💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Lorde - Solar Power Discussion Thread (the album)

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche
Just now, ororo munroe said:

June??? I'm not ready :nooo:

june 21st is the summer solstice and the original date for the release of solar power sooooo

it aligns I think 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
COOOK
4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I want this album to be your summer companion, the one you pump on the drive to the beach. The one that lingers on your skin like a tan as the months get cooler again.

I'm feeling this :bradley: I'm officially OBSESSED

Pop Music

Pure Heroine 

Melodrama 

Solar Power 

all serves

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

alsemanche

Her emails are always so cute i love her :selena:

Now lemme go hunt natural calendars for clues nnnn

• alsemanche changed the title to Lorde - Solar Power Discussion Thread (the album)
alsemanche

She really meant it when she said "And I throw my cellular device in the water
Can you reach me? No, you can't (Aha)" :selena:

alsemanche

21st of June: Summer Solstice

24th of June: Midsummer's Day

21st was the original day for Solar Power's release and the 24th is a Thursday. If the rumors are true (we don't know if they were reliable or not), the lead single and album were supposed to be released on the same week. Sooo we could potentially get another promo single or something on the 21st (Mood Ring maybe) and the album on the 24th or midnight of the 25th (a Friday). Just my own speculations, idk what will happen. 

In an interview she said: 

"Well I cannot give you too much detail right now, but I will say... you'll get it in the next season. It's finished, it's amazing, and it's coming."

Is the next season summer or?? Since it starts on the 21st 

Thomas P
3 hours ago, alsemanche said:

21st of June: Summer Solstice

24th of June: Midsummer's Day

21st was the original day for Solar Power's release and the 24th is a Thursday. If the rumors are true (we don't know if they were reliable or not), the lead single and album were supposed to be released on the same week. Sooo we could potentially get another promo single or something on the 21st (Mood Ring maybe) and the album on the 24th or midnight of the 25th (a Friday). Just my own speculations, idk what will happen. 

In an interview she said: 

"Well I cannot give you too much detail right now, but I will say... you'll get it in the next season. It's finished, it's amazing, and it's coming."

Is the next season summer or?? Since it starts on the 21st 

Please don’t get my hopes up like this. I don’t know if i can take the disappointment if it doesn’t happen :laughga:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

OMonster

Can someone drop in a screenshot of the letter Lorde sent to her fans via email about the single and album? I'd love to see it.

subtext / fantasy

alsemanche
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

Can someone drop in a screenshot of the letter Lorde sent to her fans via email about the single and album? I'd love to see it.

It's here!

On 6/11/2021 at 1:24 AM, alsemanche said:

Lorde sent us an email!! 

Subject: Hey Cuties! :D

You ready?

There’s someone I want you to meet.
Her feet are bare at all times. She’s sexy, playful, feral, and free. She’s a modern girl in a deadstock bikini, in touch with her past and her future, vibrating at the highest level when summer comes around. Her skin is glowing, her lovers are many. I’m completely obsessed with her, and soon you will be too.

It’s my divine pleasure to be introducing you, at long last, to my third studio album, SOLAR POWER.

The album is a celebration of the natural world, an attempt at immortalising the deep, transcendent feelings I have when I’m outdoors. In times of heartache, grief, deep love, or confusion, I look to the natural world for answers. I’ve learnt to breathe out, and tune in. This is what came through.

The first song, also called SOLAR POWER and written and produced by myself and Jack, is the first of the rays. It’s about that infectious, flirtatious summer energy that takes hold of us all, come June (or December, if you’re a Southern Hemisphere baby like me but I know that’s literally IMPOSSIBLE for you all to wrap your little heads around so don’t worry about it!!).

I made everything with friends here in New Zealand. My best mate Ophelia took the cover photo, lying on the sand as I leapt over her, both of us laughing. The director who made my first ever music video, Joel, helped me create the videos, building an entire cinematic universe that I can’t wait for you to see. I made something that encapsulates where I’m from — my family, my girlfriends, my outdoors, my constant ruminations, and my unending search for the divine.

There’s SO much more detail to come — a truly comical amount of detail, honestly. You can look to the natural calendar for clues. I’m trying to listen to what’s out there more, and the vibe I got was that you’re ready for this, that you need it. I want this album to be your summer companion, the one you pump on the drive to the beach. The one that lingers on your skin like a tan as the months get cooler again.

Today’s the only solar eclipse of the year, did you know that? Feels right.

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LET’S GO

SOLAR POWER TODAY — TOMORROW — FOREVER

ELLA XX

On 6/11/2021 at 1:25 AM, alsemanche said:

So the album is official called Solar Power, with the cover being the single cover as well. 

More photos from the email: 

8c93bfbe-8b86-6ffc-0d17-b0dd5b150d1a.png

31e4b676-08f8-1a91-989e-0075eb4c38c9.jpg 53beac8f-fde9-a280-9829-989a32106b84.jpg 

OMonster
11 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

It's here!

Thanks! Is there anywhere I can find HQ stills from the vid?

subtext / fantasy

alsemanche
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

Thanks! Is there anywhere I can find HQ stills from the vid?

I've been trying to look for some but it doesn't seem like there are any good ones online :( Most of them are just screenshots of the MV, which are always blurry and grainy

Chromatography
On 6/7/2021 at 7:35 AM, alsemanche said:

The critics will eat it up, those looking for quick bops or depression tunes will be disappointed though."

well :fatcat:

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

She's updated the site!!!

https://www.lorde.co.nz/

OMG AN ALBUM TRAILER OSKDKDKD

Those are definitely lyrics too :giveup:

Thomas P

So do you guys think it’ll come this month then?

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived