MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Solar eclipse 2021 - 'ring of fire' will be seen in Northern Hemisphere

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

hypatia-h_15f95c481ee29d26453f10f1cf03ab

On June 10, millions of people across large parts of the Northern Hemisphere will be able to witness the majesty of a solar eclipse. Depending on where you live, you may see either a stunning ring of fire known as an annular eclipse or a partial solar eclipse, with a portion of the sun covered by the moon.

A solar eclipse happens when the moon crosses between the sun and the Earth, which blocks a portion of the sun's rays, according to NASA.

This eclipse is an annular eclipse, meaning the moon is far enough away from the Earth that it appears smaller than the sun.

When the moon crosses paths with the fiery star, it will look smaller than the sun, leaving room for bright light to glow around the edges. This is called "the ring of fire" and will be visible to some people in Greenland, northern Russia and Canada, NASA said.

The path of annularity -- which traces where the ring of fire is visible -- will begin over the northern United States, then cross over the Arctic before finishing in northeastern Russia, the Farmers' Almanac said.

The moon will begin to cover the sun at 4:12 a.m. ET (1:42 p.m. IST in India) on June 10, according to Farmers' Almanac.

The annular eclipse starts at 5:50 a.m. ET (3:20 p.m. IST), is at its greatest at 6:42 a.m. ET (4:12 p.m. IST) and ends at 7:34 a.m. ET (5:04 p.m. IST). Finally, the partial eclipse ends at 9:11 a.m. ET (6:41 p.m. IST).

For more specific times related to your geographic location, check out TimeAndDate.com.

220px-SE2021Jun10A.gif

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/09/world/watch-solar-eclipse-june-2021-scn/index.htmlhttps://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/solar-eclipse-will-create-a-rare-crescent-sunrise-for-millions-of-viewers

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Shook 2
  • FfFfFfFF changed the title to Solar eclipse 2021 - 'ring of fire' will be seen in Northern Hemisphere
vpez

that's so cool, I'll try to take some pictures with my camera

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.
bionic

Why does the ring visibility stretch out so much when it crosses the Great Lakes but not over the Atlantic? #Ringspiracy

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • LMAO 2
FfFfFfFF

Map of places where it will be visible: 

SE2021Jun10Aglobal.png

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
alsemanche

Lorde's promo is getting out of hand

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 10
  • YAAAS 3
alsemanche

Of course it's cloudy af outside today :selena:

Wait it's not visible here anyways 

Edited by alsemanche
TSUNAMI
15 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

My coworkers are asking why I'm screaming so much and I dont know how to explain this comment :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 2
Sneaky Oliver

You guys from the North hemisphere always get to see all the eclipses :noparty: South cant never win anything huh 

𝔏𝔲𝔫𝔞𝔯 𝔓𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯
alsemanche
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

The way I manifested it :toofunny:

ororo munroe
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

I came to this thread just for this comment :ally:

• YAAAS 1
alsemanche

I'm watching the live stream on youtube and the live chat... everyone screaming apocalypse and praying to jesus to save us :bear:

Fan Favorite
8 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Map of places where it will be visible: 

SE2021Jun10Aglobal.png

What an f-ing racist. Deliberately avoiding  Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa :dom: