💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Born To Die Appreciation Thread

Suspiria

Featured Posts

Suspiria

For some reason I had an urge to revisit Born To Die today, and wow. I really remember why we all fell in love with her.

The chokehold she had on pop culture in 2012:messga: 'Cultural reset' is thrown around a lot nowadays but damn, this truly was. Her influence on pop/alterna-pop was so undeniable, I'd argue she created a new pop star archetype.

The music was so lush and cinematic. I can't remember ever being as stunned by new music as I was when I first heard her stuff. The visuals were so exquisitely glamorous I'll never get over them. No one has encapsulated classic glamour like her since. The controversy and mystery surrounding her story only added to her allure.

Wow, what an era. A moment most pleasing to me in her career:diane:

cg1cel6ne6q61.jpg?width=1500&format=pjpg

e6f7c24f09bb4fe8fd3a6443f24d961f.jpg

EVICp3tX0AUBJHn.jpg

AURAOFSHEISSE

That’s so weird I was just think abt listening to it. Ik that most people on here think it’s her best album but NFR is number one for me. Though this is an amazing first album it rlly set the tone for her whole career. Million Dollar Man still hits the same:pray:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

I think it was a great album at the time but tbh I like every single one of her other albums better. She really grew as an artist.

LoLaA

Love this album, this album is one of the few albums from another artist than Gaga, I love every song from. 

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Suspiria
13 minutes ago, Bio said:

I think it was a great album at the time but tbh I like every single one of her other albums better. She really grew as an artist.

16 minutes ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

That’s so weird I was just think abt listening to it. Ik that most people on here think it’s her best album but NFR is number one for me. Though this is an amazing first album it rlly set the tone for her whole career. Million Dollar Man still hits the same:pray:

Personally I disagree, I don't think she has or ever will top it. Lyrically and vocally she has certainly matured a lot, but none of her other albums (well other than Paradise) have come anywhere close to the richness and grandeur of these productions. The whole trip hop meets Bond theme sound with a baby doll voice also offered a lot of novelty and freshness, something none of her later albums have offered.

I also think that melodically she's gotten sloppier and weaker as time goes on. This definitely had her tightest tunes (I guess Emile Haynie is to thank for that).

I guess it's just a matter of taste and what you look for in an album.

Mother of Puppies

Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness (and also Young and Beautiful) will always be among my favorite songs :tony:

And the Blue Jeans music video is just wow... I just love it - it's so sensual :heat:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Concertaholic

Why is time going by so quickly! How has it already been almost 10 years! I don’t like getting older and I also don’t like seeing Lana get older either :messga:

Archived