opinion

They are treating BTW as a cash cow instead of celebrating it

Bottom

Featured Posts

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indiana

I just wish she had done something like Fleetwood Mac Rumours for they’re anniversary. Unreleased songs that didn’t make the cut, demos, alternate versions, unfinished recordings, etc...

Aussie

Aren’t proceeds from sales of the BTW anniversary merchandise going towards the foundation itself? If so how is that a cash cow? If someone wants to pay more for charity they buy the priciest products. Those who can’t they don’t.

Benji

Gotta make money somehow :vegas:

I’m not too bothered, it gives us more material/merchandise and Gaga makes a buck, it makes sense.

My only complaint would be the quality of some of the merchandise.  The prices for the clothes, cushions etc aren’t justifiable when you consider the low quality material and barely any of the designs matching what is sold online.

PawsUpJago

You know you don't have to buy the overpriced merch right? Even though a percentage does go to a good cause. 

Its an anniversary for the album, something if course was going to happen. Stop putting your limitations on what this album is because of your personal connection to it. 

I will never understand why this fandom still acts as if Gaga isn't one of the biggest mainstream commercial artists in the industry, she is put out there to bring in the cash. Although there is a real heart, passion and soul in there, the concept and the brand that is Gaga will never be above doing things like this. Haus Labs is mostly overpriced products and the quality of most of them is laughable, but she and her team will forever be looking for new avenues in which to make money. That's just the way things are. 

Gagas lil monster

Because it is darling. 

Not through any wrong doing from Gaga but its a really popular album and anything that is used to celebrate it will sell. It's what success looks like :kara:

With Peace and love

RichAssPiss

Every album is monetized. Personally, I think the LGBTQ reimagined songs are special because for someone so pro-queer Gaga has not uplifted or collaborated with that many queer vocalists and this is a wonderful way to put queer voices to those songs and help popularize a generation of queer performers. 

AURAOFSHEISSE
On 6/1/2021 at 11:34 AM, Bottom said:

Sorry if i sound like a moaner but i am disappointed in what they are doing currently. BTW is such a personal album to me, as it is to many others on here, i was so excited about the decade anniversary and hopeful it would be celebrated in a special kind of way but all they want is to sell us a bunch of overpriced stuff to try and make as much money as possible.  From the 250 dollar versace t shirts, or the haus labs bad kids vault or the 85 dollar anniversary pillow. They are exploiting such a special era for us when they know how much it means to us. I just feel like it is very exploitative and taking advantage of something that should have been very special. Yall can drag me for complaining but it is all about money for them right now instead of celebrating  

Well they can’t give away merch

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

HorusRa2
7 hours ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

Well they can’t give away merch

the above post said nothing about giving anything away for free. I think it must be pretty obvious that the cost of some of this merch is very clearly inflated and only a subset of fans can afford the price. Those prices are higher than like theme park prices (WDW, DL, Universal) and that's saying something. 

Rino

I'm just glad they did something :vegas:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Inferno
On 6/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, Bottom said:

Maybe not exploit the gay community for monetary gain? Corporations do this all the time and i wish her team didn't go this route

I don't vibe with this point of view for a myriad of reasons in regards to Lady Gaga, its simply untrue. And to claim this is 100% ignorant. Period.

MessyTop

Im grateful for the merch. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. There’s not need to buy anything. 
We can still bop to Kylies- Marry the Night. 

Inferno
On 6/7/2021 at 6:54 AM, HorusRa2 said:

the above post said nothing about giving anything away for free. I think it must be pretty obvious that the cost of some of this merch is very clearly inflated and only a subset of fans can afford the price. Those prices are higher than like theme park prices (WDW, DL, Universal) and that's saying something. 

Particular merch items being expensive is not exploitation nor is anyone who cannot afford specific items (or have any interest in them), such as myself, required to purchase them. At the end of the day Born This Ways anniversary or whatever is not about merch its about the album and her impact? The merch is just there, like I get what this argument is trying to prove but I just think its a reach. By this point we're well aware she participates in capitalistic endeavors just inherently in being a pop star, kind of random to be so personally affected by a $250 collectors vinyl pack or whatever. If thats what anyones focusing on maybe it speaks more to how much they over emphasize material wealths importance in regards to their own life.

ALGAYDO

Don’t spend money on her if you don’t want to, it’s that simple. I myself am a bit disappointed in the merch pricing, but my ass still spent over $100 because I wanted to. Nobody forced me to. 

Archived