Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

ProdigyARTPOP
1 hour ago, kukuryku666 said:

not only this
but she made her verses, the whole thing sounds diffrent and lyrics are not the only thing you write in a song
melodies, notes, background vocals
this site is so uneducated about that

This is what I meant in my earlier statement when I said “do you know how writing a song works?” because it’s so much deeper than simple words. Thank you :heart:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sunny21
On 5/26/2021 at 5:19 PM, Suspiria said:

I'm sure that's true with a lot of her earlier stuff but with Chromatica I think it's hard to believe she was very involved. 

Ob·jec·ti·fi·ca·tion - treating a person as an object, devoid of thought or feeling.

Gaga is a person, not an object. Her DEPRESSION affected her songwriting, the kind of songs she wanted to write, etc.

Chromatica wasn't business as usual. She's not a songwriting robot! 

No, she wasn't crying and drinking all day doing nothing. She also won an Oscar! All that crying during awards season? And Enigma... "Tell me to go fck myself!" Really? Can you tell she was depressed?? 

Gaga had a psychotic break. "I was triggered, really badly, in a court deposition." She was depressed after her Joanne world tour (which was cut short). "I hated being famous. I felt exhausted and used up. Most of the time it is triggered by objectification. It's like I'm an object, I'm not a person." 

She thought about suicide every single day. "I swear I've been to the grave and back." "I lived in this house while people watched me for a couple years, to make sure that I was safe." 

Making Chromatica was like occupational therapy for her depression. "We were like, 'Feeling creative always makes her happy, so let's put some studio time on the calendar,'" said Bobby.

She'd cry and have flashbacks and anxiety attacks during recording sessions. No wonder she wasn't a producer this time around, besides the 3 instrumental interludes.

Gaga may not be a gifted lyricist like Taylor, but she does write music. And lyrics. She's a classically trained pianist.

ALMOST ALL the songs on Chromatica started out as simple piano tracks with Gaga or Gaga and BloodPop. 

Gaga said she made most of the album at her studio house, her Hollywood Hills home. She'd spent hours chain-smoking and crying upstairs on her porch, and BloodPop would coax her to go downstairs, every day. One step forward, two steps back. 

They would often spend their first few hours together talking through what she was feeling. As a result, the songs are more emotionally direct than almost anything in her catalog.

She said Chromatica was her "diary." "I spent a lot of time in a sort of catatonic state of just not wanting to do anything... And then I finally, slowly started to make music and tell my story through my record."

It's her most personal album to date, much more so than Joanne. Yes, you can dance to it, but songs like 911 are melancholic, plaintive, written in tears. 

Needless to say, they needed a few fun bops (and high-profile collabs) to help sell an album about mental illness. It is what it is.

she/her/hers

Sunny21
On 5/26/2021 at 4:17 PM, Cookie Tookie said:

Yup, proves that this was never a Gaga song. No wonder it’s my least liked on the album. 

I wish LMs would take the time to read all the interviews Gaga and her collaborators (including Madison Love) did when Chromatica was released. Listen to Gaga Radio. 

Then there wouldn't be meltdowns whenever old news gets recycled. OMG she thought about suicide every day? OMG she didn't write that fun bop?? I didn't know that! OMG she's just like Beyoncé now! 

https://ew.com/music/lady-gaga-chromatica-behind-the-scenes/
Madison Love wrote a track outside the Chromatica machine during an unrelated session with BloodPop, Rami Yacoub, and BURNS

she/her/hers

Sunny21
On 5/26/2021 at 5:23 PM, Suspiria said:

Sorry to keep replying to you lol. But Hatsune Miku, Babymetal and 'kawaii' are all Japanese, not Korean:billie:

Crayon Pop, a Korean girl group, opened for Gaga :heart:

she/her/hers

Sunny21
On 5/26/2021 at 6:01 PM, ARTGOD said:

If hearing this demo made you like the song less I completely understand you. I do not feel the same but I get where you’re coming from.

Gaga has built this image of being an artist who’s in complete control of every detail of her music, and it’s what differentiated her from some of her peers that basically get demos handed to them.

We even heard stories by her producers of Gaga basically writing the songs mostly by herself and giving them credit for minor contributions. She also has producing credits on basically every song in her discography from TFM to ASIB.

By all accounts, Chromatica is Gaga’s most collaborative effort, and thus, the album with the least involvement from her. She has no production credits aside from the interludes, and several songs were started without her.

So if you’ve built this image of Gaga being the type of artist who does everything and is involved in every step of the creative process (regardless of how true that is), it’s understandable that Chromatica is a disappointment in that regard.

Personally, I don’t care if an artist gets help or wants to delegate, I don’t care that she doesn’t have production credits or that she had a lot of help on many songs.

I just find it funny that my favorite album (ARTPOP) got dragged through the mud for YEARS for having “borrowed beats” and therefore being Gaga’s least involved record, but now that Chromatica has beat it in every way in that regard suddenly everyone is trying to come up with ways to defend it.

I’m just asking for consistency, or an apology :triggered:.

Ob·jec·ti·fi·ca·tion - treating a person as an object, devoid of thought or feeling.

Gaga is a person, not an object. Her depression affected her songwriting, the kinds of songs she wanted to write, etc. Chromatica wasn't business as usual. She's not a songwriting robot!

she/her/hers

Sunny21
On 5/26/2021 at 7:16 PM, Mr S said:

I don't think it's bad if someone doesn't write, but I must admit Im kind of envious seeing Taylor swift basicslly write a masterpiece album while Gaga is getting songs like Sour Candy. Rihanna and Ariana rely on hitmakers but those songs are good. Sour Candy is just bad. It's probably not even a Rihanna reject as the song would never even make it to her to

No, Taylor did not write folklore and evermore on her own. She wrote the lyrics to Aaron Dessner's MUSIC (instrumental tracks) for 9 songs on folklore, and 14 songs on evermore. Songs are not poems, you know?

Aaron sent her a folder of instrumental tracks he'd written for The National and Big Red Machine. Taylor wrote lyrics to his music and sent them back. 

"So I just sent her a folder of things I'd done recently and was excited about. Hours after, she sent back a fully written version of 'Cardigan.'... I think she really trusted me as far as my instincts to where the music would ultimately go, and also the mixing process." She also worked with Jack Antonoff (who sent her tracks) and her boyfriend. 

Aaron was even more involved with evermore, sending her instrumental tracks he wrote years ago. "Sonically, the ideas were coming from me more... With 'Marjorie,' that's a track that actually existed for a while... 'Tis the Damn Season' is a really special song to me for a number of reasons. When I wrote the music to it, which was a long time ago..." 

He's the sole producer on 9 tracks on folklore, co-producer on 2; sole producer on 11 tracks on evermore, co-producer on 5, including with his brother.

They worked so well together because Taylor's a big fan of Aaron/The National, went to their concert, and asked to work with him. A match made in heaven, if you will. 

Make no mistake, it's Taylor's album. She's a great story-teller, a gifted lyricist. She's the artist. It's up to her who she wants to work with. 

Few critics credited Aaron for folklore/evermore, but if the albums were poorly received, they'd blame Taylor and Taylor only. Fair enough? 

Imagine the meltdown if it was revealed that 14 songs on Chromatica started out as instrumental tracks written by another songwriter for his album!!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/aaron-dessner-taylor-swift-interview-folklore-1033870/
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/aaron-dessner-interview-taylor-swift-evermore-1105853/

she/her/hers

Gagaplayer315

No wonder it's such a random track in Chromatica :billie:

Sunny21
On 5/26/2021 at 7:10 PM, Mr S said:

If LG is gonna use songs written by other people like what Beyonce or Rihanna do then she needs to find better songs.

So that's why Rihanna hasn't released an album in 5 years! Since ANTI in Jan 2016! Not even a soundtrack for Ocean's 8!

She's been waiting for the perfect bop! Well, a dozen perfect bops! Wouldn't want to disappoint stans like you! :ladyhaha:

she/her/hers

Arizonadream777
On 6/5/2021 at 4:48 PM, Sunny21 said:

Gaga is a person, not an object. Her DEPRESSION affected her songwriting, the kind of songs she wanted to write, etc.

Chromatica wasn't business as usual. She's not a songwriting robot! 

No, she wasn't crying and drinking all day doing nothing. She also won an Oscar! All that crying during awards season? And Enigma... "Tell me to go fck myself!" Really? Can you tell she was depressed?? 

Gaga had a psychotic break. "I was triggered, really badly, in a court deposition." She was depressed after her Joanne world tour (which was cut short). "I hated being famous. I felt exhausted and used up. Most of the time it is triggered by objectification. It's like I'm an object, I'm not a person." 

She thought about suicide every single day. "I swear I've been to the grave and back." "I lived in this house while people watched me for a couple years, to make sure that I was safe." 

Making Chromatica was like occupational therapy for her depression. "We were like, 'Feeling creative always makes her happy, so let's put some studio time on the calendar,'" said Bobby.

She'd cry and have flashbacks and anxiety attacks during recording sessions. No wonder she wasn't a producer this time around, besides the 3 instrumental interludes.

Gaga may not be a gifted lyricist like Taylor, but she does write music. And lyrics. She's a classically trained pianist.

ALMOST ALL the songs on Chromatica started out as simple piano tracks with Gaga or Gaga and BloodPop. 

Gaga said she made most of the album at her studio house, her Hollywood Hills home. She'd spent hours chain-smoking and crying upstairs on her porch, and BloodPop would coax her to go downstairs, every day. One step forward, two steps back. 

They would often spend their first few hours together talking through what she was feeling. As a result, the songs are more emotionally direct than almost anything in her catalog.

She said Chromatica was her "diary." "I spent a lot of time in a sort of catatonic state of just not wanting to do anything... And then I finally, slowly started to make music and tell my story through my record."

It's her most personal album to date, much more so than Joanne. Yes, you can dance to it, but songs like 911 are melancholic, plaintive, written in tears. 

Needless to say, they needed a few fun bops (and high-profile collabs) to help sell an album about mental illness. It is what it is.

I agree with everything you said except for Taylor is a better lyricist.  She is not.  Her lyrics aren't that great unless your writing for a bunch of 12 yr olds.  I have nothing against taylor by the way.  I think her music is really good and I'm happy a woman can sell so much music, especially this day and age.

Archived