Jump to content
politics

Is AOC president material?


Is AOC president material?  

231 members have voted

  1. 1. Is AOC president material?

    • Yup
      110
    • Nope
      50
    • We'll have to wait
      71


Featured Posts

Economy
3 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

I agree with you to some agree, but the whole US system is literally built on blood and war :smh: 

that aside, but do u think that these ideas will never see daylight regardless if she wants them or not. It doesn’t make her extreme left. Extreme left is someone asking to ban freedom  or ban religion or communism. The notion of extreme left is being pushed by the right and corporates in order to create mass fear of the left. 
While in fact non of these progressives are anywhere close to what most “centrists” are brainwashed to believe in.

Putting extreme right and left on the same plate is offensive. Comparing Trump and his allies who banned a whole sector of POC and openly wants racist to people who are trying to find ways to make the poor live regardless if the method is correct is very offensive   

When i said shes too far left i didnt mean "extreme" as if she was some fanatical. I merely mean her policies are at a threshold that go further left than what i believe would be the ideal balance thats my point

 

Also im stricly talking about economics here not overall politics

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Economy

    17

  • Aphasic

    17

  • Enigma

    10

  • Aphroditus

    9

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, she’s too far left for me and many other Americans 

Yes the only answer is yes - impeach Biden immediately and replace him w her now /closethread 

Who am I to argue with democracy?  my hands are tied Lo siento to everyone else

PartySick
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Also im stricly talking about economics here

You act like your name is Economy or something :neyde:

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
  • LMAO 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphasic
17 minutes ago, Economy said:

But a little off topic, if the US spent a lot less on military that alone would make tax rates like this not even necessairy to pay for these social benefits

 

Because the US wastes so much on military it cannot pay for these social programs without a higher tax rate than other Nations

This might help you undestand why the USA spends so much on military and sort of why the USA creating NATO has backfired for them. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphroditus
1 minute ago, Economy said:

When i said shes too far left i didnt mean "extreme" as if she was some fanatical. I merely mean her policies are at a threshold that go further left than what i believe would be the ideal balance thats my point

 

Also im stricly talking about economics here not overall politics

I understand your pov, no worries :runhug:

Being a president is not only economical but it has political implications. All I am saying the spectrum is very right that a very left shift should happen in order to give more stage presence for upcoming politicians that might have more ideal solutions. Again, being middle in such uneven situation helps the evil right. 
 

Probably as a Canadian you dont see that but for the US it is much needed 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphasic
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

You act like your name is Economy or something :neyde:

:billie:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fan Favorite

She supports good policies and understands that politics isn’t a game of bulldozing through everyone to get your way - matter how much progressives want to blame her for not trashing the Democratic establishment. You don’t become president by making an enemy out of everyone. 
 

I love Bernie and part of his appeal was that we was very transparent about everything... he single handedly inspired more people to keep their faith in electoral politics (otherwise i guarantee there would be more people today who believe in the Q conspiracies). 
However, he would be president right now if he knew how to play the game better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Aphroditus
1 minute ago, Fan Favorite said:

However, he would be president right now if he knew how to play the game better. 

That would mean he has to bend over to the establishment, which is against his values

Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
2 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

All I am saying the spectrum is very right that a very left shift should happen in order to give more stage presence for upcoming politicians that might have more ideal solutions. Again, being middle in such uneven situation helps the evil right. 

I feel like that leftward shift will come down (on me, water like socialism) as the boomers start to...well...die :poot:

Gen X is more moderate than boomers are and most moderate millennials are left-leaning in comparison. Gen Z is coming of voting age and they're all socialists :laughga:

It's only a matter of time tbh. Not to mention most prominent Republican politicians are terribly old themselves. While we have quite a few rising stars with bright futures on the left the GOP has...Trump's kids (grifters, racists, crooks), Matt Gaetz (pedo), and that Greene woman (there's not enough time in a day to list what's wrong with her :messga:).

We talk about a "blue wave" every two years but we're actually about to flood this bitch :firega:

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
9 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

I understand your pov, no worries :runhug:

Being a president is not only economical but it has political implications. All I am saying the spectrum is very right that a very left shift should happen in order to give more stage presence for upcoming politicians that might have more ideal solutions. Again, being middle in such uneven situation helps the evil right. 
 

Probably as a Canadian you dont see that but for the US it is much needed 

I get what ur saying a. I guess im saying more in the sense as her policies in pure form as in if she actually got to pass everything she wanted. Again im especially weary about Corporate taxes that go too high cuz i think ppl oversimplify the idea idea that corporation=rich people without taking into account how public they are and therefore how tax changes there directly affect everyone. When it comes to personal taxes on individuals im not as afraid of very high rates (although i still think 70% Federally that would surpass 80% in most States is still a bit much)

 

Also Canada has its own issues its not as perfect as some Americans think. Even our "free healthcare" is not as Universal as in much of Europe for example. Many segments of healthcare here are actually privatized and not part of Universal system and its not a small list

 

Dental care

Vision care

Physio (in most cases)

Phychologists (in most cases)

Some types of specialists

Prescriptions

Personal medical equipment

 

All the stuff above is mostly privatized. In some cases some individuals may qualify for government covarage depending but its stuff that is not generally payed by government

 

Also like the US the ultra rich also pay low taxes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HuffsAhoy
24 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Every but of this though? Tea :flower:

House Speaker AOC would have every Repugnant and timid Dems' balls in her purse :flower:

Then have Stacey Abrams run and win a GA senate seat and make her the senate majority leader :flower:

Manifesting this so hard :pray:

Rain on Me
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Benji
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I feel like that leftward shift will come down (on me, water like socialism) as the boomers start to...well...die :poot:

Gen X is more moderate than boomers are and most moderate millennials are left-leaning in comparison. Gen Z is coming of voting age and they're all socialists :laughga:

It's only a matter of time tbh. Not to mention most prominent Republican politicians are terribly old themselves. While we have quite a few rising stars with bright futures on the left the GOP has...Trump's kids (grifters, racists, crooks), Matt Gaetz (pedo), and that Greene woman (there's not enough time in a day to list what's wrong with her :messga:).

We talk about a "blue wave" every two years but we're actually about to flood this bitch :firega:

Well, the saying goes “If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain” and that’s because people do tend to start leaning to the right as they age.

I’ve become more Conservative over the years.  I was a full blown communist at one point but now I’m doing well in my career and own property, I don’t want to bankroll people.  Whilst I still vote for the left leaning parties, I know if they started wanting to raise taxes and give more handouts then I’d quite easily switch to a more Conservative party.

  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayCristoforo
17 hours ago, Aphroditus said:

Like what? Everyone is saying she is extreme, in what sense? Asking for colleague debts to be over is extreme? Standing up for POC and poor is extreme? What is it then? 

Sadly yes. Although I love it, being passionate for the underdog is an “extremity” in the US, and that sucks. Even though it just seems like the right thing to do. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.
Link to post
Share on other sites
holy scheisse
On 6/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, TheOriginalOne said:

If Donald Trump was president material then even my dog is president material 

if DT was pres... then the scheisse stains on my toilet bowl are president material:enigma:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alcina Dimitrescu

She refused to denounce Maduro and blamed Venezuelan crisis on American interventionalism. So i hope she doesn't

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...