231 members have voted

1. 1. Is AOC president material?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • We'll have to wait

Featured Posts

Aphroditus
4 hours ago, thehanyo said:

This just shows how new you are to politics. Just because your bubble is as far left as AOC does not mean you can project that onto the entire country. You're the one being delusional. AOC couldn't win a statewide race in New York or California, let alone the entire country. I would love for the country to be as far left as her, but only a delusional neophyte would think she could win any nationwide contest.

Only 23% of Americans have a favorable view of AOC:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/28/18285533/aoc-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-poll-favorables-media

The question is about if she can be president not how likely she will be elected. Lol calling me names and pretending to know my background and social groups eventhough you dont how I look :bear: Proves my point most Americans are brainwashed by the far right and you will never move from your conservative governments 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aphasic

• Economy

• Enigma

• Aphroditus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, she’s too far left for me and many other Americans 

Yes the only answer is yes - impeach Biden immediately and replace him w her now /closethread 

Who am I to argue with democracy?  my hands are tied Lo siento to everyone else

Enigma
3 hours ago, Reputation King said:

You can’t tell me my political views are wrong. Again, it’s not black and white… i already mentioned that there are some things AOC believes in that I actually agree with. I identify as a moderate Democrat which isn’t wrong. 

Moderate Democrats are right wing. The right is never right. Easy as that 

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 1
Enigma
49 minutes ago, KORG said:

No, she is to far leaning in one direction.

Babes by any non-idiotic country’s standards she’s barely even left...

Plus I don’t see why you wanna keep acting like both directions are equally bad when conservatives have LITERALLY NEVER BEEN RIGHT ABOUT A SINGLE ISSUE EVER???

Centrists are something else 

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1
KORG
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Babes by any non-idiotic country’s standards she’s barely even left...

Plus I don’t see why you wanna keep acting like both directions are equally bad when conservatives have LITERALLY NEVER BEEN RIGHT ABOUT A SINGLE ISSUE EVER???

Centrists are something else 

Why I want to keep doing what?

WHERE?

Go move the histrionics elsewhere.

Aphroditus
5 hours ago, Pennywise said:

The US is like a right-wing economy with left-pretending right wing social policies:poot:

This

Reputation King
9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Guess I’m right wing then… and since I’m right wing that must mean I love people like McConnell and Donald Trump. In  all seriousness I’m Not sure why you’re so determined to put down others with different views as you. It’s not as black and white as you think 

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light
ShayCristoforo

I love her, but I believe her stances will create a lot of divisiveness. And her intentions can be pretty extreme at times, which make me question her impulsiveness and readiness to be objective/bi-partisan. Not quite a Daenerys Targaryen thing, but you know what I mean. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.
Economy
8 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

The consumer only ends up paying for it because the executives don’t wanna give up their outrageously high salaries. Higher corporate taxes without higher prices = cutting into executives’ salaries. Low wages for workers, corporate abuse of the planet, and corporate irresponsibility are all directly tied to low taxes on rich people (which most executives are). So long as there aren’t confiscatory taxes on rich people (think 1950’s style taxes), this is gonna keep happening; if taxes end up being confiscatory for the rich, then they’ll have no choice but to give in and stop trying to become as rich as they otherwise would if the taxes were lower (current rates). So instead of keeping all that extra money for themselves they would most likely give it to their workers since Uncle Sam would end up taking almost all of it past a certain threshold. This would also lead to higher corporate taxes being more tolerated by corporations like it was in the 1950’s.

If u put in a salary cap like has been proposed so that executives cant make more than a certain multiplication of the average worker that can work as far as executive pay goes

But regardless Corporate taxes dont target ONLY the rich like individual taxes do. If u raise them by too much consumers will likely pay more, and even if some of the cost is absorbed thru lower profits that still affects every day ppl thru stuff like pension funds. Ppl forget Corporations are public, the rich may disproportionately own more shares but the general public has a stake in them also

So while making them pay their fair share is one thing, raising them beyond a certsin point becomes coubter productive as theres too many offsetting factors in Corporate taxes to ever make a very significant debt in inequality by raising taxes there because it doesnt stay just with the rich, it ripples thru. U just lower competitiveness with maybe a marginal improvement in inequality, id say thats more harm than good. With taxes on individuals those effects are nearly negligeable

Id support 60% taxes on the ultra wealthy themselves or even more. But I would not support such a rate for businesses themselves even the largest Corporations

Edited by Economy
LandonM170

Literally yes! I mean if Bernie was able to run in 2024 (he can't seen Trump is not president thank god) AOC was gonna be a part of his campaign (if I am not mistaken), so YES!

AOC president 2028!! 

LandonM170
9 minutes ago, Reputation King said:

Guess I’m right wing then… and since I’m right wing that must mean I love people like McConnell and Donald Trump. In  all seriousness I’m Not sure why you’re so determined to put down others with different views as you. It’s not as black and white as you think 

There is so any people that are republicans or right wing that don't support Trump, so yeah.

• Thanks 2
Economy
27 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Well that sounds conceeded

• Like 1
Aphroditus
16 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

And her intentions can be pretty extreme at times,

Like what? Everyone is saying she is extreme, in what sense? Asking for colleague debts to be over is extreme? Standing up for POC and poor is extreme? What is it then? 

• Thanks 2
Reputation King
17 minutes ago, LandonM170 said:

There is so any people that are republicans or right wing that don't support Trump, so yeah.

I was just saying that moderate Democrats aren’t right wing. And just kinda saying if it’s that black and white to this person then they probably think that all right wing people support people like 45 and McConnell 

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light
  • LMAO 1