Jump to content

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

news

House of Gucci will premier during September film festivals


Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

Guys... I think the Gucci era will be even better than we imagine it to be. I have a really good feeling about this.

put on your shades 'cause I'll be dancing in the flames
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Tinnitus15

    6

  • RAMROD

    4

  • MotherOfPuppies

    2

  • GucciGa

    2

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s too soon.A trailer coming next month I think

There can be 2 socially distanced people in a room 

Another premiere season is coming 

5 hours ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

Trailer for ASIB came in June for an October release, so we could be getting a trailer for this anytime now with a November release.

I think releasing that trailer and having all that hype so long before the Oscars is what ruined their chances at winning. ASIB "peaked" too early in the awards season and it never recovered. It was good for its box office, not so good for its Oscars hopes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
James Gibson
5 hours ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

Trailer for ASIB came in June for an October release, so we could be getting a trailer for this anytime now with a November release.

It's very possible but depends on the studio strategy.

For some reason I see this one taking a little longer for a trailer so it doesn't hype too soon. Maybe even close to the festival releases in august/september.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
DiamondHeart326
42 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

I think releasing that trailer and having all that hype so long before the Oscars is what ruined their chances at winning. ASIB "peaked" too early in the awards season and it never recovered. It was good for its box office, not so good for its Oscars hopes.

😬 that's not what happened at all. It just wasn't a groundbreaking role. The award is best actress and even though she was amazing it's just not a role that she hadn't already played her entire life cuz she is a musician. This time there's an actual character, a real life character at that, and I think if she is as good as she has been in American horror story and asib then this time she is a shoe in. I mean Glenn Close was amazing in the wife. The competition this year doesn't so far seem so great but I'm sure there's movies not on my radar yet but still I see this being good for her. Fall releases aren't usually when the timing curse happens it's usually the movies at the beginning of the eligibility period like summer movies usually late fall and xmas day releases do best. Like black swan came out on xmas day, but tbh Natalie Portman was insanity in that role she nailed it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So it’s a similar schedule to ASIB

I was going through a hard time before ASIB came out and I remember the excitement of the build up, the outfits, the buzz, the interviews. It was a real pleasure to watch and made me feel so much better. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinnitus15
24 minutes ago, DiamondHeart326 said:

The competition this year doesn't so far seem so great but I'm sure there's movies not on my radar yet but still I see this being good for her

Actually the competition is pretty rough.Lots of publications say that Frances McDormand for Tragedy of Macbeth or Jenifer Hudson playing Aretha Franklin will win 

Link to post
Share on other sites
LastNight

Yeah I agree, I don’t think ASIB’s lack of awards success has to do with it peaking too soon because of the trailer release time.

Gaga is amazing in it, she did a phenomenal job (especially for her first leading movie role) but the film itself is quite weak in a lot of ways - it’s really noticeable when you do a rewatch and the thrill of seeing Gaga and hearing the music for the first time is gone. Bradley did a great job as a first time director, and it has some really brilliant moments, but it didn’t deserve any more wins than it got. The soundtrack was absolutely fantastic and really elevated the entire thing imo.

It would be cool if they did leave it a little longer for Gucci though, and just released a short teaser and a poster in July and then a full trailer mid-late August. Things move so quickly nowadays so maybe a tighter schedule is better? Who knows - I’ll take whatever we get :laughga:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all, I know it is easy to get inflated sense of ego rn after the last time. But we need to still keep calm.

Also, don't forget that Ridley Scott have a very patchy reputation with his movies. He is hot and cold. Even the one franchise that he originally made famous for.  We hope for the best of course!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiamondHeart326 said:

😬 that's not what happened at all. It just wasn't a groundbreaking role. 

You missed out on all the press that was predicting ASIB to sweep several categories. In the end, only Song won, and I think every awards season watcher would argue it peaked too early. This happens often and is the reason why Oscar contenders started releasing later and later, closer to the actual Awards.

Edited by thehanyo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just A Holy Fool

I am not ready for the red carpet looks. They are going all in with this one... 

Ridley has never won Best Director... this could be his last chance at 84 years old. If the film is really well received, he may be the front runner. 

Edited by Just A Holy Fool
Link to post
Share on other sites
OMonster
1 hour ago, LastNight said:

Yeah I agree, I don’t think ASIB’s lack of awards success has to do with it peaking too soon because of the trailer release time.

Gaga is amazing in it, she did a phenomenal job (especially for her first leading movie role) but the film itself is quite weak in a lot of ways - it’s really noticeable when you do a rewatch and the thrill of seeing Gaga and hearing the music for the first time is gone. Bradley did a great job as a first time director, and it has some really brilliant moments, but it didn’t deserve any more wins than it got. The soundtrack was absolutely fantastic and really elevated the entire thing imo.

I completely agree. 

I rewatched it for the first time in maybe a year or so a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't finish it. I was so bored. 

Honestly, watch it from the perspective of a non-Gaga fan, and it's not that good. Gaga's performance was impressive but the narrative structure of the film was all over the place and so messy. It moved so fast... and then too slowly. I didn't believe in the relationship between Ally and Jackson, either. It felt so false to me. 

I also felt like the whole thing was so meta and unreal. Ally's manager being called Bobby, Ritchie's cameo, the 'nose' thing, the record label being Interscope... it was all too much. I'd probably give the film a 6/10 if I'm really being honest with myself. 

I'm very optimistic about House of Gucci, though. Ridley Scott is more experienced than Bradley and I think this role will actually shine Gaga in a different light. I'm so excited. 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...