💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Lorde - Solar Power Discussion Thread (the album)

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Since the release Lorde's third album is imminent, I thought I'd make a thread of everything we know so far in one thread. Here we can discuss expectations, what we want to hear from her, what we think we will hear, and opinions on existing rumors from reliable insiders. Keep in mind that we haven't had an official announcement yet, so all the information so far is provided by insiders. I'll add sources for everything (if I manage to find all the links) just to keep things clear and trackable.

What we know so far about the album release/era: (as of June 7)

-Lead single will be called Solar Power, will be released on June 21st @ 6pm GMT. The track will be 3:12 in length and the credits include Jack Antonoff, Ella Yelich O'Connor (Lorde). The cover art, according to RideOrDie/Eclipse will be a "Nude/nude illusion of her peaches." The track has been likened to Freedom by George Michael. (Source Source Source)

-Another track on the album is titled Mood Ring, which contains secret vocalists (Source Source). The song could resemble Writer In The Dark (vocally at least) (Source)

-Two track acronyms were teased: SATNS [4:26] and SoaG (WSIA) [3:38] (they came from Pulse, which often leaks accurate info, and were later confirmed by RideOrDie) (Source). RideOrDie said SATNS is an amazing title and that she's really become a pothead (Source)

-The album was said to be done as early as May 3rd (Source)

-On May 24, Mr. S said "SOON" (Source

-The album will have a visual concept (Source)

-The album will have 12 tracks + 2 bonus tracks (not clear whether they will be released with the album release or at a later date) (Source

-The genre/sound of the album has generally been described as beachy and psychedelic. Here are some descriptions:

> "Extremely summer-y, getting high on the beach album. My favourite track is #1 on the tracklist.

Solar Power is #2 on the album." (Source)

> "Will be hugely acclaimed by the critics, some fans will be divided, the synth-bop stans will be disappointed and jump the ship, some complaints will be "all of the album sounds the same, there are no Green Lights or bangers", stoners will love this album, it's a mature natural direction for her to take, no teen drama or messiness, incredibly wise and confident, surprise background vocalists etc." (Source)

> "Beachy acoustic guitar psychedelic of the 70s, Beach Boys, The Beatles etc.

Not the new electronic style of psychedelic" (Source)

> "Lorde's new album doesn't sound anything like Pure Heroine or Melodrama. She moved on from that sound and the fans looking for that kind of edgy teen sound will have to stick with Olivia. The sonic shift will be jarring and divisive."
"The new album is exactly what she needs to release to cement her status. The critics will eat it up, those looking for quick bops or depression tunes will be disappointed though."
"70's surf pop psychedelia"
"it is her take on NFR!" (Source) [not exactly reliable but it fits what has been said)

> "Everyday is a bit more folk-y and camp imo" [this was said in reply to someone mentioning Everyday by Weyes Blood] (Source)

Feel free to discuss and share any new info you have! 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

I spent 3 hours compiling this, don't let it flop :grr:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Thomas P

This sounds like it will be the perfect fit for me this summer. I need it now

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Tinnitus15

I am soo ready…Every rumour sounds soo good,so judging from the album vibes and sound I think I am gonna like it:party:

Helxig

I'm a little bit scared now :blink:  really hope I like it! Then again, there were warnings that Joanne was going to be a massive change, not electronic, etc. I did love that album so :shrug: 

Just have to wait and see! 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

A MESS

i never read spoilery stuff about albums but...cannot wait for this one, that's probably the direction i felt she would go!

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

B33Fre33

Omg her NFR:woohoo: 

This gonna be another masterpiece by Mr Antonoff, hope it will better and not the same as NFR though. 

B33Fre33

Omg her NFR:woohoo: 

This gonna be another masterpiece by Mr Antonoff, hope it will better and not the same as NFR though. 

BleepBloop

I literally can't believe that this is actually HAPPENING. I'm usually not that guy, but both PH and Melodrama came out at times in my life where I was going through stuff that was exactly reflected so well in each album, so Lorde really is someone who I feel synchronized with lol. Can't wait can't wait can't wait

FATCAT
51 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

> "Beachy acoustic guitar psychedelic of the 70s, Beach Boys, The Beatles etc.

If this is true, I will die happy. I love the 70's so much. Acid Rock is literally so good.

If it's anything like below, she will literally re-define the new age of the genre, like this treasure.

Purr more, hiss less.

OMonster

Sounds like it's gonna divide fans. 

I think I'll like it personally but I can definitely see GGD dragging it. 

subtext / fantasy

ThePopDevil
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

Lorde's new album doesn't sound anything like Pure Heroine or Melodrama. She moved on from that sound and the fans looking for that kind of edgy teen sound will have to stick with Olivia.

i get what they were trying to say but implying that olivia girl is anywhere near where lorde was with these two albums is laughable 

Pharamon

Omg 'sounds like it's gonna divide fans', I just know I'm gonna love it. Everything GGD trashes or dislikes I tend to love lol (also I hope it's true she's moved on from the sound which was carried through Melodrama, I am so ready for a new side of Lorde) 

• alsemanche changed the title to Lorde - Solar Power Discussion Thread (the album)

Archived