Watch THE Speech

society

Texas hospital suspends 178 employees who refused covid vaccination 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

tylertremallose
58 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

This is outrageous...they legally can't fire them, but essentially it's like forcing a treatment on someone or be out of work...are you serious? People have a right to get whatever health treatment they want or not...it's not even a political thing...it's a basic human right and HIPAA...

texas is an at will state. you can be fired for basically any reason. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HuffsAhoy

• TimisaMonster

• alsemanche

• Tinnitus15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hospital is 100% right, but I disagree about not paying employees who took their first vaccine if they didn't have the time yet to take their second shot. And if your religion forbid you from

This is outrageous...they legally can't fire them, but essentially it's like forcing a treatment on someone or be out of work...are you serious? People have a right to get whatever health treatment th

A Houston hospital has suspended 178 staff members who have refused to abide by its mandate that employees be fully vaccinated by Monday. Nearly 25,000 of Houston Methodist's staff members have b

chromatic puzea
15 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It's a bit extreme to punish the ones who have received their first dose. 

while it could be, i don't really see this as an incentive to get the vaccine

i don't think the vaccine should be forced onto people but yeah if you're gonna be treating multiple patients a day -some of which could have auto immune diseases, been exposed to covid, or have covid themselves- then yes you should be vaccinated because you're putting all those patients at risk

hard to even fathom which parts you should believe
  • Like 1
ProdigyARTPOP
9 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Yup. Texas is a right to work state, any employer can terminate an employee for any reason.

But beyond that, your second point is dead on. If you don't believe in medicine, you shouldn't be practicing it.

Exactly, I don’t get how people make this a “you’re treading on my rights” type of issue when it’s never been such, we’re the only country that’s politicizing/ or taking medical achievements/help as an attack on our liberties. :ladyhaha:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, Pretty Please said:

You can fire an employee for whatever reason you want, i think?

it says that they have hundreds religious exemptions and hundreds more deferrals. If you don’t trust or believe in science backed medicine you shouldn’t be helping administer it. 

No...you can't...wrongful termination lawsuits happen all the time because people are fired without just cause 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

They can work somewhere else. Tons of places are hiring. 

Personally, I approve of not hiring or firing health care workers that don't have valid reasons to stay up to date on all their shots. At the end of the day, it speaks to their lack of qualifications for that job. We're still in a pandemic, and dumbassses that don't get the shot are only prolonging it.

People have been working these jobs before COVID was even a thing tho perhaps many years...what does getting this vaccination have to do with their qualifications and years of schooling to do their jobs? 

I just feel it's the same principle with patients who have a right to refuse treatment and a doctor doesn't have a right to pressure or force them to take any medication or have a surgery...just as a hospital doesn't have a right to force its employees to have certain treatments done or else they're out of a job...this is literally punishment 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
PartySick
1 minute ago, TimisaMonster said:

People have been working these jobs before COVID was even a thing tho perhaps many years...what does getting this vaccination have to do with their qualifications and years of schooling to do their jobs? 

I just feel it's the same principle with patients who have a right to refuse treatment and a doctor doesn't have a right to pressure or force them to take any medication or have a surgery...just as a hospital doesn't have a right to force its employees to have certain treatments done or else they're out of a job...this is literally punishment 

The hospital isn't forcing them to get the vaccine, they're telling them they won't have unvaccinated people working with patients :shrug: it's an ultimatum at worst, but not punishment.

Their personal religious beliefs don't entitle them to the right to endanger others' lives by not getting vaccinated.

If they don't believe in medicine, they don't need to work in the medical field. There's plenty of places that'll hire their anti-vaxxer selves :shrug:

Seeing voices 🖐️🖤
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
Morphine Prince

I disagree with the hospital’s mandate BUT I understand why they’re doing it. 

These people can find somewhere else to work if they don’t like it. 

uo111
1 hour ago, Kadikaado said:

The hospital is 100% right, but I disagree about not paying employees who took their first vaccine if they didn't have the time yet to take their second shot.

And if your religion forbid you from taking vaccines you shouldn't work at a hospital. If you don't take vaccines you are a risk to the patients, like biohazard.

They work at a hospital, they had time

• Like 2
gypsy101
1 hour ago, Kadikaado said:

The hospital is 100% right, but I disagree about not paying employees who took their first vaccine if they didn't have the time yet to take their second shot.

is there anyone in america who has not had the time to get both? it’s been about 2 months since everyone could get them

HuffsAhoy
14 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

is there anyone in america who has not had the time to get both? it’s been about 2 months since everyone could get them

Lots of frontline workers that are working double and triple shifts, people who can't get any paid time off (whether its for getting a second dose or sick time for any side effects they may have), inadequate child care during their appointment (not sure if kids can be taken into the clinics). There are a myriad of reasons why folks have forgone their second vax doses

Rain on Me
gypsy101
37 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Lots of frontline workers that are working double and triple shifts, people who can't get any paid time off (whether its for getting a second dose or sick time for any side effects they may have), inadequate child care during their appointment (not sure if kids can be taken into the clinics). There are a myriad of reasons why folks have forgone their second vax doses

i thought frontline workers were eligible first? like 5 months ago

• Like 2
ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, KillerMonster said:

This is wrong on so many levels. 

Antivaxxers get no sympathy from me lol

• Like 5
Fresco
3 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

I disagree that the only qualifications for a job are education and work experience. Many jobs have physical requirements, background checks, and required random drug testing. The military requires a level of physical fitness which they formally test. Schools require 5 vaccines before a child can attend a public school, with some exemptions.

I think it would be within their right to require vaccination for the jobs. There are work from home jobs like ask a nurse or teledoc. So anti-vax medical people could work from home at that type of work. I would not trust their judgement when discussing the issue of vaccines with patients. If they won't vaccinate themselves, how are we to trust that they will provide accurate ethical advise to patients. This doubt about professionalism is a reason that they should not be working there.

• Like 7
kiwimane

I agree that if you're working in medical care, you should be let go if you refuse to take the proper precautions to protect your patients.

My partner's grandparent is in a retirement home and their family cannot visit that grandparent because they're locked down due to two medical providers contracting COVID; mind you, they've been in lockdown since March 2020.

It hurts everyone including the patients' families, so I am in total agreement with firing those employees who straight up refuse the vaccine. They should work in another field if they're not interested in protecting others to the fullest extent.

• Like 3