💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Chromatica & Singles (Dolby Atmos Version)

NuclearMindset

Featured Posts

theARTVampire
5 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

rom,sc,sl were uploaded to youtube so type chromatica dolby atmos or smth like that

Thank you! 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji
2 hours ago, Dayman said:

It’s not ignorance. Be honest did you even listen to the Atmos versions? Because like Babylon at :55 not having the track for “battle for your life” and Sour Candy not having the yells in the beginning of the song are literally not up for debate. And on top of that your whole argument of saying these are the same mixes but everything is separated is wrong. If the song was mixed for 2 channels and now mixed for 6 that already means it’s a different  mix. The reverb being used is different, the panning is different the placement of where the instruments and vocals sit in the mix is different. If it wasn’t different then it would sound exactly the same when played in stereo. I don’t understand how you can be in denial saying that these are the same mixes when there are total vocal takes missing undeniably from songs? Does going from 2 channels to 6 suddenly send those to the twilight zone? Because I have played it on studio equipment capable of handling 5.1, recommended equipment and even standard earbuds and these things are 100% absent in the mix. 

I feel like we’ll be having this debate with people forever.  Like you, I have listened on high end and low end equipment that offers 5.1 and the mixing and mastering of these tracks are way off.  Some vocals have been cut out completely, they may still “exist” on the tracks but they’ve been completely turned down and drowned out.

People jumping on their “omg you’re just not used to high quality sound!!” horse look ridiculous.  If you isolate the actual channels you can hear how distorted they are and how they’ve really forced this effect.

Dayman
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

I feel like we’ll be having this debate with people forever.  Like you, I have listened on high end and low end equipment that offers 5.1 and the mixing and mastering of these tracks are way off.  Some vocals have been cut out completely, they may still “exist” on the tracks but they’ve been completely turned down and drowned out.

People jumping on their “omg you’re just not used to high quality sound!!” horse look ridiculous.  If you isolate the actual channels you can hear how distorted they are and how they’ve really forced this effect.

It's so bizzare. I feel like I'm going mad. Especially when the high quality sound argument is presented - because that just is not it at all... realistically 5.1 truly is a gimmick that changes HOW you can listen to a song if you have a setup that allows it. But in terms of actual quality studio masters and lossless files will always be superior - unless you have the actual session files of a song that is.

JustTea
7 hours ago, Born Brave said:

I’m sorry… maybe one day you’ll get it… 

Chromatica wasn’t the only album to be mastered in Atmos… you think they really re-did an entire album with vocals and instruments!? DELUSIONAL MUCH. for gods sake there are albums 30 years old that sound different now because of Atmos

Sour Candy definitely is missing some FX/screams from the beginning right after 0:08 :yennefer:

joaomggd
22 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

So is there a way that us non apple user can experience this? 

They ripped it from Apple music and put it on YouTube.

Take into account that you'll need headphones, and YouTube compression won't fully translate the effect. But, it's noticeable. Specially the separation between the production tracks and the vocal takes on top of them.

Just search for rain on me Dolby Atmos 

joaomggd
44 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It's so bizzare. I feel like I'm going mad. Especially when the high quality sound argument is presented - because that just is not it at all... realistically 5.1 truly is a gimmick that changes HOW you can listen to a song if you have a setup that allows it. But in terms of actual quality studio masters and lossless files will always be superior - unless you have the actual session files of a song that is.

I feel like people are confusing Dolby Atmos with some kind of high quality sound type. Which, from my understanding, it isn't. It's an effect to simulate it, even if you don't have all the fancy equipment.

It's almost like turning on an equaliser, but they master the song specifically for a certain effect/equaliser, right?

Dayman
8 minutes ago, joaomggd said:

I feel like people are confusing Dolby Atmos with some kind of high quality sound type. Which, from my understanding, it isn't. It's an effect to simulate it, even if you don't have all the fancy equipment.

It's almost like turning on an equaliser, but they master the song specifically for a certain effect/equaliser, right?

In short. Yes. By having 6 tracks that play at once it could have more separation and thus less noticeable compression. That being said - most 5.1 systems will be set up from a 3d space, usually 2 in the center, with one being the bass, then 2 "front" L+R speakers and 2 "rear" L+R. So this creates a kind of circle of sound. This circle of sound is also how head tracking for spatial audio using the 5.1 tracks works, it artificially recreates where the sounds will sound like they're coming from. So the problem a lot of 5.1 albums have currently is labels just don't know how to utilize it. So some songs will be approached in a way to make the song sound more "crisp" and clear - then others will get more "gimmicky" mixes for lack of a better term.

Benji
26 minutes ago, joaomggd said:

Yes and no.

From my understanding, Dolby Atmos is a version of surround sound that does not limit itself to a specific 5.1 channel system.  With typical surround sound, you have to layout your speakers in certain positions for the effect to work, with Dolby you basically create a sound space and wherever you put your speakers will reflect what sound is over there and play it accordingly.

The issue with Chromatica is that the sound space they’ve created is way off making the circle of sound more like a football pitch of sound and we’ve lost certain parts of the songs whilst others are too loud.  It’s also noticeable that they’ve messed something up with the splitting of stems because the distortion on the drums and symbols is not supposed to happen.

Guest SetMeFree

I just realized "Monster" from the explicit version of The Fame Monster is also in DolbyAtmos 

Screenshot-2021-06-09-at-07-55-23.jpg

Guest SetMeFree

Also, DolbyAtmos works brilliantly in your car. According to their website, it was designed for just about any car sound system, so you do not have to have anything custom or specialized to enjoy it from your car. 

impeach92

I think relatively they did a decent job but there seems to be some blotches by engineers on some of the mixing. It really depends who creates the spatial audio, for example parts of Bad Romance seem weirdly uneven and backing vocals are rarely heard, but other songs have excellent mixes. It may also be more difficult for older songs because how they were created and what tech was used, it’s like remastering. I’ve been producing music for a long time so I tend to the notice all the little details more, but for some it’s not that much of a difference. I don’t know why people are fighting over it, but I do suggest having the right set up or headphones to hear it accurately. Remember current Bluetooth tech cannot process lossless files, so they cannot hit that level of quality without being wired. 

Guest SetMeFree
1 hour ago, impeach92 said:

Remember current Bluetooth tech cannot process lossless files, so they cannot hit that level of quality without being wired. 

Apparently the AirPod Pros get the job done. (: 

Benji
1 hour ago, impeach92 said:

I think relatively they did a decent job but there seems to be some blotches by engineers on some of the mixing. It really depends who creates the spatial audio, for example parts of Bad Romance seem weirdly uneven and backing vocals are rarely heard, but other songs have excellent mixes. It may also be more difficult for older songs because how they were created and what tech was used, it’s like remastering. I’ve been producing music for a long time so I tend to the notice all the little details more, but for some it’s not that much of a difference. I don’t know why people are fighting over it, but I do suggest having the right set up or headphones to hear it accurately. Remember current Bluetooth tech cannot process lossless files, so they cannot hit that level of quality without being wired. 

Chromatica has been butchered, especially Stupid Love :bradley: Ariana’s Positions album is an example of where they’ve done Dolby well.

Robo Ga

I listened last night to Chromatica and the ad libs and background vocals are insanely clear and the layers just fit together better. The baselines are incredible to listen to with this and her vocals are properly mixed in and don’t overpower the instrumentals anymore in this version. It really does feel like you’re listening in the studio they made it in. I loved it.

🤖⚡️

Archived