MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

tech

Dolby Atmos Live on Apple Music

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, HIM820 said:

Lossless and Dolby Atmos are different. Lossless is as you said. But what they are calling Dolby Atmos is the new spatial audio mixes "powered by Dolby Atmos" 

Entirely two separate things. 

Yeah, and I'm fascinated that they have a catalog of songs in that quality but to enjoy that particular quality you need a good home entertainment setup to immerse yourself in that type of sound. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daenerys

• Benji

• HIM820

• Dayman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/7/22523228/apple-music-lossless-spatial-audio-dolby-atmos-features   For anyone that’s an Apple Music user the rollouts have begun!  It hit my

This is FULLY a different mix of the album with different vocal takes at times or cut ones in some places - not just mastering in 5.1

The Dolby Atmos version of Chromatica is so messy and low quality.  Yes you can hear some vocals better but the other stems all jump around in volume  This has gotta be fixed ASAP

Mindblown

Updating my iPhone as oui speak. I didn't see Dolby Atmos so, hopefully it'll show up on iOS14.6.

HIM820
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Yeah, and I'm fascinated that they have a catalog of songs in that quality but to enjoy that particular quality you need a good home entertainment setup to immerse yourself in that type of sound. 

It's easier to think of them as two separate things. They actually don't have that many in that quality I think. Apple said on rollout more albums will offer lossless than dolby, with them trying to get a majority of the library to lossless by this fall if I'm remembering correctly. They never said if the same goal will be met with Dolby, as I expect they will only focus on new albums for that. 

HIM820
Just now, Mindblown said:

Updating my iPhone as oui speak. I didn't see Dolby Atmos so, hopefully it'll show up on iOS14.6.

You'll need to be updated to the newest version, but the apple music update is dependent upon their servers unfortunately. That's why people will be getting it randomly. 

• Thanks 1
Daenerys
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

That's not what Dolby Atmos is. Even your article doesn't say what you are implying. Dolby Atmos is not lossless audio.

You have to have a certain type of speaker for Dolby Atmos. 

You are getting lossless which is an incredible difference in sound quality close to or on par with CD quality. Dolby Atmos is for home entertainment not airpods or phones. 

You’re absolutely correct. I was doing more research on it and you’re right. I let the name on my phone make me believe it was as it said but I think they’re using it as a sly way to get people to subscribe to their service. Especially utilizing the “spatial audio” to change little things in the music. 

Edited by Daenerys
Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
Gagz4Gaga

Who cares about improvements in Chromatica’s sound if she won’t even promote it :mark:

Spoiler

Jk :billie:

nostalgia’s for geeks
PlastiscGuy

Can someone rip it? I'd do it myself but I don't know how :ohno:

Or drop a tutorial :huntyga:

PG.
Daenerys

If anything I’m more mad than they didn’t put the whole of Gaga’s catalogue in the “atmos” format. Only Chromatica from what I’ve seen so far. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
PlastiscGuy
5 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

If anything I’m more mad than they didn’t put the whole of Gaga’s catalogue in the “atmos” format. Only Chromatica from what I’ve seen so far. 

Is there anything by Lana? :ohno:

PG.
Daenerys
2 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

All except Chemtrails is in Lossless format but none have the “Dolby Atmos” logo on them :bradley:

• Sad 1
Mindblown
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

You'll need to be updated to the newest version, but the apple music update is dependent upon their servers unfortunately. That's why people will be getting it randomly. 

Update complete and I have Dolby Atmos/Lossless audio on Chromatica. IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. The album sounds so different and brand new.

Edited by Mindblown
  • Love 1
Mindblown
14 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

I don't see Dolby Atmos on any. All albums except Chemtrails Over The Country Club and Born To Die have lossless audio. Born To Die has "Hi Res Lossless", whatever that means. 

• Love 1
XxBones
Posted (edited)

Wow it sounds different. I feel like I am hearing new sounds and voices. Or like they brought them out more in the songs. 

update: when Ariana soft sings rain on me it sounds creepy like it’s coming from behind me on sides 

Edited by XxBones
  • Thanks 1
BROSEIDON
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Edit: Oops I lied :billie:

Edited by BROSEIDON
JustTea
1 hour ago, Daenerys said:

Apple Music’s new  Dolby Atmos setting is compatible with AirPods and Beats headphones with an H1 or W1 chip, as well as the built-in speakers in the latest versions of iPhone, iPad, and Mac. 

1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Literally impossible to get Dolby Atmos on a phone. 

Dobly Atmos is about speaker placement inside a speaker box. You can't even get it at home unless you buy speakers that are Dolby Atmos compatible. I don't even think the Homepod is Dolby Atmos compatible.

1 hour ago, HIM820 said:

Lossless and Dolby Atmos are different. Lossless is as you said. But what they are calling Dolby Atmos is the new spatial audio mixes "powered by Dolby Atmos" 

Entirely two separate things. If the OP is hearing new mixes of Chromatica, then it is what Apple is calling Dolby Atmos spatial audio. 

https://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-music-spatial-audio-will-work-with-all-headphones

FYI :yennefer:

• Like 1