HEAVY METAL LOVER (LYRIC VIDEO)

society

Texas hospital suspends 178 employees who refused covid vaccination 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

OhHenny2020

You shouldn’t be working as a doctor or more specifically a nurse or less if you think you know it all. Education doesn’t excuse you from your own ignorance. That’s literally a part of being EDUCATED. Like, actually educated. Not just a piece of paper with your name on it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HuffsAhoy

• alsemanche

• Fresco

• Tinnitus15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hospital is 100% right, but I disagree about not paying employees who took their first vaccine if they didn't have the time yet to take their second shot. And if your religion forbid you from

This is outrageous...they legally can't fire them, but essentially it's like forcing a treatment on someone or be out of work...are you serious? People have a right to get whatever health treatment th

A Houston hospital has suspended 178 staff members who have refused to abide by its mandate that employees be fully vaccinated by Monday. Nearly 25,000 of Houston Methodist's staff members have b

ProdigyARTPOP
10 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

People have been working these jobs before COVID was even a thing tho perhaps many years...what does getting this vaccination have to do with their qualifications and years of schooling to do their jobs? 

I just feel it's the same principle with patients who have a right to refuse treatment and a doctor doesn't have a right to pressure or force them to take any medication or have a surgery...just as a hospital doesn't have a right to force its employees to have certain treatments done or else they're out of a job...this is literally punishment 

It’s not pressure and it’s like when children need their booster shots up to date in order to be accepted into school, to not cause a polio/chicken pox outbreak.

It’s not always about your “personal freedoms” 

• Like 1
alsemanche

Firing those who didn't get both doses yet is stupid but like... you can't work at a HOSPITAL and refuse a vaccine. First of all, that's putting patients at risk. Second of all, if you're  a health worker and you're ignorant enough not to get vaccinated then you should reconsider your career. I wouldn't trust an anti-vax healthworker lmao

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 2
Tinnitus15
11 hours ago, Fresco said:

They should quit the job and get a different career, imo.

try studying for 15+ year to become a doctor or nurse(like5-6 years) and then be like hey i am gonna change my career.

Pennywise

Americans are all for "free market!!!!!!!!!" until the market bites them :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
alsemanche
3 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

try studying for 15+ year to become a doctor or nurse(like5-6 years) and then be like hey i am gonna change my career.

Imagine studying for 15+ years and still refusing a vaccine... might as well throw the entire 15 years in the trash 

Edited by alsemanche
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
CyanLights

I love how people think they have a law degree all of a sudden :green:

you can infringe in rights you don’t have lmao - hospitals are private business and can choose their own regulations and standards for employees 

Cranky Capricorn ♑️
  • Like 2
Tinnitus15
Just now, alsemanche said:

Imagine studying for 15+ years and still refusing a vaccine... might as well throw the entire 15 yesrs in the trash 

not all of them refused the vaccine.

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

not all of them refused the vaccine.

Those who didnt get it for medical reasons obviously shouldn't have been fired (im sure there are ways to work around that?) but those who refused it on religious terms (or whatever other reason they came up with) are just stupid tbh. You can't convince me someone put 15 years of work into their scientific degree just to decide that they are above a vaccine because their religion says so. These people shouldn't be trusted with treating patients.

Edited by alsemanche
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Tinnitus15
7 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Those who didnt get it for medical reasons obviously shouldn't have been fired (im sure there are ways to work around that?) but those who refused it on religious terms (or whatever other reason they came up with) are just stupid tbh. You can't convince me someone put 15 years of work into their scientific degree just to decide that they are above a vaccine because their religion says so. These people shouldn't be trusted with treating patients.

some people are really into religion.So i agree they might be punished(still firing them is too much, maybe they could've changed their mind idk how they fell about it), but those who got the first dose didn't deserve this

Edited by Tinnitus15
HuffsAhoy
7 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

You can't convince me someone put 15 years of work into their scientific degree just to decide that they are above a vaccine because their religion says so. These people shouldn't be trusted with treating patients.

Agreed 100% 

Frankly, we need to stop allowing religious exemptions for anything. If your belief in a book of myths is the basis for not doing your job, you deserve to be unemployed. I swear religious people are the bane of my existence :smh: 

Rain on Me
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
CyanLights
3 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Agreed 100% 

Frankly, we need to stop allowing religious exemptions for anything. If your belief in a book of myths is the basis for not doing your job, you deserve to be unemployed. I swear religious people are the bane of my existence :smh: 

I know before the pandemic many states were moving for legislation that would eliminate religious based exemptions form not taking vaccinations/immunizations. Not sure how the current state of affairs has shifted that but it was definitely being pursued by the courts (surprisingly enough) 

Cranky Capricorn ♑️
HuffsAhoy
10 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

I know before the pandemic many states were moving for legislation that would eliminate religious based exemptions form not taking vaccinations/immunizations. Not sure how the current state of affairs has shifted that but it was definitely being pursued by the courts (surprisingly enough) 

Amazing how things change in the blink of an eye 

Rain on Me
  • Like 1
littlepotter
12 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

This is outrageous...they legally can't fire them, but essentially it's like forcing a treatment on someone or be out of work...are you serious? People have a right to get whatever health treatment they want or not...it's not even a political thing...it's a basic human right and HIPAA...

But this is a HOSPITAL... Would you say the same thing if the employees refused to follow other health procedures like not washing their hands after using the toilet.. no, it's the same thing, they're not following the hospital's health guidelines so they should work somewhere else

highly emotional era
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Economy
12 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

This is outrageous...they legally can't fire them, but essentially it's like forcing a treatment on someone or be out of work...are you serious? People have a right to get whatever health treatment they want or not...it's not even a political thing...it's a basic human right and HIPAA...

Problem is hospitals are a danger spot for outbreaks if precautions arent taken not to mention ppl who are in hospital for one reson or another are disproportionately more likely to be vulnerable if they got infected

If they pose a potential health hazard due to their refusal to take the vaccine i think the suspension is justified.

• Like 2