💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Lorde - Solar Power Discussion Thread (the album)

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

yeah no im fully obsessed

played it 3 times already

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

Apparently Phoebe Bridgers and Clairo have backing vocals on the tack (and some other tracks as well) 

alsemanche

She way she's a full on stoner now :air:

alsemanche

They removed it from all streaming platforms welp

Lorde is gonna be MAAAD

EGOT2027

if they accidentally released it 6 hours early why bother taking it down? i'm worried them pulling it means it's not actually coming today

alsemanche
4 minutes ago, iWontBeTonight said:

if they accidentally released it 6 hours early why bother taking it down? i'm worried them pulling it means it's not actually coming today

it's all a mess tbh

it wasn't even on spotify at all

alsemanche

The youtube video has 2,662 views and 2.4k likes already even though it's an empty video now :air: 

alsemanche

Don't know how accurate or real this is (although it was posted on a Lorde group as credible so idk) but this is sad :( 

alsemanche

An hour left to the alleged release and still... silence :bear:

alsemanche

Lorde sent us an email!! 

Subject: Hey Cuties! :D

You ready?

There’s someone I want you to meet.
Her feet are bare at all times. She’s sexy, playful, feral, and free. She’s a modern girl in a deadstock bikini, in touch with her past and her future, vibrating at the highest level when summer comes around. Her skin is glowing, her lovers are many. I’m completely obsessed with her, and soon you will be too.

It’s my divine pleasure to be introducing you, at long last, to my third studio album, SOLAR POWER.

The album is a celebration of the natural world, an attempt at immortalising the deep, transcendent feelings I have when I’m outdoors. In times of heartache, grief, deep love, or confusion, I look to the natural world for answers. I’ve learnt to breathe out, and tune in. This is what came through.

The first song, also called SOLAR POWER and written and produced by myself and Jack, is the first of the rays. It’s about that infectious, flirtatious summer energy that takes hold of us all, come June (or December, if you’re a Southern Hemisphere baby like me but I know that’s literally IMPOSSIBLE for you all to wrap your little heads around so don’t worry about it!!).

I made everything with friends here in New Zealand. My best mate Ophelia took the cover photo, lying on the sand as I leapt over her, both of us laughing. The director who made my first ever music video, Joel, helped me create the videos, building an entire cinematic universe that I can’t wait for you to see. I made something that encapsulates where I’m from — my family, my girlfriends, my outdoors, my constant ruminations, and my unending search for the divine.

There’s SO much more detail to come — a truly comical amount of detail, honestly. You can look to the natural calendar for clues. I’m trying to listen to what’s out there more, and the vibe I got was that you’re ready for this, that you need it. I want this album to be your summer companion, the one you pump on the drive to the beach. The one that lingers on your skin like a tan as the months get cooler again.

Today’s the only solar eclipse of the year, did you know that? Feels right.

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LET’S GO

SOLAR POWER TODAY — TOMORROW — FOREVER

ELLA XX

alsemanche

So the album is official called Solar Power, with the cover being the single cover as well. 

More photos from the email: 

8c93bfbe-8b86-6ffc-0d17-b0dd5b150d1a.png

31e4b676-08f8-1a91-989e-0075eb4c38c9.jpg 53beac8f-fde9-a280-9829-989a32106b84.jpg 

alsemanche

I think next single is coming on the 21st since she told us to look at the calendar for clues omg

Ororo Munroe
Just now, alsemanche said:

I think next single is coming on the 21st since she told us to look at the calendar for clues omg

June??? I'm not ready :nooo:

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

• alsemanche changed the title to Lorde - Solar Power Discussion Thread (the album)

Archived