💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

South Korean MP apologises over BTS tattoo pictures

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

South Korea's youngest MP apologised after she provoked fury among BTS fans by using pictures of tattooed singer Jungkook to promote her campaign to liberalise the country's restrictive laws on inking.

Ryu Ho-jeong told a radio station she had wanted to promote her bill through "everyday and popular content". "I'd like to apologise if anyone is offended," she added.

3998683.jpg

K-pop fans are fiercely protective of their idols and while Ryu Ho-jeong of the progressive minor Justice Party did nothing to claim she had Jungkook's support, she was accused of dragging him into politics.

South Korea has strict restrictions on tattooing, which while not illegal is classed as a medical procedure and may only be carried out by a qualified doctor with violators facing possible imprisonment.

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Bonkers

If you're not scared of BTS fans, you're not paying attention.  :cryga:

Spoiler

I'd like to apologize if anyone is offended. :huntyga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

GagaSine

I'm so confused as to why they are upset? Unless BTS stans are anti-tattoos or something?

Bonkers
Just now, GagaSine said:

I'm so confused as to why they are upset? Unless BTS stans are anti-tattoos or something?

I think it because it puts his tattoos in the news and politics and suddenly people are talking about them and judging them.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

edengowon
Just now, Bonkers said:

I think it because it puts his tattoos in the news and politics and suddenly people are talking about them and judging them.

yeah the korean general public really hate tattoos on idols and whenever something like this happens, it reignites discussion.

not to mention there are some fans who like threatened to unstan and burnt their merch when he got the tattoos because he didn't fit the image they liked anymore :triggered: they even threatened the tattoo artist

the artist formerly known as melancholia

GagaSine
3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

1 minute ago, Melancholia said:

yeah the korean general public really hate tattoos on idols and whenever something like this happens, it reignites discussion.

not to mention there are some fans who like threatened to unstan and burnt their merch when he got the tattoos because he didn't fit the image they liked anymore :triggered: they even threatened the tattoo artist

:bear: with fans like that, who needs enemies?

Bonkers
2 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

:bear: with fans like that, who needs enemies?

I think in Korea being protective is a way to show love and so is tough love.

Spoiler

I'd like to apologize if anyone is offended. :huntyga:

Lemondeduerl
15 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

there are some fans who like threatened to unstan and burnt their merch when he got the tattoos because he didn't fit the image they liked anymore :triggered: they even threatened the tattoo artist

I don't understand why is this behaviour so normalized in Korea, like fans feel the need to defend idols because they could be cancelled for anything. 

:)

Cookie Tookie
25 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Imagine being this insecure 

Roronoa

Sometimes I wanna know if those boys are hooking up and dating behind close doors.

edengowon
On 6/10/2021 at 10:37 PM, KanyeWest said:

Insufferable. Then they wonder why these celebs end their lives. They are suffocating them

whilst i generally agree with the sentiment, it isn't this kind of fandom that's led to a majority of kpop suicides, it's bloodthirsty media and a judgemental general public. different issues overall.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Archived