went on New York city transit and a couple places. Then he got symptoms and went into quarantine. He got treatment and lived. Months later they still found ebola virus in his eyeballs and semen long after they thought he was cured. 

On 6/11/2021 at 7:51 AM, Tinnitus15 said:

try studying for 15+ year to become a doctor or nurse(like5-6 years) and then be like hey i am gonna change my career.

Sometimes life gets in the way of best laid plans. Some of these medical people think they are infallible, some kind of God complex, imo. It would be a harsh wakeup call to be fired. Some of the saddest stories I've seen this last year where when doctors and nurses that were very careful died of this virus that they got while working. And then there was a doctor describing how he felt treating someone with covid syptoms, immediately followed by treating a cancer patient that had zero immunity. He had tears in his eyes because this was pre-vaccine.

I know someone that had to give up a brief career in nursing because of job related ptsd, and it was pre-covid.

Edited by Fresco
  • Sad 1