question

Why you don't like Ed Sheeran?

Teletubby

Do you like Ed Sheeran?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Ed Sheeran?

Featured Posts

eifulien

He's one of my favourite musicians. I do prefer his earlier stuff but his first three albums are excellent. His music has soul.

On the other side, yes his collaboration project was basic af, I hope he returns with sth more intimate and meaningful

The hate he gets here is hilarious, I mean yeah it was shitty when he took the Grammys in the pop categories in 2018 when there were Joanne, Lust for Life and especially Rainbow, but it is what it is.

I hope the people pointing out how unoriginal he is aren't the same ones defending the mediocrity of girls like Ava Max or Bebe Rexha, etc. claiming they're underrated blah-blah cause the double standard would be astounding and not welcome.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

I’ve got to give him credit, he can write a pop song.  I just wish he’d write them for people instead of releasing them himself because I just find him really unlikeable 

Ceres

He's extremely talented but his songs are too bland for my taste. Also I know he plays the game to get better charting singles / albums and will add on peeps last minute to get a bigger push. 
Yes, many artists do that as well but since he's a guy, I personally feel like he gets to skirt a lot of criticism and bland is "okay"

✧ ✧ ✧

GucciGa

Yes, he's fantastic in concert and a very nice and funny guy. It always amazes me how Americans just do not get british/Irish sense of humour (when it suits them) Stan twitter don't like him bc he doesn't look like a typical boy bander. Meanwhile their idols like Justin, Harry, Taylor etc rave about him and his talent. 

😇

TimisaMonster

The music is basic and misogynistic 

His going to the coffee shop to perform look is a no for me 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

CyanDante

I kinda liked his first two albums, then he went more pop and it all became more basic and bland and mediocre and it went downhill for me. 

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

He's talented and i like his music :happy: "Give me Love" and "Supermarket Flowers" are my faves

i like some of his songs but i ain't a fan of him. i think he's slightly overrated. 

you're on your own kid, yeah you can face this!

GucciGa
20 minutes ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

he hate he gets here is hilarious, I mean yeah it was shitty when he took the Grammys in the pop categories in 2018 when there were Joanne, Lust for Life and especially Rainbow, but it is what it is.

Multiply is a great album. I'm not mad at his win even though I love to have seen Gaga win too. He gets hate for the whole white male /makes no effort to dress v Beyonce etc but he's talented as fk and that's the way he's always dressed. It was part of his charm, like it or not.  He's there to play music, not to model clothes. He put in the work to get where he is so he's just as deserving as anybody else. At the end of the day it's about the music. I wouldn't be as big a fan of Gaga if she didn't have that voice and talent. I'm really not here bc of her fashion or theatrics. Ed will be successful his whole life bc of that, long after some of your current favs have disappeared, and that's the truth. 

😇

gypsy101
24 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Because I am still irrationally angry that he won the Grammy over Gaga, Kelly, Kesha, and Pink :wtf:

specifically Kesha was robbed

Babba the Hutt

I only like him physically but his music simply doesn't stand out for me, it's a very personal opinion but I find it bland and generic, that you don't have to look very hard to find many similar and/or better musicians around the world that will never get even a 1/10 of the recognition he gets.

Also his perceived big ego. And cringey GOT cameo.

Spoiler

But he's a great wizard. :derpga:

ShayCristoforo

I just don't care to care.

Perfect is good though. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

VoidTwo

His songs are utterly boring to me and I don't like his voice. Plus, I know many people who like him only because he is a ginger regardless of his music, which makes no sense. 

(I kind of like "You Don't Need Me I Don't Need You") 

Lickitung

I don't hate him. I think most of his songs are boring, but he's got some great ones aswell.  Also, I don't think he deserved those grammys but I have moved on... it's just an award after all lol

eifulien
5 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

Multiply is a great album. I'm not mad at his win even though I love to have seen Gaga win too. He gets hate for the whole white male /makes no effort to dress v Beyonce etc but he's talented as fk and that's the way he's always dressed. It was part of his charm, like it or not.  He's there to play music, not to model clothes. He put in the work to get where he is so he's just as deserving as anybody else. At the end of the day it's about the music. I wouldn't be as big a fan of Gaga if she didn't have that voice and talent. Ed will be successful his whole life bc of that, long after some of your current favs have disappeared, and that's the truth. 

Plus and Multiply are excellent records with some truly deep message. Divide is a fine record as well, sure it had more mainstream appeal but the deep cuts were Ed 100%.

The comparisons with the diva stars are ridiculous and usually come from people who struggle to make up their mind. Like do we want him to put up a show like Bey or Gaga? I don't think he could, but that's not even the point. I think he's just the perfect embodiment for "woke" SJWs to rant against the historical white male dominance. But then what happens is: they tear him down for being basic and undeserving of his success, because, see, the girls have to work harder and put up a grandiose show everytime (I'm not saying it's untrue, but is it his fault?) to attract this big level of attention. And then they go on to tear the girls apart should they fail to top themselves with each new era, and if they tone it down, they're deemed boring, etc.

I'm honestly getting excited for new music from him. If Lana really releases Blue Banisters in July we'll have Marina, Lana, Lorde and Ed - true force! :party:

Archived