Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

Luke78619

I wonder if there’s a Gaga Solo Demo somewhere out there :flutter:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

I love it omg :firega:

but I also love the part that Gaga wrote

come come unlike me come come unlike me :party:

take a bite take a bite

sa-sawa candy

sawa-2500g-green.png IT EXIST OMG

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Gaga2645

I’m like 100% sure this was in the middle of demos and writing sessions of lyrics between gaga and miss madison. They probably wrote the song together and them passed it to blackpink for translation.

one demo leaks and y’all think the process is that quick for an album that took years :mark:

Reginald

This sounds very K-POP. I like it, especially the expanded english lyrics :popcorn:

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Perfume
3 minutes ago, Bloody hooker said:

Wait, so is this a Sour Candy demo from another writer similar to Come To Mama with Father John Misty?

Why do all of the Chromatica demos slap :giveup:

With FJM it was different since they wrote the song together and he recorded his own version/demo of it, so it wasn't entirely a writer's demo! Sour Candy was a pitch song to Gaga and her team

an angel held me like a child

Stafani Versace
12 minutes ago, nativenewyorker said:

In my opinion, this song was created for Interscope to push BLACKPINK more than anything. I’m sure Gaga likes them too or else she would’ve refused the collab, but it’s kinda obvious it was just to push BLACKPINK even further to English speaking audiences. Notice how Olivia Rodrigo now has said she wants to collab with them too, another Interscope artist. Politics, but I like the song so who cares. The parts Gaga wrote only add to what was already great. If the song was completely written before Gaga recorded it I might feel differently about this situation but I’m not bothered a bit. I love the final version. 

This.

I always thought it sounded more like BLACKPINK ft. Lady Gaga. I hated it at first, but I started liking it soon after lmfaoo.

PartySick

Whew the way I keep winning :vegas: Sour Candy has been my least favorite from day one and remains the only Gaga song I don't have saved to my Spotify.

It's an inorganic collab (she scrapped her Cher collab because they didn't get to create it together), most of the song was written prior to Gaga getting it, and the production was entirely changed by Bloodpop (I'm presuming).

None of those things alone will ruin a song, of course, but every time something new comes out about Sour Candy, it just further validates my opinion that it's just a Blackpink song that was put on a Gaga album for some reason. I'd appreciate it a thousand times more if it was "Sour Candy ft. Lady Gaga" and put on THEIR album :diane:

I'm ready for your hate and SAD reacts, I said what I said :vegas:

🖤

Sneaky Oliver
33 minutes ago, qoqo said:

Is it wrong to like a song less when I realize the artist didn’t really write it? Because it feels stupid but idk

She still wrote a whole new hook for it and co-produced it so the final product is still HER song anyways. It’s called collaborative process. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

RainingOnMe
3 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

With FJM it was different since they wrote the song together and he recorded his own version/demo of it, so it wasn't entirely a writer's demo! Sour Candy was a pitch song to Gaga and her team

Could you please add a DL? Thanks for sharing! :hug:

Killa

It got cooler but lost a bit of the fun. Id like to listen how does it work kpop parts substituted by the creator against gaga dramatic contrast. I think it could work much better

PropaGaga
42 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Yup, proves that this was never a Gaga song. No wonder it’s my least liked on the album. 

They said from the beginning it was never a Gaga song. BloodPop and Madison wrote it on their own time and Gaga heard it and liked it so she wrote to it:

We started riffing on a chorus. We liked the title “Sour Candy." I thought we should write it like Sour Patch Kids in those commercials where they cut off people’s hair: They’re sour, then they’re sweet. That’s the wordplay I brought.... We wrote the chorus and I wrote a little verse for a [featured artist]. We were thinking BLACKPINK could be cool.... Blood brought it to Gaga and she was like, “I love this, I want to work on it.” She put her touch on it and transformed the song into her song. At the end she was like, “What about BLACKPINK on it?”

Suspiria

I was literally thinking today about what the original version sounded like:bradley: My mind

I really see what she meant when she said the original instrumental was "more true to Blackpink's artistry" now, this would fit right onto their album. In fact it makes me believe this was written for their album.

Leaks like this do make me question how much Gaga does contribute to her songs though. Like Gaga said herself she had basically no input on the final production of this song, that she was shocked when she heard it. And clearly this was already a fully formed song when she received it.

But still, demo leaks are always super fun. I really hope we get more from Chromatica.

Suspiria
7 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

She still wrote a whole new hook for it and co-produced it so the final product is still HER song anyways. It’s called collaborative process. 

She didn't co-produce it. Gaga has no production credits on Chromatica except the interludes.

Ivy

I like the part at like 1:00 to 1:20 a lot on this one but otherwise I like the gagapink one so much better

Archived