💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

Benji
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Always love the meltdowns when stans realize some Gaga songs have less input from her than they imagined :laughga:

Literally, Gaga is still one of the most hands on artists there are.  She heard a song she liked, wrote more to it, completely changed the sound and genre and people are claiming it’s not her song?  Does anyone on this site remember ARTPOP? :messga: If the result is as good as Sour Candy is, who cares!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ajmsamuel

dont u think suspicious that this leaks djring the wait of the remix album. i think they will use this version or at least the lyrics with an english spoken artist

kindest regards

HugoJG

Maybe Gaga didn't create much of the song, but she definitely made it HER song.

To all of you complaining about it, I suggest you go check out Joanne's or ARTPOP's writing credits.

TimisaMonster

So Gaga didn't write the song? :bear:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Miel

I know Gaga's used some pre-made beats and songs and lyrics and melodies before, some more than others, but this... dsfjsdlfhsjglskjfsk

9 hours ago, Benji said:

Literally, Gaga is still one of the most hands on artists there are.  She heard a song she liked, wrote more to it, completely changed the sound and genre and people are claiming it’s not her song?  Does anyone on this site remember ARTPOP? :messga: If the result is as good as Sour Candy is, who cares!

tea, but this seems... more :messga:

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
On 5/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, Supersonic said:

So the parts Gaga wrote are presumably the "rap"

I might be messed up, but I know what's love
You want a real taste, at least I'm not a fake
Come, come, unwrap me, come, come, unwrap me
I'll show you what's me, close your eyes, don't peek
Now I'm undressing, unwrap sour candy
Come, come, unwrap me, come, come, unwrap me
Come on, sour candy (oh, oh, oh-oh)

And the outro hook

Take a bite, take a bite, so-sour candy
Take a bite, take a bite, sour candy

As much as it kind of sucks to hear how little Gaga wrote of her singing portions, what she did write is fierce as hell.

Like, imagine if she wrote even more of it... dfnsfkhfs

3 points in and ready for more

KORG

All this time she's been claiming she's Gordon Ramsay and it turns out she has been using Betty Crocker instant cake mix.

illySpencer
18 hours ago, RainingOnMe said:

Can't tell if this is a joke.

Gaga receiving 1 pitch demo that she completely transformed and wrote plenty of for the final version suddenly means that her entire discog is full of pitch demos? :bear:

See:

FALSE ! 

Till It Happen To You was written before GaGa involment

Perfect Illusion and Come To Mama too.

Sour Candy, Sine From Above. + She didn't produced any songs of Chromatica except the interludes. 

+ She didn't completly transformed Sour Candy, BloodPop did, not GaGa. 

PartySick
On 5/27/2021 at 1:28 AM, Warhol Killer said:

I honestly felt like they could've added more parts in the album. The only thing I disliked about the final version is that it's too short, and comparing it to the other collaborations/duets in the album, this one feels they're not singing together, like how their parts are really separated from each other.

I created this rearranged version, made it longer, and tried to make it sound like they are together in the song. :yennefer:

This has little bits of Enigma in it, yeah? It sounds like it :bradley:

Honestly, I don't think I'd dislike this song nearly as much as I do if it were more collab-y.

On ROM, Gaga has a verse then Ari has a verse, they riff the pre-chorus and bridge together, and explode in harmony on the chorus. On SFA, Gaga and Elton literally sing together doing high and low harmonies. But BP and Gaga never actually touch on SC so it just feels like a pieced together thing rather than an actual collaborative effort.

Your version is definitely an improvement :applause:

đŸ–€

PartySick
33 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Till It Happen To You was written before GaGa involment

She wrote some of the lyrics and produced the song.

34 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Perfect Illusion

PI started as a concept demo "Illusion", she added the entire theme of the song and is credited as the lead writer.

35 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Come To Mama

Again, she's the lead writer :laughga: people have this misconception that because FJM recorded a demo while they were writing it that he already had it made and just presented it to her, which isn't true.

35 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Sour Candy

The only bits made before her involvement are the parts that Blackpink sings :shrug: she wrote her own lyrics. You're right about the production though :huntyga:

36 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Sine From Above

We don't even know where they were in the process of making that song so it's a little unfair to say she didn't write it :laughga: based off Axwell's comments, he says "you can still hear a bit of [the piano ballad] in the final version and it has the same chord progression", it sounds like it changed a good bit. They wouldn't be setting up Skype calls from LA to Australia to finish writing SFA with Gaga while Elton was touring if she didn't have major involvement. And once again, she's credited as the main writer.

And even if those 5 songs were entirely written by others (they weren't but let's just say they were), that leaves 9 tracks from Joanne, 18 songs from ASIB, and 11 from Chromatica that she DID write :laughga:

Anyone who even tries to say Gaga isn't 100% hands on and involved is wrong tbh. You can only make that case for the production which, imo, is what makes Chromatica one of her lyrically best albums but one of her weakest production wise.

đŸ–€

Ultimecia

The fact that Gaga was less involved in the making of this song was never hidden though.
I think the reactions to this might be overblown.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

enissa11
On 5/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, Defmix100 said:

wait I thought it was like 3 tracks out of 15 that used existing beats?

yes, i think it was just aura, MJH and another one

On 5/27/2021 at 12:40 PM, Bio said:

It's disingenuous, elitist and there are a lot of songwriters fighting for that kind of behavior to stop. Just because it's standard practice doesn't make it right. Funny how a lot of Gaga fans make fun of Beyoncé for doing this but when Gaga does it it's suddenly ok.

but when she claimed to be the main writer of the song???

Mad Architect of Light

Bio
18 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

yes, i think it was just aura, MJH and another one

but when she claimed to be the main writer of the song???

She’s listed as top billing. First name on the list usually means the main writer.

Archived