Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

They are treating BTW as a cash cow instead of celebrating it

Bottom

Featured Posts

Bottom

Sorry if i sound like a moaner but i am disappointed in what they are doing currently. BTW is such a personal album to me, as it is to many others on here, i was so excited about the decade anniversary and hopeful it would be celebrated in a special kind of way but all they want is to sell us a bunch of overpriced stuff to try and make as much money as possible.  From the 250 dollar versace t shirts, or the haus labs bad kids vault or the 85 dollar anniversary pillow. They are exploiting such a special era for us when they know how much it means to us. I just feel like it is very exploitative and taking advantage of something that should have been very special. Yall can drag me for complaining but it is all about money for them right now instead of celebrating  

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NFRatwell

“Let’s do what we just did to Chromatica but instead of releasing a new album let’s just pick one that’s already released” 

Pennywise

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

but, I mean... you're right  :poot:

Spoiler

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

JanStan

Just enjoy the album and not buy any merch. There are a lot of people that want to celebrate the anniversary with those items. If everyone takes what they want from it everyone wins. 

Stephen

What do you want her to do? She didn't need to do ANYTHING and yet she's giving us merch at different levels, a whole pop up event which she attended, a special edition of the album highlighting artists from the LGBT community....

You want her to personally come to your house and sing Government Hooker?

Bored Over It GIF

Luke78619

I get what you mean, I haven’t been too excited from what we’ve got. It’s just a few covers and some expensive merch, but you don’t need to buy any of it if you don’t want. There’s people out there who will enjoy it so at least it’s something

poor TF and TFM got nothing at all :giveup:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Bottom
3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

What do you want her to do? She didn't need to do ANYTHING and yet she's giving us merch at different levels, a whole pop up event which she attended, a special edition of the album highlighting artists from the LGBT community....

You want her to personally come to your house and sing Government Hooker?

Bored Over It GIF

Maybe not exploit the gay community for monetary gain? Corporations do this all the time and i wish her team didn't go this route

js4754394o9823

We got 10th Anniversary album with LGBT artists to promote and celebrate them, on a pride month

Versace is doing things for her foundation that helps people, so obviously it's not going to be cheap

And her merch has the same prices as every other artist's web store 

Again, what do you want?

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

N a t h a n
12 minutes ago, Bottom said:

Sorry if i sound like a moaner but i am disappointed in what they are doing currently. BTW is such a personal album to me, as it is to many others on here, i was so excited about the decade anniversary and hopeful it would be celebrated in a special kind of way but all they want is to sell us a bunch of overpriced stuff to try and make as much money as possible.  From the 250 dollar versace t shirts, or the haus labs bad kids vault or the 85 dollar anniversary pillow. They are exploiting such a special era for us when they know how much it means to us. I just feel like it is very exploitative and taking advantage of something that should have been very special. Yall can drag me for complaining but it is all about money for them right now instead of celebrating  

Please remember as well that Lady Gaga doesn't call the shots on merch. Interscope does, she has no control over her merch or her prices.

Prostitute Barbie

I really don’t care what they do with the merch because I’m not getting it  but I just don’t see the point of their “10 year anniversary edition” album at all. Like it’s literally just the same (standard edition) album repackaged with an extra disc of a few covers that will probably all be on streaming platforms anyway? I really don’t see what the selling point is for that or why they thought that was the best idea. 

Illuminati

Did you read about where the money from those items is going?

N a t h a n
Just now, Cersei Lannister said:

I really don’t care what they do with the merch because I’m not getting it  but I just don’t see the point of their “10 year anniversary edition” album at all. Like it’s literally just the same (standard edition) album repackaged with an extra disc of a few covers that will probably all be on streaming platforms anyway? I really don’t see what the selling point is for that or why they thought that was the best idea. 

Omg I thought you would never come back hi James ilu

CannaeDrive

Sorry for you, I guess :shrug:

Also, 30% of that "cash" goes to the BTW Foundation. I guess the "rich" can also contribute to charity.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Stephen
1 minute ago, Bottom said:

Maybe not exploit the gay community for monetary gain? Corporations do this all the time and i wish her team didn't go this route

Do you realize tons of fans love buying merch? "Exploiting" :toofunny: Touch some grass

js4754394o9823
2 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

We got 10th Anniversary album with LGBT artists to promote and celebrate them

On a pride month

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Archived