Watch THE Speech

politics

Kamala Harris bad week

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion
12 minutes ago, Aphasic said:

I agree with you. They (Biden/Harris) must have a very clear and well structured plan to stabilize the situation that (honestly) they (the USA) have created.

Not only a plan, but a good one. But they’re  centrist dems so I doubt they wanna properly end the drug war, stop trash trade deals and stop supporting coups…

• Like 1
PartySick
17 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

She can’t win for losing. She’s doing fine. 

She isn't though. Like the article says, the border situation and the voting rights act are her bread and butter right now but she's being dealt blows left and right.

Manchin's all but killed the voting rights bill, the border is an unfixable situation in all honesty (or at least one where no solution will satisfy everyone), the GOP attacks her because they can't touch Biden, and Biden is probably going to run for reelection which kills her chance at a 2024 run.

I like Kamala but they've got to do something to turn this around :noparty: that voting rights bill is the most important piece of legislation in this country atm. Without it, the GOP will continue to cheat and amass more and more power even though they represent fewer and fewer Americans.

Seeing voices 🖐️🖤
Aphasic
20 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

What was she supposed to say? Come one, come all? :trollga:

On April 12, America’s 719 billionaires held over four times more wealth ($4.56 trillion) than all the roughly 165 million Americans in society’s bottom half ($1.01 trillion). In 1990, the situation was reversed — billionaires were worth $240 billion and the bottom 50 percent had $380 billion in combined wealth.

719 people (billionaires) having FOUR TIMES MORE wealth than 165 million of USA Americans is a huge issue but it also tells you at how well this system works for the USA because as of March of 2021 (according to Forbes) the USA had 724 billionaires and Central America had 0. 

Aphasic
2 minutes ago, Aphasic said:

On April 12, America’s 719 billionaires held over four times more wealth ($4.56 trillion) than all the roughly 165 million Americans in society’s bottom half ($1.01 trillion). In 1990, the situation was reversed — billionaires were worth $240 billion and the bottom 50 percent had $380 billion in combined wealth.

719 people (billionaires) having FOUR TIMES MORE wealth than 165 million of USA Americans is a huge issue but it also tells you at how well this system works for the USA because as of March of 2021 (according to Forbes) the USA had 724 billionaires and Central America had 0. 

Sources:

https://inequality.org/great-divide/updates-billionaire-pandemic/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_billionaires

Meredith Grey
55 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I still can't stop thinking about how conservative got mad at her for no good reason after the "Enjoy the long weekend" tweet :smh:. I genuinely don't understand how that was offensive to veterans. If anything, it shows how a lot of conservatives like to use veterans for their political agenda.

I enjoyed my long weekend

Reject False Icons

Couldn’t agree more the USA has taken advantage of the whole continent, they have created a mess conveniently to dominate and interfere in all of the other countries.

Those countries who have invaded half of the world, that were created thanks to inmigration and now not only they don’t take responsibility but they don’t want immigration. Whew 21st century is such a prehistoric hipocritical mess

• Thanks 1
Gogo Yubari
1 hour ago, Aphasic said:

She also said: "and I believe if you come to our border you will be turned back". I don't like that attitude from leaders of top economies. It seems correct to use immigrants when it's convenient to them but turn them back when it's not. This applies to other top economies that bully poor countries to create commercial agreements that are one sided and don't do nothing for poor and developing countries therefore creating social and economical destabilization.

I definitely hear you on her lack of understanding of Central America and that the West needs to do more, but the problem is that governments have to take a hard line on immigration for a lot of reasons. That tidbit she said really needs to be expressed. We saw the Syrian refugee crisis ramp up in Europe after Angela Merkel (in good spirit) said she would welcome all refugees.

Immigrating illegally is a very dangerous operation and puts the illegal migrant's life at risk. No sensible government would want to give even the slightest approval of illegal crossings because it opens up a pandora's box.

The government also has a bigger responsibility to help the people in its borders too. Illegal immigration affects border cities, especially when it comes to wages and employment as a new undocumented workforce appears who will work for less (and offer employers some illegal tax perks). This isn't fair on anyone, including illegal migrants who now are stuck in that system and are easily exploited.

Governments can try stop employers from doing this, but you'd need to ramp up on high surveillance on businesses - something the US and most Western countries wouldn't dream of doing and would be incredibly expensive/detrimental to entrepreneurship. 

I don't think Kamala intends to belittle immigrants, but she has to set the line straight first before looking at solutions like giving Central American economies and peoples more opportunities and support. 

• Thanks 1
Jill
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

She isn't though. Like the article says, the border situation and the voting rights act are her bread and butter right now but she's being dealt blows left and right.

Manchin's all but killed the voting rights bill, the border is an unfixable situation in all honesty (or at least one where no solution will satisfy everyone), the GOP attacks her because they can't touch Biden, and Biden is probably going to run for reelection which kills her chance at a 2024 run.

I like Kamala but they've got to do something to turn this around :noparty: that voting rights bill is the most important piece of legislation in this country atm. Without it, the GOP will continue to cheat and amass more and more power even though they represent fewer and fewer Americans.

In the NYT article "Kamala Harris Can't Win" there's a quote by CNN's political director that says "If I was Vice President Harris and President Biden kept giving me the toughest assignments, I’d be like, ‘What’s up, dude?’" And like...he's got a point. I don't know if Biden is trying to destroy Kamala's career on purpose or if he thinks she's more capable than everyone thinks, but whatever it is, this all seems like a very bad plan.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
  • Like 2
Aphasic
1 minute ago, Jill said:

In the NYT article "Kamala Harris Can't Win" there's a quote by CNN's political director that says "If I was Vice President Harris and President Biden kept giving me the toughest assignments, I’d be like, ‘What’s up, dude?’" And like...he's got a point. I don't know if Biden is trying to destroy Kamala's career on purpose or if he thinks she's more capable than everyone thinks, but whatever it is, this all seems like a very bad plan.

:tea:

ItWasntLaauv

Honestly what she had to say about people coming to the border and illegal immigration was very similar to Trump’s ethos, just worded smarter. Kinda eerie ngl.

Edited by ItWasntLaauv
  • Like 1
PartySick
17 minutes ago, Jill said:

Oh god. It's all payback for the bussing thing at the Democratic debate :toofunny:

Someone swap the faces on this image

kamala-pushing-biden-out-of-wheelchair-c

Seeing voices 🖐️🖤
  • LMAO 1