💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Death of “Lady Gaga”: A Retrospective Look At Her Career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

Summerboi14

It's sad that many celebs want fame and do everything for it and then they break down or become indie because they can't handle the pressure of the industrie.

tumblr_m7wlmiOClm1r7grrqo1_500.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enissa11
2 hours ago, VoidTwo said:

it's not that she wore a necklace made of real severed heads

hahaha i got the mayhem reference there :ally:

1 hour ago, Kermit the frog said:

Her documentary on netflix showed us how neurotic she really is, that was the closest I can think of. 

that documentary has lead a lot of misconceptions about gaga actually, i blame it of perpetuating this misunderstanding of the GP and even in the fanbase that the gaga of Joanne is the real gaga and everything before was a "Character", Gaga made it clear several times that Five foot two isn't her vision at all but only the director's and just what he got documenting her life during that brief time. The documentary doesn't even explain what is really Joanne about, and the concept gaga created behind it...

Mad Architect of Light

tyler k
9 hours ago, Earthfan said:

Can we stop with the argument that Chromatica is not innovative. It's literally one of the best house-inspired albums by a major pop artist and has been the soundtrack that helped so many people dance through 2020-2021. 

thank you.

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

GucciGa

It always shocks me at how so many of Gaga's stans really don't understand her as an artist. Because it's really not complicated. 

😇

G U C C I

While you have some points, overall you are simplifying Lady Gaga to a persona and a vehicle for Stefani Germanotta to achieve celebrity status and that is completely inaccurate and missing the point of who Lady Gaga is. You also directly implied that her manager, producers, and team are equally responsible for her success, and while they played their parts by doing their jobs, SHE is the one who used her talent and ambition to chase her dreams. 

Lady Gaga is 100% part of Stefani Germanotta as a whole and who she is. The name is more than a persona and is basically a living breathing performance art piece that she has crafted since 2006 and most likely her entire life. Pop music was the canvas Lady Gaga used to launch her career because of the narrative she could create with her art. The concept of fame and all the demons that come along with it were a play she was portraying 24/7 for the public. Whether she loves pop music or not is irrelevant. Her music was only a portion of the overall performance and art. Lady Gaga is not dead and never will be. Lady Gaga evolves continuously and to watch this woman take a career from shock performance art to beloved actress within 10 years while being hailed for her undeniable talent is incredible. She is evolving not dying, her fans should do the same and start trying to appreciate that a bit more instead of complaining and pontificating over frivolous notions that help them explain why they don't understand or enjoy her music anymore. 

I have said on here before that Chromatica is my least favorite album and it's true. I personally am over the dance sound and especially the bland productions of Bloodpop. But a portion of why it's my least favorite is because she didn't get to immerse us in the performance art and concept of the album the way she wanted. When she dropped the video for 911 I was amazed and think its one of the best videos she's made. It transformed a song I didn't care for at all into one that I appreciate now. Just like her videos, her performances, tours, interviews, appearances, etc. all go into the overall art of the music.

Bolkins

In the beginning stages of her career part of her come up was to lead people to believe that she was a creative genius and everything that happened during TF/TFM was her vision and hers alone. I think that was a white lie to give her the authenticity required to pull off such hugely ambitious projects, but the truth is she was always a vessel for other people’s creative ideas and visions. She’s been open about that later on in her career, but in those early days it wasn’t as clear and put her on some next level pedestal. 

The part of her that has always remained the same is her heart and soul, that is who she authentically is underneath everything else and as long as tht never goes she’s still the same ol’ gal. 

36 minutes ago, Bolkins said:

In the beginning stages of her career part of her come up was to lead people to believe that she was a creative genius and everything that happened during TF/TFM was her vision and hers alone. I think that was a white lie to give her the authenticity required to pull off such hugely ambitious projects, but the truth is she was always a vessel for other people’s creative ideas and visions. She’s been open about that later on in her career, but in those early days it wasn’t as clear and put her on some next level pedestal. 

The part of her that has always remained the same is her heart and soul, that is who she authentically is underneath everything else and as long as tht never goes she’s still the same ol’ gal. 

Sensibly edited. I've recalled the missiles. 🙂

Lady Gaga has always been a team effort I'm sure, but it never would have gone anywhere without Stefani G. It's always been her doing the singing and it's been her songwriting for the most part (I think that's fair), and it's her on stage making the performances great.

Rebel

You make some points but the wrongs kinda outweigh the rights. You don’t become Lady Gaga just because of luck.

LIKELADYAGAGA

Shallow was the biggest song of her career. No song had the combination of critical and commercial success that Shallow and ASIB had.

Anveeroy
5 hours ago, Pennywise said:

regurgitating

Are you preparing for GRE? 🌚

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Cavadour

As the overdose of info increases exponentially on social network, the day-by-day life of major celebrities is displayed in detail for everyone to see like some giant reality show. Everyone is everybody’s neighbor and close friend or foe. Virtual reality is today’s common ground. Fact is, that horse is probably dead for good. No need to beat it anymore. We are far gone way beyond the limits of mundane local reality now.  

That said, I’m always in utter dismay in front of essays like this. Polymorphic talent and shifting persona identities always raises questions. Artistry success in more than one discipline is rare and generates curiosity and suspicion. Notions like talent or genius are overused everywhere. It’s not easy to distinguish what’s authentic from the means of business and industry. Only time will tell. To me, hyper-argued analysis trying to tie motives of someone like Gaga like a bunch of loose ends is tedious and vain.

Allow yourself to be surprised, don’t wait for too much at the risk of being deceived, stay away from leaks and gossips and avoid to pry open the belly of the Golden Goose...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

RainingOnMe

This is completely wrong.

She said she loves pop music but that she struggled fighting to keep it her way.

Aloe

Agreed. I still love her music but there’s no doubt the magic that I love in her is gone and won’t come back 

Archived