231 members have voted

1. 1. Is AOC president material?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • We'll have to wait

Featured Posts

Monsterabriel
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

I have no issue with ppl supporting AOC cuz everyone is entitled to their opinion and to be fair i give her credit on her determination and strength of character and integrity

But i dont like when ppl suggest that just because i dont support Bernie or AOC that it means i must support the current system or that i favour corporists or something... like u dont necessairily have to support one end of the spectrum or the other, theres a lot in between. Like im complaining of the heat wave at work cuz i dont like heat it doesnt mean I want a winter blizzard snowstorm either :messga:

The way i view it most policies (including taxes) have a point where the pros vs cons reach a maximum net benefit. Like a parabola not going far enough u dont hit the peak but going past it, the net positive effect starts to drop... 

Furthermore as circumstances change and evovle i believe the goldilocks amount for taxes abd regulation with the maximal net benefit may also change over time and isnt a set in stone amount and its tough to determine exactly what the perfect income tax rates, Corporate tax rates, Capital gains tax rates etc with the max net benefit are... further more how well the Government uses tax funds would also factor in the benefit vs cost to economy of any given amount

While i couldnt possibly come up with a precise number. Im quite sure the current rates for the rich are too low, but that Bernies and AOCs surpass that peak of net benefit and are too high

I would vote for Kamala tbh if she runs in 2024

My biggest enemy is me pop a 911
  • YAAAS 2
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Aphasic

• Enigma

• Aphroditus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, she’s too far left for me and many other Americans 

Yes the only answer is yes - impeach Biden immediately and replace him w her now /closethread 

Who am I to argue with democracy?  my hands are tied Lo siento to everyone else

Aphasic
1 minute ago, Monsterabriel said:

I would vote for Kamala tbh if she runs in 2024

Me too and she'll probably choose a more progressive VP. (I think) 

• YAAAS 1
PartySick
7 minutes ago, Aphasic said:

Do you believe that every American should have healthcare and labor rights and the taxation should benefit the country as a whole not just a few?

I think my biggest issue right now is employee rights. Healthcare is a close second (a fifth of my paycheck and almost half of every bonus is taken by the government but I still have to pay for my own healthcare and others still don't have any :smh:) but there needs to be some S E R I O U S work done to help American workers get ahead.

We're one of the most productive workforces in the developed world, we work longer hours, and yet we have awful work-life balance, abysmal pay, pitiful benefits (family leave, insurance, sick leave), and despite legislation being in place to prevent discrimination, it's still rampant. Especially in "right to work" states where employers don't legally have to provide a reason for termination.

Being promoted to management has really opened my eyes to how f*cking stupid corporations can be and how the people working in stores, warehouses, kitchens, etc are screwed over relentlessly for greed. The CEO of the company I work for makes over a hundred times what I make in pure salary alone and that's not even taking into account other benefits and assets :smh: like, how much money does one f*cking person need?! :smh: how can you justify sitting there with a 9+ figure bank account and taking strides to accumulate even more wealth while so many people are barely scraping by? :air: the fact that there are people like that who exist is a total failure of humanity.

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
  • Like 5
Economy
20 minutes ago, Aphasic said:

Nice article but it doesnt really have anything to do with my point

First of all a 30% tax is low and is not something id even agree with for the rich and their investments. Again just just because i think Bernie or AOC go too far doesnt mean i support regressive (or even just flat) taxes either. Ur looking at it like if you dont go all way black you must be all way white... like there is a wide spectrum grey in between both tints

Secondly France has been struggling for years and rich getting richer can have a lot of volatility including how world markets are doing so going back onky 2018 i wouldnt use as any kind of proof for arguing 1 side or the other

Edited by Economy
  • Thanks 1
FATCAT

I think she eventually could be, I think it's premature to think about that right now though.

Purr more, hiss less.
FATCAT
1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

Apparently Trump was, so anyone can.

Everyone will be able to top his admin, even a half-confident dunce would be able to top that.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1
PartySick
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Everyone will be able to top his admin, even a half-confident dunce would be able to top that.

So when are you going to run, fatty? :fan:

Spoiler

YOU CAN'T BAN ME IF I BAN YOU FIRST :dom:

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
Aphasic
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I agree with u here but agreeing the tax system is unfair and that everyone should get free healthcare doesnt mean i agree with thresholds as high as Bernie and AOC have proposed either

U kinda sound like ur implying that if we think AOC is too far left that we automatically have to approve of the status quo. But theres such a huge range to fall into of the ststus quo vs an AOC and things as they are now

We need to go further left. I just think she is too much

Corporate taxes in particular id be careful with. Im more comfortable with big hikes on the wealthy individuals themselves but high Corporate taxes everyone ends uo paying for it, its not really a tax on the wealthy specifically and i dont think most people understand that

Bidens plan of 28% and removal of some loopholes sounds great... 35% to me starts to get a little high especially if u factor in theres State taxes to add to that so in reality would be well over 40% in most States

Do you really think, honestly, that anyone in the world needs to have a wealth of 185 billion dollars (Bezos' approx net worth)? Like deep inside you do you really think is helpful to society to have 755 billionaires worldwide with a combined net worth of 13.1 trillion dollars? I know 40% is a lot but they would still remain obscenely wealthy is not like they'll start begging for money on the streets. I understand you think AOC policies/opinions are too much but so are the huge disavatanges of our current system. In my opinion you either do something that actually will change and help or don't try to "mildly" fix the issue because at the end that's mediocre and does nothing.

We have to accept that at times radical changes have to happen for positive things to come out. I.e. Martin Luther King didn't half ass worked to get things done, he went on full force because he knew that if change was going to come out of his fight he needed to be very clear: we won't tolerate disrespect and segregation and that won't be up for discussion. 

It's the same thing AOC is doing. She's not trying to make friends with corrupted politicians, she's trying to help the USA and get the best possible result for the majority (you know those who don't belong to the 1%). So she's being loud and clear with her message: Corporations must stop from taking advantage of USA Americans and she's not putting that up for discussion because facts speak for themselves, the system is one sided. 

But I understand too that just because someone disagrees with her it doesn't mean you don't want a positive change as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Reputation King
1 hour ago, Aphasic said:

Do you believe that every American should have healthcare and labor rights and the taxation should benefit the country as a whole not just a few

I think obviously everyone should have access to good health care and obviously the tax system needs reworking but there’s a lot more than just that stuff when it comes to AOC. I agree with some of the other people in this thread when they say just cause I think AOC is too far left doesn’t mean I’m contempt with how things are. Look I’m a moderate Democrat but even I know that we need to a little more progressive than we currently are. I just don’t know if I personally would want someone as far as aoc

Edited by Reputation King
When it’s dark outside you’re always the light
Enigma
2 hours ago, Reputation King said:

Nah, she’s too far left for me and many other Americans 

ew

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Reputation King
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

ew

Are we not allowed to have different political views? There are some things I agree with her on and others I don’t.

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light
  • Like 3
LG666

She could be, in a few years or a decade. I like a lot of her beliefs but I also think she's not experienced enough quite yet. I also think sometimes she's a bit too far left, and don't believe in people "stanning" a politician.

She has flaws, like any other person, but I think she deserves a place in leadership down the road to help make the world a better place.

Enigma
1 hour ago, Reputation King said:

Are we not allowed to have different political views? There are some things I agree with her on and others I don’t.

You are allowed to be wrong, sadly

BloodyMary08

Lady GaGa for president :icega:

You've got to earn your leather in this part of town