Watch THE Speech

other

First Barbie collection made from recycled ocean-bound plastic

Lady Ava Gaga Max

Featured Posts

Lady Ava Gaga Max

On Thursday, Mattel announced a new doll line, Barbie Loves the Ocean - the first of its kind made from recycled ocean-bound plastic.

The collection features three dolls whose bodies are made from 90% recycled ocean-bound plastic parts, as well as a Beach Shack playset and accessories, which are made from over 90% recycled plastic.

Mattel said the new collection, which varies in price from $9.99-$19.99, aligns with its goal of achieving 100% recycled, recyclable or bio-based plastic materials across all of its products and packaging by 2030.

souce source

barbie03.jpgbarbie04.jpg1618575064_youloveit_com_barbie_loves_th1618575059_youloveit_com_barbie_loves_th1618575014_youloveit_com_barbie_loves_th

Edited by Lady Ava Gaga Max
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 9
HermioneT

Mh, I'm working in toys (science kits), too, and it seems not very imaginable to me that they are really able to produce these dolls with recycled plastic at such a low price point! I can't imagine that this is possible - unless they're taking in the additional costs as investment in the future ( or I just can't imagine the sheer numbers of dolls they produce:huntyga:). So, hopefully not a greenwashing campaign!

I can see it in you face / you don't think I pull my weight
NicoB
1 hour ago, Lady Ava Gaga Max said:

On Thursday, Mattel announced a new doll line, Barbie Loves the Ocean - the first of its kind made from recycled ocean-bound plastic.

The collection features three dolls whose bodies are made from 90% recycled ocean-bound plastic parts, as well as a Beach Shack playset and accessories, which are made from over 90% recycled plastic.

Mattel said the new collection, which varies in price from $9.99-$19.99, aligns with its goal of achieving 100% recycled, recyclable or bio-based plastic materials across all of its products and packaging by 2030.

souce source

barbie03.jpgbarbie04.jpg1618575064_youloveit_com_barbie_loves_th1618575059_youloveit_com_barbie_loves_th1618575014_youloveit_com_barbie_loves_th

Nowadays barbies are so cheap looking:interestinga:

A MESS
50 minutes ago, HermioneT said:

Mh, I'm working in toys (science kits), too, and it seems not very imaginable to me that they are really able to produce these dolls with recycled plastic at such a low price point! I can't imagine that this is possible - unless they're taking in the additional costs as investment in the future ( or I just can't imagine the sheer numbers of dolls they produce:huntyga:). So, hopefully not a greenwashing campaign!

it's still mass produced globally distributed plastic. the only green dolls are husk dolls made by your local grandma :haroon:

BUtterfield 8

I mean they’re only doing this for this specific line so it kinda defeats the purpose