Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Chromatica & Singles (Dolby Atmos Version)

NuclearMindset

Featured Posts

NuclearMindset
Just now, coutureecstasy said:

Yes! All the songs sound amazing but free woman definitely has just new vocals! I noticed it the most on “light up my body.” She doesn’t do that growl. It’s 100% a different track.

Ah yes - good spot! 100% has new vocal takes, I thought I was going crazy at first :laughga:

• NuclearMindset changed the title to New Vocal Takes on Free Woman [Apple Music / Dolby Atmos]
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Evans

I'm using a dongle to use good headphones and also had it be lossless quality under Music settings- it's a whole new experience

Mother of Puppies

I don't have Apple Music. :bear:

can't u guys upload it to YouTube or somewhere else... ? :stalkga:

And the most important question is: What does it all mean? :oprah:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Reginald

I don't have or intend to get Apple Music,  but I'll hunt for the files if needed:

Does this version have better mastering than the CD?

And, how does it compare to the vinyl?

My only gripe about Chromatica is that the instruments aren't dynamic enough bc of overcompression, especially the kick drums.

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

vpez

why does she do that do that do that to us? :messga:
(spotify/ android users)

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Mister G

It’s like May 29th, 2020 all over again and feels like a new experience overall :firega:

StarstruckIllusion

It’s like they remastered every single song and added new little sounds and instrumentals (while gaming away some other slaps) this is so crazy - it’s like hearing the album for the first time all over again. I might just get AirPods now tbh…

Benji
4 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I don't have or intend to get Apple Music,  but I'll hunt for the files if needed:

My only gripe about Chromatica is that the instruments aren't dynamic enough bc of overcompression, especially the kick drums.

They don’t sound better at all.  The songs sound like they were uploaded by mistake because the volume jumps like crazy and the bass drops in and out.  It’s like whole channels are missing 

NuclearMindset
1 minute ago, Benji said:

They don’t sound better at all.  The songs sound like they were uploaded by mistake because the volume jumps like crazy and the bass drops in and out.  It’s like whole channels are missing 

I noticed the psychedelic guitar part at the start of Replay is completely gone :triggered:

NuclearMindset
9 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I wouldn’t say “better” necessarily, just a different listening experience - but that’s only my opinion

On tracks like Alice, the backing vocals are louder and the Kick and Snare are more prominent than in the original

coutureecstasy
1 minute ago, NuclearMindset said:

I noticed the psychedelic guitar part at the start of Replay is completely gone :triggered:

This! Free woman sounds the most different to me. Most of the vocals sound like new takes. Her backing vocals on “I say that I want it” are completely gone (which I think is a downgrade) but there are some new sounds on the drop that I like. 

Fortunately we can still listen to the OG version too.

Papergangstuh

I feel like Apple got the wrong files or something. Some parts are great but it’s way too demo sounding to be legit. 

HausOfAntonio

I’m definitely not hearing as much difference as some people in this thread :awkney: Could it be that everyone is just paying more attention to the tracks and noticing things they hadn’t before? (Apart from the subtle changes that we get from the new audio quality)

• FATCAT changed the title to Chromatica & Singles (Dolby Atmos Version)

Archived