💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

gabeoz
20 minutes ago, androiduser said:

of course, I know, every major pop star does this, I never thought otherwise.

As a rule of thumb, if a song is credited to a bunch of different songwriters, it's some kind of a reworking of a song already written by someone else. 

Then I dont see why its an issue here? :noparty: None of this big reaction happened when any of her other songs that weren't initially came up by her were released, we've known even SFA was Elton's song given to her but people never overreacted like this. People here are acting like it discredits her artistry or discography as a whole, but it's nothing of the sorts. She still took the song and gave it her twist to make it her own in an album packed full of songs came up by her, and that's what is important here. It doesnt change the fact that she's written and been heavily involved in the production of the vast majority of her discography. And if a small handful of songs are enough to view her as lesser... I'm getting too much into it but you get the point :deadbanana:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flippy

BUT how about we add some BP vocals and the Gaga ones :stalkga:

Ok, I'm no audio editor but as soon as I heard it, I knew I needed to hear it with Gaga's vocals and some BP :music: We finally have a full English version (though the OG slaps imo)

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

sillynate

Y’all really in here arguing over two minutes :air: 

the real crime is that the industry is passing two minutes as full songs :air: imagine SC was a single with a vinyl release. I would not pay $20 for two minutes :air: ygmfu 

ProdigyARTPOP
1 hour ago, Mr S said:

I don't think it's bad if someone doesn't write, but I must admit Im kind of envious seeing Taylor swift basicslly write a masterpiece album while Gaga is getting songs like Sour Candy. Rihanna and Ariana rely on hitmakers but those songs are good. Sour Candy is just bad. It's probably not even a Rihanna reject as the song would never even make it to her to be rejected

Well this is all based on opinion,

because you find nothing good in the song but Gaga obviously did enough to want to rework it into her album & align it with Chromatica & it’s themes.

I also feel like maybe Gaga also put this song on the album to give Madison Love & BP exposure, this is Gaga we’re talking about, she’s generous with writing credits and trying to push new artists, as in she just wanted them to make more $$

JusKeepBreathin

Wait wait wait, so the producers made it sound even more like Katy Perry's Swish Swish on purpose? 

Is it bad that I like the demo more? It sounds more exotic. I wish Gaga's voice was on the demo. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

InstantDejavu
5 hours ago, nativenewyorker said:

In my opinion, this song was created for Interscope to push BLACKPINK more than anything. I’m sure Gaga likes them too or else she would’ve refused the collab, but it’s kinda obvious it was just to push BLACKPINK even further to English speaking audiences. Notice how Olivia Rodrigo now has said she wants to collab with them too, another Interscope artist. Politics, but I like the song so who cares. The parts Gaga wrote only add to what was already great. If the song was completely written before Gaga recorded it I might feel differently about this situation but I’m not bothered a bit. I love the final version. 

This. The same happened with Britney and Tinashe. They ruined Slumber Party imo by adding her that brings nothing to the song. They tried pushing Tinashe so hard.

Starmie25

So, judging from the last 5 pages it seems y'all want Gaga to admit she's a "fraud" for only adding a verse or 2? Seems legit.

#UWontuseMYCandy #GAGAISASHAM 🍬🍬😤😭

gh0styguy

Can’t polish a turd 🥴 shoulda been scrapped from the get-go in my opinion.

Lady Palutena

I always felt that was odd how it is on Gaga's album but Gaga only had the chorus and outro of the song. I was like "I wonder what Gaga's solo version was like?" But now I see, there never was a solo version of Gaga's. This was written without her and then given to her, which is not bad—happens all the time in music—but still, they should have released it as BLACKPINK Ft. Lady Gaga rather than the other way around. Being one who doesn't really care for features, it doesn't change my indifference for the song. It's just kind of there for me.

1 hour ago, sillynate said:

the real crime is that the industry is passing two minutes as full songs :air: imagine SC was a single with a vinyl release. I would not pay $20 for two minutes :air: ygmfu 

Agreed. I listen to a J-Pop artist who releases songs with an average of 4–5 minutes. Whenever I hear American music—usually on the radio in the stores or on bus rides—think "Is that it?" :laughga:

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

warhol killer

I honestly felt like they could've added more parts in the album. The only thing I disliked about the final version is that it's too short, and comparing it to the other collaborations/duets in the album, this one feels they're not singing together, like how their parts are really separated from each other.

I created this rearranged version, made it longer, and tried to make it sound like they are together in the song. :yennefer:

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Andreu

Her not having written a song won't changr the fact she did write the enormous majority of her stuff both on Chromatica and on her discography overall. And in this specific case, it makes sense someone else made BPs part, while Gaga did write her own part (except for the chorus).

I don't understand why she sacrifices the possibility to say she wrote absolutely every song shes recorded when all the songs that were demos by other peoples are never big songs that define her career tho, but that must mean its not important for her to be able to say that.

ELECTROHEART

I prefer the original :duck:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

guguxuan

Wow the original actually sounds like a kpop banger! 

But the album version one fits the overall album better. 

RAMROD

Can we get this version with BLACKPINK tho, so LISA can do her rap too?? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

julz

Now leak the MV next 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️

:oops:

Archived