new music

Lorde - Solar Power (Out Now)

BleepBloop

Featured Posts

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dynamite

The song is kind of sweet but first impression is that it's extremely boring and for a comeback single, what?... Maybe it'll grow on me

C1trus

Quick! Make a mashup of Solar Power and Born This Way. They have the same chord progression on the verses :heart:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

dynamite

Until now I'd only heard Royals and Green Light, but I'm listening to some other songs on shuffle now... Supercut is nice!

holy scheisse
10 minutes ago, Kattys said:

"You ready?

There’s someone I want you to meet.
Her feet are bare at all times. She’s sexy, playful, feral, and free. She’s a modern girl in a deadstock bikini, in touch with her past and her future, vibrating at the highest level when summer comes around. Her skin is glowing, her lovers are many. I’m completely obsessed with her, and soon you will be too.

It’s my divine pleasure to be introducing you, at long last, to my third studio album, SOLAR POWER.

The album is a celebration of the natural world, an attempt at immortalising the deep, transcendent feelings I have when I’m outdoors. In times of heartache, grief, deep love, or confusion, I look to the natural world for answers. I’ve learnt to breathe out, and tune in. This is what came through.

The first song, also called SOLAR POWER and written and produced by myself and Jack, is the first of the rays. It’s about that infectious, flirtatious summer energy that takes hold of us all, come June (or December, if you’re a Southern Hemisphere baby like me but I know that’s literally IMPOSSIBLE for you all to wrap your little heads around so don’t worry about it!!).

I made everything with friends here in New Zealand. My best mate Ophelia took the cover photo, lying on the sand as I leapt over her, both of us laughing. The director who made my first ever music video, Joel, helped me create the videos, building an entire cinematic universe that I can’t wait for you to see. I made something that encapsulates where I’m from — my family, my girlfriends, my outdoors, my constant ruminations, and my unending search for the divine.

There’s SO much more detail to come — a truly comical amount of detail, honestly. You can look to the natural calendar for clues. I’m trying to listen to what’s out there more, and the vibe I got was that you’re ready for this, that you need it. I want this album to be your summer companion, the one you pump on the drive to the beach. The one that lingers on your skin like a tan as the months get cooler again.

Today’s the only solar eclipse of the year, did you know that? Feels right.

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LET’S GO

SOLAR POWER TODAY — TOMORROW — FOREVER

ELLA XX"

Okay this is amazing this is why I love her so much :cryga: 

I'm ready for her ray of light

OMonster

Unfortunately... not a fan. 

Oh well - here's hoping the album is better.

subtext / fantasy

thatfoxyfeeling

I’m honestly surprised how lackluster the song is considering she hasn’t released music or been in the public eye for a long time. It just doesn’t go anywhere for me like I expected something ethereal from Lorde :rip: 

Gagaplayer315

It's so monotonous. :reductive:

It's funny the way this girl cracked the lorde formula :ladyhaha:

Dr Fudge

Oh boy. Back to the OP: I literally thought @Sneaky was just kidding around and that the song wasn’t out yet. I think this is a brilliant single! Absolutely beautiful and summery fun. No rainy days here. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

It really is a blue ball of a song. I love Bleachers, but their new material is meh. And it definitely seems like Jack is bringing the same production/lack of energy to this Lorde project

BleepBloop
2 hours ago, OhHenny2020 said:

And people are praising this like it’s something NEW and FRESH, I Can’t :lmao:

Season 8 Bravo GIF

You’re clearly so bothered by her! I’m sorry you can’t help yourself :/

A MESS
7 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

oh my god i would never game

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Archived