MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

tech

Dolby Atmos Live on Apple Music

Featured Posts

HIM820

Wait y’all, 

Free Woman is hitting in a diff way on Dolby Atmos… 

im hearing several different new parts that must have been buried in the mix! :grr:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daenerys

• Benji

• HIM820

• Dayman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/7/22523228/apple-music-lossless-spatial-audio-dolby-atmos-features   For anyone that’s an Apple Music user the rollouts have begun!  It hit my

This is FULLY a different mix of the album with different vocal takes at times or cut ones in some places - not just mastering in 5.1

The Dolby Atmos version of Chromatica is so messy and low quality.  Yes you can hear some vocals better but the other stems all jump around in volume  This has gotta be fixed ASAP

Chromatica

Just Dance is even better.  :firega:

If you go through the earlier albums, some of the singles will be in 3D. 

Born This Way is so different. :omg: 

Saint Hollywood

Everything sounds so different, especially Chromatica. There are many new parts and also a few missing parts in some songs. :enigma:

• Like 1
pawzUP

Ending of ROM sounds so out of place :selena:

Bloody hooker
Posted (edited)

911 in Dolby Atmos. I haven’t felt this level shock since the song came out. The background vocals :giveup:

I should note that I have Bose QC 35 II, so the surround is literally not there. But the vocals that we don't hear (mixed with song) are cool.

Edited by Bloody hooker
This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.
Sneaky

Chromatica actually sounds interesting with the spatial mixes :giggle:

Live your second life before your first one's over
XxBones
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

It’s fun that it’s different but I definitely agree with people say it’s worse. It’s not just about where the sounds are coming from, there seems to be a difference in how loud certain things are. Like, it’s almost like a different song with different takes and ideas. You get to hear new sounds which is cool but it’s like if this album wasn’t produced by people who knew it would be listened to this way. It sounds like a demo at some points.

Oh no they killed the Chromatica II-911 transition. :saladga:

THERE IS NO WAY THIS ALBUM WAS MEANT FOR THIS. I *SWEAR* there are points where parts of the songs I’m familiar with are simply absent.

Ya I agree but I think apple is trying to push this to be the default so it’s the beginning stages. I think in the demo they just put out for spatial audio he even mentions like imagine the songs that are yet to be written. So I think artists are going to have to work with this for future songs. Hopefully it gets better. But right now it’s a hit or miss with the songs im hearing. Some just sound bad and some sound kinda cool. 

HIM820
Posted (edited)

Does anybody hear faint screaming at around 1:55 in Sour Candy? :huntyga:

Edited by HIM820
Daenerys

At first listen I thought it was super cool because it was different but now that I’m hearing Chromatica again I’m not really a fan of the spatial sound. A lot of good elements are gone, the audio fluctuates A LOT in some songs so much that it sounds like it’s fighting itself to blend together. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • Like 1
Daenerys
1 minute ago, HIM820 said:

Does anybody hear faint screaming at around 1:55 in Sour Candy? :huntyga:

I thought that was just me! 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
sillynate
Posted (edited)

Y’all are hyping it up so much I’m excited :excited2: will it work if I use the EarPods that came with my iPhone 11???

edit: just finished Alice, I noticed some new backing vocals on the “uh uh uh oh” drop :excited2: and then those like 12 snares (I think) before almost every drop are either removed or filtered out some how because I don’t know how any of this works :excited2: oh my lordT 

edit 2: BIGGEST THING I NOTICED: Enigma doesn’t flow into Replay. And Sine doesn’t flow into Doves and Doves doesn’t flow into Babylon. They’re all individual songs now :excited2: 

edit 3:   0:55 in Babylon the choir singing “battle for you life” is gone and it’s just the instrumental at that part. POP MUSIC EMERGENCY WE DO IN FACT HAVE A NEW MIX OF CHROMATICA ON OUR HANDS. Dare I call it Unmixed :p

Edited by sillynate
  • Like 1
JGD

Chromatica on Atmos is a whole new experience!  Except ROM isn't playing on Atmos for me so :triggered: