Watch THE Speech

tech

Dolby Atmos Live on Apple Music

Featured Posts

Daenerys

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/7/22523228/apple-music-lossless-spatial-audio-dolby-atmos-features

For anyone that’s an Apple Music user the rollouts have begun! 

It hit my phone and I’m currently listening to Chromatica with the new sound and it sounds PHENOMENAL! 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 2
  • Shook 5
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daenerys

• Benji

• HIM820

• Dayman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/7/22523228/apple-music-lossless-spatial-audio-dolby-atmos-features   For anyone that’s an Apple Music user the rollouts have begun!  It hit my

This is FULLY a different mix of the album with different vocal takes at times or cut ones in some places - not just mastering in 5.1

The Dolby Atmos version of Chromatica is so messy and low quality.  Yes you can hear some vocals better but the other stems all jump around in volume  This has gotta be fixed ASAP

Daenerys
5 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

does an everyday listener notice a difference?

Definitely. I noticed the difference instantly. The main vocals are more forward, the backing vocals echo really nice and the best way I can describe the sound as a whole is it feels like it’s just floating around you. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • Like 2
Daenerys

You know if it’s using the correct format because there will be an atmos logo under the song 

E3VDNlYVUAEa8Gl?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
Daenerys
1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

you should name your headphones to angel ears. 

I did because that’s my screenshot :enigma:

JusKeepBreathin
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/7/22523228/apple-music-lossless-spatial-audio-dolby-atmos-features

For anyone that’s an Apple Music user the rollouts have begun! 

It hit my phone and I’m currently listening to Chromatica with the new sound and it sounds PHENOMENAL! 

Literally impossible to get Dolby Atmos on a phone. 

Dobly Atmos is about speaker placement inside a speaker box. You can't even get it at home unless you buy speakers that are Dolby Atmos compatible. I don't even think the Homepod is Dolby Atmos compatible.

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Daenerys
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Dobly Atmos is about speaker placement inside a speaker box. You can't even get it at home unless you buy speakers that are Dolby Atmos compatible. I don't even think the Homepod is Dolby Atmos compatible.

Apple Music’s new  Dolby Atmos setting is compatible with AirPods and Beats headphones with an H1 or W1 chip, as well as the built-in speakers in the latest versions of iPhone, iPad, and Mac. 

HIM820
4 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I don't think its Dolby Atmos in the same way. It's spatial audio powered by Dolby Atmos.

I more so excited about the new standard lossless/cd quality! 

• Like 1
stupidrain71
Posted (edited)

I don’t have it yet on my app :enigma:

Edit: Do I need to be on iOS 14.6? 

Edited by stupidrain71
JusKeepBreathin
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Apple Music’s new  Dolby Atmos setting is compatible with AirPods and Beats headphones with an H1 or W1 chip, as well as the built-in speakers in the latest versions of iPhone, iPad, and Mac. 

That's not what Dolby Atmos is. Even your article doesn't say what you are implying. Dolby Atmos is not lossless audio.

You have to have a certain type of speaker for Dolby Atmos. 

You are getting lossless which is an incredible difference in sound quality close to or on par with CD quality. Dolby Atmos is for home entertainment not airpods or phones. 

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
hamster11

Gaga's vocals sound different on many songs. Not sure if I would continue to listen to this DolbyAtmos version every time though.

HIM820
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

That's not what Dolby Atmos is. Even your article doesn't say what you are implying. Dolby Atmos is not lossless audio.

You have to have a certain type of speaker for Dolby Atmos. 

You are getting lossless which is an incredible difference in sound quality close to or on par with CD quality. Dolby Atmos is for home entertainment not airpods or phones. 

Lossless and Dolby Atmos are different. Lossless is as you said. But what they are calling Dolby Atmos is the new spatial audio mixes "powered by Dolby Atmos" 

Entirely two separate things. If the OP is hearing new mixes of Chromatica, then it is what Apple is calling Dolby Atmos spatial audio. 

Edited by HIM820
  • Like 1