💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Loki - Now on Disney+

River

Featured Posts

Reality

Okay, so I have a lot of thoughts on this episode...

Spoiler

First of all, I'm so happy that it's officially confirmed that we're getting more seasons. IIRC, I believe it was rumored that was the case, but we've never had official confirmation until now. With the way this season ended, we need more ASAP!

So for those who don't know, "He Who Remains" is Kang the Conqueror. In the comics, he's basically an all-powerful time-traveling villain. Even before this show started, he was confirmed to be in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, so his appearance here isn't the biggest surprise. Overall, I thought his introduction was great and while I was a little hesitant on Majors' performance at first, I grew to really like it. I was expecting Kang to be more poised and stoic, but I like the energy Majors gave the character. Also, this is just a little thing, but I love his outfit lol

However, if I'm being 100% honest here, I'm more excited about what this episode sets up for the future of the MCU rather than the episode itself. I know that's probably an unpopular opinion, but that's just how I feel. The episode itself was slow and there was a ton of dialogue—much more than I expected. Like I said, it does a FANTASTIC job of setting up the multiverse and all of that (which is really cool!), but as a standalone episode, it was kinda "meh."

I heard that this show was actually supposed to be 12 episodes instead of 6, but that they ended up splitting it into two seasons. If that's true, then that makes sense as to why this season ended on such a huge cliffhanger. There's still a lot of things that need to be explored and explained. Season 2 can't come soon enough!

Also, that jumpscare from Miss Minutes! I had the same reaction to that as the bomb from WandaVision in Episode 8 lol

I'm interested to see how casual viewers react to this finale. For a lot of comic books fans, we're all excited and giddy because of all the amazing multiverse stuff this sets up; however, I can see a lot of casuals being veeeeery confused and off-put by this episode.

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
20 minutes ago, Reality said:

Hide contents

First of all, I'm so happy that it's officially confirmed that we're getting more seasons. IIRC, I believe it was rumored that was the case, but we've never had official confirmation until now. With the way this season ended, we need more ASAP!

So for those who don't know, "He Who Remains" is Kang the Conqueror. In the comics, he's basically an all-powerful time-traveling villain. Even before this show started, he was confirmed to be in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, so his appearance here isn't the biggest surprise. Overall, I thought his introduction was great and while I was a little hesitant on Majors' performance at first, I grew to really like it. I was expecting Kang to be more poised and stoic, but I like the energy Majors gave the character. Also, this is just a little thing, but I love his outfit lol

However, if I'm being 100% honest here, I'm more excited about what this episode sets up for the future of the MCU rather than the episode itself. I know that's probably an unpopular opinion, but that's just how I feel. The episode itself was slow and there was a ton of dialogue—much more than I expected. Like I said, it does a FANTASTIC job of setting up the multiverse and all of that (which is really cool!), but as a standalone episode, it was kinda "meh."

I heard that this show was actually supposed to be 12 episodes instead of 6, but that they ended up splitting it into two seasons. If that's true, then that makes sense as to why this season ended on such a huge cliffhanger. There's still a lot of things that need to be explored and explained. Season 2 can't come soon enough!

Also, that jumpscare from Miss Minutes! I had the same reaction to that as the bomb from WandaVision in Episode 8 lol

I'm interested to see how casual viewers react to this finale. For a lot of comic books fans, we're all excited and giddy because of all the amazing multiverse stuff this sets up; however, I can see a lot of casuals being veeeeery confused and off-put by this episode.

Spoiler

Well, a little correction.

He Who Remain is himself in MCU. Kang is one of his variants that he keeps saying as the more evil alternate version of him.

And by the end of this episode, we saw that the timeline have reset or perhaps distorted, hence Mobius and Hunter B-15 doesn't remember who Loki is, and then it was made obvious when we were shown that statue of Kang in his classic attire from the comics, hinting that Kang must be the culprit of this.

I see that as a brilliant rewrite from what we know of the source material since it fits.

With this, kinda think Loki and Kang might be doing a cameo in No Way Home tbh, since Loki is now confirmed to be participating on Doctor Strange Multiverse Of Madness :woot:

We are definitely gonna get these panels realized into live action, right??! :giveup:

IMG-3651.jpg

IMG-3636.jpg

It sure does exciting tho! Back when Endgame was released, I remember James Gunn said the new phases after that point will largely sets in space, seeing what happened so far with the Phase 4, it does seems to be that way, (i.e: The Eternals, No Way Home, Doctor Sttange 2, Ant-Man 3, Fantastic 4, etc.)

With few others seems to be still gonna be Earth based such as She-Hulk, Blade, Captain America 3, Black Panther 2?

Not sure what Shang-Chi gonna lead, maybe those 10 rings might be told as some space entities the way infinity stones were? Perhaps that was why it was redesigned as bracelets instead of actual rings the way it was shown in the comics? Perhaps Feige understood that the locals would be busy comparing it to the gauntlet and infinity stones if it was another rings? That would be a bad press that Feige will try to avoid.

Also, the possibilities that these multiverses might be how they will introduce X-Men in. :bradley:

Wonder what big event all these gonna end up in. Would be so fun if it will end up in another big event in comics auch as Secret War, whew! :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reality
11 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Hide contents

Well, a little correction.

He Who Remain is himself in MCU. Kang is one of his variants that he keeps saying as the more evil alternate version of him.

And by the end of this episode, we saw that the timeline have reset or perhaps distorted, hence Mobius and Hunter B-15 doesn't remember who Loki is, and then it was made obvious when we were shown that statue of Kang in his classic attire from the comics, hinting that Kang must be the culprit of this.

I see that as a brilliant rewrite from what we know of the source material since it fits.

With this, kinda think Loki and Kang might be doing a cameo in No Way Home tbh, since Loki is now confirmed to be participating on Doctor Strange Multiverse Of Madness :woot:

We are definitely gonna get these panels realized into live action, right??! :giveup:

IMG-3651.jpg

IMG-3636.jpg

It sure does exciting tho! Back when Endgame was released, I remember James Gunn said the new phases after that point will largely sets in space, seeing what happened so far with the Phase 4, it does seems to be that way, (i.e: The Eternals, No Way Home, Doctor Sttange 2, Ant-Man 3, Fantastic 4, etc.)

With few others seems to be still gonna be Earth based such as She-Hulk, Blade, Captain America 3, Black Panther 2?

Not sure what Shang-Chi gonna lead, maybe those 10 rings might be told as some space entities the way infinity stones were? Perhaps that was why it was redesigned as bracelets instead of actual rings the way it was shown in the comics? Perhaps Feige understood that the locals would be busy comparing it to the gauntlet and infinity stones if it was another rings? That would be a bad press that Feige will try to avoid.

Also, the possibilities that these multiverses might be how they will introduce X-Men in. :bradley:

Wonder what big event all these gonna end up in. Would be so fun if it will end up in another big event in comics auch as Secret War, whew! :bradley:

Spoiler

Yeah, a few minutes after I wrote that response, I realized that He Who Remains isn't actually Kang, but instead a variant of Kang lol

Now that Loki might show up in Multiverse of Madness, I would love nothing more than to see him, Scarlet Witch, and Doctor Strange together! That would be so cool!!

As for Phase 4 in general, it definitely seems like Marvel is branching out in ways that they've never done before, and I'm so excited to see how they're going to handle it all. This phase already feels so much bigger and bolder than Phases 1-3 combined. They're really embracing the weird and the mystical with these shows/movies, and I hope that trend continues. Opening up the multiverse leads to literally limitless possibilities!

🃏🖤👹

Reality
8 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

:saladga:

Is that a good ":saladga:" or a bad ":saladga:"?  :sweat: 

🃏🖤👹

DelusionalGaga
Spoiler
3 hours ago, Reality said:

Hide contents

This is where I'm at tbh. As a comicbook nerd and overall MCU fan, I don't mind these D+ shows being a set-up for future Marvel projects. I'm here for all the referrences and easter eggs. But I'm really curious about how casual watchers feel about all of this. Revealing that Kang is behind everything was hardly surprising for us fans, but for others it was probably the equivalent of a random person turning out to be the killer in a horror movie. I can't imagine that it was a satisfying ending for occasional viewers.

Reality
1 hour ago, xlx said:
  Hide contents

This is where I'm at tbh. As a comicbook nerd and overall MCU fan, I don't mind these D+ shows being a set-up for future Marvel projects. I'm here for all the referrences and easter eggs. But I'm really curious about how casual watchers feel about all of this. Revealing that Kang is behind everything was hardly surprising for us fans, but for others it was probably the equivalent of a random person turning out to be the killer in a horror movie. I can't imagine that it was a satisfying ending for occasional viewers.

Spoiler

I'm totally with you there. Right now, I have very, very, very conflicted feelings about this episode. 

I love the bigger steps that Marvel's taking and I love that we've officially set up the multiverse in the MCU. That's where this episode shines; however, I just think the episode itself is pretty lackluster and boring. If I'm just judging the episodes themselves in relation to the series (and not the bigger MCU), I'd honestly say that this is my least favorite episode.

Yeah, and I'll be interested to see how casual viewers react to this. Most comic book fans will love it, and I think for a lot of casual viewers, they'll be intrigued to see what happens next, but the big reveal of "who's behind the curtain?" is sorta...lame. He's just kind of a random guy, and at best, we've only had small easter eggs to point to for his arrival. Casual fans aren't going to pick up on those things.

I'm just glad we're getting a season 2. This show's been really, really good, and there are still so many questions that we have left to answer. 

🃏🖤👹

Lumiere

Guys, this is a dumb question but

Spoiler

what exactly happened to the reset charges that Sylvie used to "bomb" the timeline in Ep. 2? What I understand is that they were sent to different locations on different time periods, causing the timeline to branch - but was that fixed by the TVA? I might have missed it but what were consequences of that "bombing"?

DelusionalGaga
1 hour ago, Lumiere said:

Guys, this is a dumb question but

Reveal hidden contents

what exactly happened to the reset charges that Sylvie used to "bomb" the timeline in Ep. 2? What I understand is that they were sent to different locations on different time periods, causing the timeline to branch - but was that fixed by the TVA? I might have missed it but what were consequences of that "bombing"?

Spoiler

Well, I think she bombed the timeline to cause a distraction, while she was planning to go up the elevator to kill the time keepers. But you are totally right in that they completely abandoned that thing the very next episode and never mentioned it again. My guess is that they sent out a bunch of TVA agents who pruned all the branches. Either the writers completely forgot to address it or perhaps they had to cut out a scene which showed them solving this problem. 

River

no no no non on no no nonononon

why I'm coming to the post all the time and almost reading spoilers

ahhh 5 hours to go :fatcat:

watching after dinner

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Reality
36 minutes ago, River said:

no no no non on no no nonononon

why I'm coming to the post all the time and almost reading spoilers

ahhh 5 hours to go :fatcat:

watching after dinner

I need to know your thoughts about the finale :giveup: 

🃏🖤👹

River
1 hour ago, Reality said:

I need to know your thoughts about the finale :giveup: 

oh I miscalculated now it's 4 hours to go :fatcat:

I want to right my essay so much lol

River

oooooooooooooook

so

Spoiler

the ending was super exciting and that... it?

I mean, yeah Kang, yeah wow awesome.

But then it's just a one episode of a 1 dialogue and nothing major happens.. and pretty much everything I expected happened because it was predictable, the downside of the show was that they made every Loki predictable to his wishes, decisions and actions, which kinda killed the final, which was like: "kill me" "no don't kill him" "I must" "no no" "byeeee" "oh no she's gonna kill me" *kills him* *everything's messy*

so I'm honestly kinda disappointed but yet so excited..

This kinda confirms that the order had to be:

Black Widow - Falcon + winder Soldier - WandaVision - Loki - WandaVision's after credit scene of last episode

Reality
3 hours ago, River said:

oooooooooooooook

so

Reveal hidden contents

the ending was super exciting and that... it?

I mean, yeah Kang, yeah wow awesome.

But then it's just a one episode of a 1 dialogue and nothing major happens.. and pretty much everything I expected happened because it was predictable, the downside of the show was that they made every Loki predictable to his wishes, decisions and actions, which kinda killed the final, which was like: "kill me" "no don't kill him" "I must" "no no" "byeeee" "oh no she's gonna kill me" *kills him* *everything's messy*

so I'm honestly kinda disappointed but yet so excited..

This kinda confirms that the order had to be:

Black Widow - Falcon + winder Soldier - WandaVision - Loki - WandaVision's after credit scene of last episode

Spoiler

I think that's partly why I disliked this episode. From a world-building perspective, it's amazing. Like, this show is now on Infinity War/Endgame levels of crazy. Formally opening up the multiverse to the MCU is something people have been wanting or a long, long time, and now it's finally happening, so that's super exciting.

That said, as a standalone episode, it was kinda boring. Some people had thi problem with episode 3, but I thought that as a standalone episode, this was the worst one of the series. There was too much dialogue and exposition without anything significant happening. It's ironic, really. The way this first season ended felt like everything happened, but that nothing happened. 

There was also no closure to anything. Like, I understand that they purposefully left this season off at a cliffhanger, but there was 0 closure to any character. There's still so much to explore with these characters that these six episodes didn't do.

🃏🖤👹

Archived