Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Orville Peck "fixed" BTW lyrics!

FrankMonster

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan
14 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Sis, tell me about it. It's the same thing in French, everything is gendered. And the worst part is, I'm a translator so gender neutral language is a daily struggle for me :saladga:

The Spanish language simply is gender-neutral. It’s not the language that’s the problem, it’s the people.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stupidrain71
20 hours ago, ARTGOD said:

Absolutely not lmao. Even in 2011 it wasn’t okay to call people beige, chola or orient :laughga:.

Why is that? I have no knowledge about that. 

liquidsunshine
On 6/4/2021 at 10:18 AM, LittleMonster20 said:

It’s getting comical now. Like actually stop.

Words are just words. No one meant harm with any of these song lyrics they probably just used some of these words because they fitted better lyrically.

I think this might be one of the most stupid post I’ve seen here in while and there are many garbage posts here. 

LittleMonster20
45 minutes ago, liquidsunshine said:

I think this might be one of the most stupid post I’ve seen here in while and there are many garbage posts here. 

… mind elaborating? Because I don’t understand what’s so stupid about my post?

QueenChromatix

are words chola or orient-made offensive for someone?

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

Agunimon
16 minutes ago, polishmonster said:

are words chola or orient-made offensive for someone?

some in the community. moreso liberal justice white gays.

QueenChromatix
Just now, Agunimon said:

some in the community. moreso liberal justice white gays.

i tried to understand that sentence, but i failed.

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

Agunimon
1 minute ago, polishmonster said:

i tried to understand that sentence, but i failed.

chola is seen as a derogatory term usually for women of mexican american, although it has deeper routes that expand beyond that. orient is a derogatory term for asians. some mexicans and asians find it offensive. but the majority of the people who find it to be offensive are liberal justice white people.

Bella Goth

beige, chola or orient .i always think it like owning the word itself. im asian, and those people call me oriental and its like fck u orient-made i was born this way

RAMROD

Back when the song initially released, there are a lot if criticism over this line by the racial community in question. It is tarnishing the song legacy a little bit.

Most complain are because they feel like it is the outdated, crude, and lazy way to do it, she could just have said the race itself instead of Orient and Chola. 

In 2016, LA Times published an article about the term "oriental/orient" written by a Japanese person, 

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-tsuchiyama-oriental-insult-20160601-snap-story.html

So I understand why Gaga would approve this change so it would at least be more respectable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

as a half brown half asian person, there is absolutely nothing "offensive" about the original lyrics. yall wannabe activists are just trying too hard to drag her for absolutely no reason lol

Rino

I still see the word "oriental" used quite often, so I don't understand what the fuss is about.

almost never see chola though. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

JusKeepBreathin

I love this song but I didn't realize until right now how insensitive that one line is. :billie:

She should just fix it and move on. We know she didn't do it to hurt anyone on purpose. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived