💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lorde - Solar Power (Out Now)

BleepBloop

Featured Posts

ToxicHot

The hook sounds super 90’s.... does it sample something or?

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OhHenny2020

And the Music Video is literally Never Really Over Ketty Parry 2.0, so fetch!

alsemanche
5 minutes ago, OhHenny2020 said:

And the Music Video is literally Never Really Over Ketty Parry 2.0, so fetch!

we get it, you dont like her, move on etc etc 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

js4754394o9823

People here are so use to typical pop woop woop woop that every slower song with a guitar sounds the same to y'all lol

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

OhHenny2020
5 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

we get it, you dont like her, move on etc etc 

Actually I do, but I’m underwhelmed and with the overused Jack Antonoff in every song nowadays it sounds exactly like everything else he does with LDR

Cameltoe Chariot

Someone on popheads said the music video looks like an activia commercial :diane:

alsemanche
Just now, OhHenny2020 said:

Actually I do, but I’m underwhelmed and with the overused Jack Antonoff in every song nowadays it sounds exactly like everything else

i really don't like this jack antonoff argument thing. I get that he's being overused by a lot of artists, but we have to realize that the song wouldn't have been the way it is if Lorde didn't want it this way. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

BleepBloop
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

i really don't like this jack antonoff argument thing. I get that he's being overused by a lot of artists, but we have to realize that the song wouldn't have been the way it is if Lorde didn't want it this way. 

Thank you!!

Poltergeist

The outro of the song is cute, she looks beautiful and the video's pleasing for the eye, but I don't feel like the song as a whole is memorable, I don't remember the verses 5 minutes after first listen, and sadly I don't feel the need to listen to the song again...

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

So dono if this has been said and may be very obvious…. But the album cover is the (her) moon covering the sun, so a solar eclipse. Pretty fitting for today 

elijahfan
36 minutes ago, OhHenny2020 said:

Actually I do, but I’m underwhelmed and with the overused Jack Antonoff in every song nowadays it sounds exactly like everything else he does with LDR

It actually sounds nothing like a LDR song. Lana is moody and tortured, and that’s literally a celebration of summer and light.

Kattys

"You ready?

There’s someone I want you to meet.
Her feet are bare at all times. She’s sexy, playful, feral, and free. She’s a modern girl in a deadstock bikini, in touch with her past and her future, vibrating at the highest level when summer comes around. Her skin is glowing, her lovers are many. I’m completely obsessed with her, and soon you will be too.

It’s my divine pleasure to be introducing you, at long last, to my third studio album, SOLAR POWER.

The album is a celebration of the natural world, an attempt at immortalising the deep, transcendent feelings I have when I’m outdoors. In times of heartache, grief, deep love, or confusion, I look to the natural world for answers. I’ve learnt to breathe out, and tune in. This is what came through.

The first song, also called SOLAR POWER and written and produced by myself and Jack, is the first of the rays. It’s about that infectious, flirtatious summer energy that takes hold of us all, come June (or December, if you’re a Southern Hemisphere baby like me but I know that’s literally IMPOSSIBLE for you all to wrap your little heads around so don’t worry about it!!).

I made everything with friends here in New Zealand. My best mate Ophelia took the cover photo, lying on the sand as I leapt over her, both of us laughing. The director who made my first ever music video, Joel, helped me create the videos, building an entire cinematic universe that I can’t wait for you to see. I made something that encapsulates where I’m from — my family, my girlfriends, my outdoors, my constant ruminations, and my unending search for the divine.

There’s SO much more detail to come — a truly comical amount of detail, honestly. You can look to the natural calendar for clues. I’m trying to listen to what’s out there more, and the vibe I got was that you’re ready for this, that you need it. I want this album to be your summer companion, the one you pump on the drive to the beach. The one that lingers on your skin like a tan as the months get cooler again.

Today’s the only solar eclipse of the year, did you know that? Feels right.

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LET’S GO

SOLAR POWER TODAY — TOMORROW — FOREVER

ELLA XX"

Reality

I like the music video quite a bit, but the song's just not it for me. I like the pre-chorus and the outro, but I think it's a pretty bad lead comeback single if I'm gonna be honest. I can see this as one of weaker songs on the album, that they decided to release as the lead for some reason, when they had like 6 other songs that could've done the trick.

🃏🖤👹

Archived